GDT: Aves @ Queens | 6pm MT | Sending out an S.O.S.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Kings should be the better team, they've been hoarding draft picks for what seems like 5 years and have drafted well for the most part, while Avs have allowed talent to leave for nothing.

If Avs win another Cup, they will do as Chicago did. With the Blackhawks, they won it 2010 and then again three years later in 2013 because they had to trade away talent after 2010 (causing a setback). The problem with the Avs is they don't have any prospects coming up due to very poor drafting and gave away all their talent for free. That means it could take 5 to 7 years before winning another one with this core due to needing more years to accumulate talent.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Shakeup trade please. We need some help.

I’ve called this for a while. MacK and Rants look like they are sleepwalking. We simply don’t have enough offensive support to counteract having a non-existent 2nd and near useless 1st.

If Makar misses significant time I wouldn’t be surprised to see a massive slide.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The team is struggling offensively right now and Bednar is usually quick to mix up the lines, but he seems hellbent on keeping these lines together. Split guys up for awhile and see if something else clicks.

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Kiwi - Colton - Mikko
Wood - RyJo - LOC
Cogs - Olofsson - Tatar

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kings should be the better team, they've been hoarding draft picks for what seems like 5 years and have drafted well for the most part, while Avs have allowed talent to leave for nothing.

If Avs win another Cup, they will do as Chicago did. With the Blackhawks, they won it 2010 and then again three years later in 2013 because they had to trade away talent after 2010 (causing a setback). The problem with the Avs is they don't have any prospects coming up due to very poor drafting and gave away all their talent for free. That means it could take 5 to 7 years before winning another one with this core due to needing more years to accumulate talent.
Kings have been a great team for a few years now.

They still don't have a goalie. Idgaf what Talbot's numbers are right now, he's still Cam Talbot.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Sacriligious I know....... but how many Kings goals began with a miscue play from MacKInnon? (Focus on where the turnover, give away or repossession of the puck started, not the actual goal scoring play that was executed.)

I count three.

The last one was the dump in to Talbot (and hand off to Doughty) with no recovery action intended.

He's totally brain dead right now.

Ham Fist

Feb 6, 2014
Boulder
They're just gassed after playing to OT and SO last night. Top line and D-Pairing have been playing way too much as of late. They just didn't have it tonight. Only reason it wasn't over earlier is cause LA wasn't on point the first period and a half. Once they got going, it was over. George kept them in it as best he could.
just because they’re tired doesn’t mean they’re not also disinterested.

Reactions: Snow Arc

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I mean we can sit here and blame 29 and 96 all we want but they are far from the problem.

The real problem is they're is just no scoring depth. You have a good 1st line usually at least they put up points consistently. And you have a decent 3rd and 4th line.

But if you have no 2nd line you are f***ed. The 2nd line is supposed to provide some insulation for the top line. Right now other team just match our top line with their best guys and then take 3 shifts off rest up then rince, repeat.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sacriligious I know....... but how many Kings goals began with a miscue play from MacKInnon? (Focus on where the turnover, give away or repossession of the puck started, not the actual goal scoring play that was executed.)

I count three.

The last one was the dump in to Talbot (and hand off to Doughty) with no recovery action intended.

He's totally brain dead right now.
Yup. Mackinnon crying on the first goal created that shot for Anderson, Second goal neither he nor Val want the puck they turn it over kings come back and Kopitar beats Mackinnon to the slot causing Manson to front him taking him out of position. Rantanen standing watching. Toews lets another pass get through and its a tap in for Byfield. Thats the GWG. Final goal of the game Mackinnon has time and space makes a stupid dump in into Talbot and Doughty scores. Mackinnon almost by himself gave this game away.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Toews has been very disappointing lately. He used to break up cross ice passes all the time. Now it's like he just lets them through.
Toews was like this last season aswell. Nobody listened. Hes continuing what he did from last season. Its decent play but not the same Toews during the run. That was probably the best version of Toews we ever going to get.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Toews was like this last season aswell. Nobody listened. Hes continuing what he did from last season. Its decent play but not the same Toews during the run. That was probably the best version of Toews we ever going to get.
Which is why we should have waited until the end of the season before re-signing him for 7 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad