Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 2, Series tied at 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
We have some stuff to work. No answer for Mackinnon’s line at all through two games. Even if you wear them down, our depth hasn’t shown they are better than the Avs depth. Lowry on Mack and Scheifele on the Avs 2nd line was supposed to let the Monahan line feast but they’ve been a disaster. Monahan and Toffoli are complete no shows and Ehlers was brutal tonight.

Hellebuyck with another meh performance at best. The Connor post was the beginning of the end and then Hellebuyck’s gaffe and letting Manson score with five seconds left or whatever are two unforgivable mistakes that cost us the game.

We got dominated in both games and if it wasn’t for Georgiev being useless in Game 1 we’d be looking at a 2-0 series deficit.

BUT at least we are tied. Maybe we will play better on the road — and Georgiev still is a liability.
You are 100% correct ! Jets should be down 2-0.
This is not their year at all.
I think it is Perfetti, Schmidt and dare I say Brosoit time?? Helly needs one game to sit, be pissed and refocus

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Im not in the Ehlers whipping boy camp but for Game 3 Im running
CSV - because thats just the way it is
Nino-Monahan-Perfetti
Gus-Lowry-Apples
Ehlers-Names-Iafallo

Jomo-DeMelo
DIllon-Pionk - because thats just the way it is
Samberg-Miller

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I wish I didn't have to read how if it wasn't for georgiev we'd be down 2-0 as if the avalanche didn't give up a ton of grade a chances game 1... as if helle is going super saiyan right now...

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
You are 100% correct ! Jets should be down 2-0.
This is not their year at all.
I think it is Perfetti, Schmidt and dare I say Brosoit time?? Helly needs one game to sit, be pissed and refocus

Perfetti yes. Someone (Miller? Schmidt?) instead of Stanley. You lost me with the LB in over helly though. I think that’s akin to Colorado healthy scratching Mackinnon.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Yuck.

Toffoli is absolutely useless out there. Put Perfetti in for f***s sake.

Helle needs to be better if we are going to win this series. Can’t have puck handling mistakes like that.

Colorado’s top players are just so much better than ours. When they get rantanen/nate/makar on the ice together we have no answer. Depth and goaltending need to come through if we’re going to win this series.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I wish I didn't have to read how if it wasn't for georgiev we'd be down 2-0 as if the avalanche didn't give up a ton of grade a chances game 1... as if helle is going super saiyan right now...
The Jets should have lost game 1 not just because of goaltending but because they were outplayed. It is unfortunate that game ,1 game many a false sense of hope.

Reactions: Team Bring It

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets completely outclassed in these two games. Lucky to be tied really. This is the 2nd half Jets that were wildly inconsistent and completely bought-out of whatever they were buying into in the first half of the season.

And when Hellebuyck starts flubbing the puck into automatic goals against, you might as well start booking tee times...

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
it sucks when your team haven’t lose in awhile and we were brought down to earth.

Hopefully the extra day will give the Jets time to think. But these are professional.
It all comes down to execution.
Jets not executing enough.
Avalanche is a good team but i believe Jets much more capable than what they have shown.

Perfetti in
Stanley out

Helly in game 3 ( if he losses that game ) got to go woth Broissoit in game 4 already..

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Perfetti yes. Someone (Miller? Schmidt?) instead of Stanley. You lost me with the LB in over helly though. I think that’s akin to Colorado healthy scratching Mackinnon.
Ok maybe I am overreacting but 10 goals in 2 games is brutal. It is a long series. One game off after tonights game could be a great move or. Backfire magnificently

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Still fun to be at the game. Wasn’t expecting to sweep the Avs. Learn from it and move on.
What is our whiteout record? Asking for a friend.😜

• Wow
Reactions: johnnyonthspot

CaptainUgly

Jackie made me look in the mirror for punishment
Apr 22, 2018
I think the criticism of Bucky is a bit much but he needs to stop playing the puck.

Reactions: GNP

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The Jets should have lost game 1 not just because of goaltending but because they were outplayed. It is unfortunate that game ,1 game many a false sense of hope.
lol... colorado went full run and gun with a goaltender that wasn't giving them saves and they gave up a crap ton of chances, I just don't understand why you even bother to watch jets games.... just full doom and gloom no matter what you are looking to say "I told you so" again, I hope I don't see you cheering if the jets win this series... but more likely uou will probably start crying how the jets won't win the next series if they play like they did against colorado

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Can't ignore Hellebuyck's gaffe, but yet again the Avs were able to forecheck the Jets to death and get to Hellebuyck's crease over and over again. I still like the chances of my goaltender being better than their goaltender given Hellebuyck's history and reputation, but he needs to be "big-and-boring", and way too often his crease (and puckhandling) was chaos.

Would you believe me if I said the Jets actually gave up more high-danger corsi against chances at 5v5 in this game as compared to the last? So sure, the Jets controlled the Avs speed through the NZ more - but COL isn't just a run-and-gun team reliant on MacKinnon and Makar, as they've obviously just shown. Bowness is galaxy braining in his hard matchups.

I'd also say good luck to the "second" line in terms of trying to make up for the lack of offence from the top line (getting shredded by... Mittelstadt and Colton's lines). Ehlers seems to be the first and second - hell, maybe only option - for transition in all three zones, as you have 64 trying to throw hits and 54 constantly making up for it on his backhand. Monahan played full prevent and it shows. I'm not sure what they're asking Toffoli to do but it isn't maximizing his skillset. The chemistry/vibes is obviously not great here - both in terms of the lines itself and the coaching staff's trust of it (outside of Monahan, I guess).

However, IMO, this was always the risk of running 81-55-13 and 62-17-22 (and 44-2 in this matchup against MacKinnon's line) forever and ever. What do you go to when you need to generate offence? And never mind just generate offence - it's consistently getting through the NZ and maintaining possession from your DZ -> NZ without just chipping it off the boards a billion times. There's only so many ways you can jig up your top 6 if you're 200% committed to always matching up 17 - and then add on the locker room politics where it appears neither Scheifele nor the coaching staff like the way Ehlers plays.

It's not all gloom-and-doom, but it certainly sucks when the problems you expected to happen rear their ugly head.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Good grief, dude.
oh, I guess I shouldn't read into comments saying we got flase hope and should start booking tee times, I guess that isn't fans acting like this series is over...

Can't ignore Hellebuyck's gaffe, but yet again the Avs were able to forecheck the Jets to death and get to Hellebuyck's crease over and over again. I still like the chances of my goaltender being better than their goaltender given Hellebuyck's history and reputation, but he needs to be "big-and-boring", and way too often his crease (and puckhandling) was chaos.

Would you believe me if I said the Jets actually gave up more high-danger corsi against chances at 5v5 in this game as compared to the last? So sure, the Jets controlled the Avs speed through the NZ more - but COL isn't just a run-and-gun team reliant on MacKinnon and Makar, as they've obviously just shown. Bowness is galaxy braining in his hard matchups.

I'd also say good luck to the "second" line in terms of trying to make up for the lack of offence from the top line (getting shredded by... Mittelstadt and Colton's lines). Ehlers seems to be the first and second - hell, maybe only option - for transition in all three zones, as you have 64 trying to throw hits and 54 constantly making up for it on his backhand. Monahan played full prevent and it shows. I'm not sure what they're asking Toffoli to do but it isn't maximizing his skillset. The chemistry/vibes is obviously not great here - both in terms of the lines itself and the coaching staff's trust of it (outside of Monahan, I guess).

However, IMO, this was always the risk of running 81-55-13 and 62-17-22 (and 44-2 in this matchup against MacKinnon's line) forever and ever. What do you go to when you need to generate offence? And never mind just generate offence - it's consistently getting through the NZ and maintaining possession from your DZ -> NZ without just chipping it off the boards a billion times. There's only so many ways you can jig up your top 6 if you're 200% committed to always matching up 17 - and then add on the locker room politics where it appears neither Scheifele nor the coaching staff like the way Ehlers plays.

It's not all gloom-and-doom, but it certainly sucks when the problems you expected to happen rear their ugly head.
think you completely lost the plot if you are trying to blame the second lines offense on the lack of offense from the 1st line...

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Team just needs to be better no two ways around it. We made to many mistakes tonight and it cost us. Had insane momentum and gave up a stinker off the faceoff then a bonehead breakaway. Everyone needs to be better or we aren't winning this series.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Will see how the jets are on the road. Colorado has been very strong at home so not gonna be easy.

.871 Helle… yikes - do you put brossoit in? Or wait till you are on the brink of losing the series?
You just don't. Because it would lower your chance of winning.

Reactions: thereturn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad