Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 2, Series tied at 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I loved how this game started. We were great and playing our game through the first 10. Got a lead on a great fourth line shift. After though the Avs slowly started taking over and eventually took complete control. Coaching is going to have to get this group back on track systems wise and make some adjustments to counter their forecheck and nz speed.

Helle started great but he can't make that puck handling mistake. He needs to up his game.

Defense all struggled with that pressure. We need to modify our retrieval and breakout scheme over the next few days.

Top line scored and had some good shifts but also gave way too much up.

Lowry line couldn't contain Mackinnon tonight, they put on a show.

Second line was terrible. Ehlers looks like ass, is Toffoli even dressed, and Monohan was invisible after a solid first game.

Fourth line was was good.

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
Well they weren't going to sweep but honestly the Avs have been the better team both games. I don't think this team can handle the intensity and physicality of playoff hockey. The mistakes tonight are what you get.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's a marathon, not a sprint. While it would have been nice for the Jets to go up 2-0, It's not the end of the world if they lose a game. Hellebuyck needs to be better, but if any of our horses think they can match MacKinnon's line, they have another thing coming. You can't hard match against him if he's playing practically every second shift. Nate tired is still loads better than any of our guys tired. We have the depth, so use it.

Yeah we may need a different matchup strategy.

Reactions: roccerfeller

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Lots to criticize there but the biggest offenders:

Hellebuyck needs to be better. He started well but had a bad 10 minutes to end the 2nd.

Ehlers had another terrible game, the 2nd line overall needs to wake up.

Whatever that powerplay was.

Put in Perfetti in Game 3, take out Stanley for Schmidt or Miller. Getting on the road should help them.
Bones going away from 4 lines hasn’t helped

Tiny Eyes Tyler Tooslowly useless, what a useless pickup

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Maybe we should give the Avs some credit they came here played two pretty good games and leave with the series tied. I think we can stop pretending the Avs are doormats they are very well put together team and this series is going to be a tough one, and yes the Jets have a very good chance of winning it.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Don't see us winning this series. We could just as easily be down 2-0. Disappointing effort. Seen this movie before.
They’re allowing the Avs to completely dominate them for painfully long stretches in their zone. The Jets are losing a lot of puck races. But it’s not over. They have surprised me before with their response to adversity so I have hope. Tonight just wasn’t their night somehow. They actually had a lot of great scoring chances they’d normally bury. They had very little luck generally.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maybe we should give the Avs some credit they came here played two pretty good games and leave with the series tied. I think we can stop pretending the Avs are doormats they are very well put together team and this series is going to be a tough one, and yes the Jets have a very good chance of winning it.

They definitely aren't with that talent. They also came here ready to win and showed why they have won a cup.

This group though is much thinner then their cup winning team. We should be able to compete and win but only of we stop trying to get into track meets with them. Get back to the system.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Every loose puck ended up on a Avs player.
Forecheck forecheck that’s what the Avs did.
Seriously the Jets need another D man that can carry the puck out of the zone. Other than Josh they stand behind the net and can’t decide who can carry the puck out of the zone.
Just like I said it happens every time make fun of a player and he shines. I hope the Avs fans have a Helly chant.
No need to panic nobody picked the Jets in 4 … Avs are a good team and they were due for a win after 4 straight losses to the jets.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Going to be a ton of recency bias negativity on here... but the first half of that game was exactly the way the Jets need to play

Instead of hammering down, the Jets took their foot off the gas after the massive PK and Scheifs goal... did they believe their own bullshit YET AGAIN... or did Avs step it up a notch...

The phantom non-icing also pulled the rug out a bit

The Helle f*** up was bad but Plinko and Dillon half-assed clearing the crease was a joke - throw you're fkn body at the puck don't stand there waving your stick like there's going to be a breakout...

Ehlers is the new whipping boy - but he was a couple millimetres from getting us back in this game - I really see Toffoli as the weak link in the top six right now

LOVED KFC's back checking in the first half of the game...

I wish the Stan experiment would end - Samberg isn't as good on his offside... we lose flow

Avs basically played our system against us...

At the end of the day, McKinnon and Rantanen have far far more desire than Scheif and Connor - and its not shot at our guys... but our top guys don't have that second level and it showed tonight

Helle needs to steal a game for us... soon. Georgiev outdueled him tonight

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The Jets started the game playing Jets hockey, then they stopped and lost. Let's pick up the pieces and win them both in Denver. I give this game two "Mr. Hankey's" out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for Game Three has been posted, so start getting your guesses in tonight! I've put together a GDT for the next game. See you all on Friday! Good night, I think I'm going to have nightmares...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad