when were you when avs cup chances dies

• 'no'

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • and you???????????

Votes: 30 63.8%

• Total voters

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah their goaltending will be their downfall.

For the Avalanche overall I like the makeup of the healthy team. Take McD out and put Tufte in and I like the lineup.

1st Line: I really hope Drouin can get up to speed. He looked a step behind in the D-Zone but I think he'll have a long leash if he's putting up points.

2nd Line: I'm not sure Nuke and Lehky work together. I'd maybe move Wood up a line to see how his speed and shot could fit here. I overall thought they did alright. I just wonder if they could use something different on this line to help more offensively. I liked Ryjo's game overall, simple but he had some moments he was engaged which is encouraging.

3rd Line: I do really like this line overall. I think once they get going they can match the 2nd line. Colton is my new favorite Av. Love his game. I liked Wood's shot he ripped (I think it was his) for a post. I wonder if Lehky might be a better fit on this line though.

4th Line: Olaffson needs to get used to the system, but overall a fan. LOC you get what you get. McD ... why?

Overall I think once the lines get sorted and chemistry develops this team is better than last years by a good margin. I think you could argue the 2nd and 3rd line are interchangeable in the top 6 depending on who you're playing.

PLD was? That was brutal. Looks like Olaffson was able to evade it somewhat. But that looked awful.
Olaffson will be replaced with Pavel soon enough, but a good depth forward to have to switch out with Dermatitis

Playing against the Kings for a full seven game series wouldn't go as smoothly. Having Landy gives the top line such a different look. Drouin is the best of a bad situation and he looks effective and I think he'll be effective for 82 games. It's game 83 onwards that is a worry for him.

On the other hand by reputation Ryjo is the opposite. So as @Sea Eagles would say. Just trust in the boys and the Sakic master plan!
LA would be an easy series, they aren't that good.

Will they even make the playoffs ?

Vegas, Edmonton and Vancouver are better so they will likely fight for a wildcard

Last edited:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Olaffson will be replaced with Pavel soon enough, but a good depth forward to have to switch out with Dermatitis

LA would be an easy series, they aren't that good.

Will they even make the playoffs ?

Avs could be pretty deep by the time the playoffs come around if Landeskog returns; Kovalenko has any sort of impact; and if Mac adds at the deadline (especially a RHD).

Reactions: the_fan

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I have no problems with this so long as when he’s quiet, he’s smart with the puck and is good defensively.

It was a little crazy how invisible he was despite how good that line was. The definition of a quiet night.

I don't know if I'd call it floating either, just way over shadowed by Wood & Colton's strength and tenacity.

Wood looked fast, and strong as hell. Straight over powered guys off the puck a couple times, so far so good with him.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Drouin/Mack/Nuke
Lehky/RyJo/Rants
Landy/Rosco/Tatar
Wood/Pavel/Kova
Cogs/Olo/LOC/
Dermy/Kriv/Tufte

Someone(s) will have to go.
Why? Landeskog will only get added for the playoffs (coming before doesn't work capwise) so he technically doesn't need a roster spot reserved for him.

Pavel is waiver exempt which makes it easy to move him down to maintain extra depth. Kovalenko is also waiver exempt but may not like being sent down immediately, but at least for roster purposes that's a legit option to maximise depth/roster size.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So wait...Andreas Englund now plays for the Kings, and he actually played the other night? I don't think I remember a single mention of his name during the broadcast. I guess when it comes to Englund, that's a good thing.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Avs could be pretty deep by the time the playoffs come around if Landeskog returns; Kovalenko has any sort of impact; and if Mac adds at the deadline (especially a RHD).
for sure , Ryjo is my biggest concern but this team looks excellent otherwise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad