Post-Game Talk: Avs 3, Pens 1 3/4/2015

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I'll list who I thought were pretty good

Spaling, Sutter, Hornqvist, Lovejoy, Pouliot

I rarely give Sid a minus, but he was real bad in this one. Kunitz was the only forward I thought was definitely worse.

Michael8771*

MAF with three consecutive games of giving up three goals, He needs to be better.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+Malkin
+Lapierre
+Spalling
-MJ
-Kunitz
-Sid
-Experience in general

Good night boys

Sums it up.

If Malkin had a selfish bone in his body, he'd demand to be free of Kunitz.

If Malkin had half a brain, he'd ask for a trade this summer.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
- This is the first time in eight years I'm actually not really looking forward to seeing the Pens on their California swing. At least in years past they actually looked like they cared. I don't think I've seen one game this year outside of the Rangers shootout getting called back where the entire team has looked emotional.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Literally anyone not named Sutter or Adams deserves a shot on Geno's wing in place of Kunitz.

Michael8771*

Crosby and MAF were the main culprits for our demise tonight. One didn't show up and the other didn't make the big save when we needed it most.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
MAF with three consecutive games of giving up three goals, He needs to be better.

Meh he was fine in this one. Rocket because Scuderi backed in, fluky second goal, and Pouliot got burnt on the third one.

Also, was Crosby playing in this game? Hornqvist and Perron were driving any chances that line had.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Horrible, listless 1st period. Knew they were gonna lose after that. 11 shots through almost 2 periods.

Funny thing was the Pens leaders sucked in this one: Sid, Letang, Scuderi, Kunitz.

The other funny thing is we traded for a little better Bortuzzo(defensively i mean) in Lovejoy and a 3 year older less physical Despres in Cole. Should've sold the Kunitz's and Scuderi's and Sutter's at all costs.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Fleury gave us a chance to win tonight.

Malkin has been a tour de force for the last several games.

Kunitz was meh.

Comeau is overcast in his role but playing nicely.

Perron was invisible tonight. Crosby too. Hornqvist was the only one creating any havoc out there.

Sutter did nothing to leave his imprint on this game.

Winnik and Downie with nondescript games.

Lapierre, Bennett and Spaling had some good shifts, but Bennett is not a good fit on that line. Spaling was playing with jump. Only Malkin worked harder tonight, IMO.

I thought Letang showed a lot of poise in the offensive zone tonight.

Pouliot and Lovejoy played solid if unspectacular.

I liked what I saw from Cole.

Scuderi can make smart defensive plays but he also can't make a play with the puck on his stick to save his life, including in his own zone.

Last edited:

Michael8771*

Poor first period, bad goal by MAF on Iggy, and that was that, we never recovered.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'll list who I thought were pretty good

Spaling, Sutter, Hornqvist, Lovejoy, Pouliot

I rarely give Sid a minus, but he was real bad in this one. Kunitz was the only forward I thought was definitely worse.

A special minus to Rick Tocchet

The PP showed signs of life with Pouliot on the right point and Malkin roving in the slot. Looked really sharp.

But, Letang is most comfortable at center point. Sid is most comfortable in the right circle. And, lest we forget, above all else, there are Kunitz's feelings to consider.

So, **** what worked. Let's go back to what didn't.

Rick Tocchet is a fraud. I hated the previous coaching regime, but this joke Tocchet spent two years trolling on twitter, talking about how he'd be the panacea for the PP.

And, nobody in the media will call him out, because they're all a bunch of lapdogs.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Also, was Crosby playing in this game? Hornqvist and Perron were driving any chances that line had.

What's alarming is he was not even being covered like he is in the metro. The Avs played him pretty loose. There was space for him. He was MIA, anyway.

Michael8771*

Perron was invisible tonight. Crosby too.

Kunitz was meh.

I thought the Pouliot/Lovejoy pair looked solid if unspectacular.

Scuderi can make smart defensive plays but he also can't make a play with the puck on his stick to save his life, including in his own zone.
No he didn't.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
+ Geno: God mode. Too bad Comeau played like butts for the vast majority of the night, and Kunitz is still a ****ing slug.
+ Lovejoy/Cole: Played well. Cole's a clear upgrade over Bortuzzo. Lovejoy's not a bad player by any means. Happy with their game tonight.

- Sid: Pedestrian game. Seemed clearly disinterested.
- Kunitz: Utter garbage of a hockey player. Getting rid of him this summer should be one of this franchise's most urgent priorities.
- Comeau: Had a lackluster game. Hope it's not a sign of him coming back to Earth after a very good season so far.
- Defense: We got walked several times by the speed and creativity of the Avs, and we didn't own a single inch of valuable real estate anywhere on the ice (front of the net, corners, etc).
- MJ/Tocchet: MJ seemed to be making changes just to make them. More of the same, no veteran players held accountable (Sutter, Kunitz) while putting Perron on the 4th for a couple of shifts for no reason. Tocchet better take a step back and totally reevaluate the power play. It's atrocious.
- The "welp, can't win 82 games LOL!" mentality: Just idiotic.

YinzAintBurgh*

----- Letang. Two goals because he's soft and can't clear the crease like a defensemen is suppose to. Single handedly cost them the game.

- Sid. Still waiting for him to do something on even strength.

+ Cole looked good and physical

+ Lovejoy looked a lot better like advertised

+ Winnik physical play

+ Malkin

BlackGoldGreen

Jul 7, 2006
California

Perron was invisible tonight. Crosby too.

Kunitz was meh.

I thought the Pouliot/Lovejoy pair looked solid if unspectacular.

Perron was far from invisible. I thought he played well. Crosby though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad