Avengers

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It's so much fun. The characters feel like themselves. The gameplay feels really good. I haven't experienced any bugs yet either. Just fantastic.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Always seemed to me to be very difficult making the player feel what it’d actually be like to be Thor or Hulk. Captain America or Iron Man I can hypothetically see how a dev can recreate that experience in game form, but not Thor or Hulk. They’re basically invincible super strong gods.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Apparently this game is actually primarily multiplayer Destiny clone. Thought it was mainly singleplayer

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The beta was pretty good but it was too easy even on the highest difficulty.
dumb question but can you create your own super hero in the full game?
don't think so. Just the avengers with loot

Edit: also, the framerate is awful on base PS4, but I'm not really a framerate but so it was playable to me

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The beta was pretty good but it was too easy even on the highest difficulty.
don't think so. Just the avengers with loot

Edit: also, the framerate is awful on base PS4, but I'm not really a framerate but so it was playable to me
It's a beta, the final product always gets better.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The game is pretty much finished, it's basically a network test. In fairness the opening of the game has like a million enemies and destructible elements, the rest of the game was a lot more even.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Overall, that is generally true....but how much better, and in what areas?

The mental trap with betas is you can't assume that because you are playing a beta, all problems will be wiped clean by launch any more than you can assume that this is exactly how the product will launch.

Reactions: Beau Knows

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Kind of confirms what I felt, 24-25 fps a lot of the times on base ps4, base Xbox seems to be fine but it's 720p, so maybe they will fix it on ps4

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I haven't played it, but going off footage I have a hard time getting excited for this thing.

I admit my interest dropped like a rock as soon as they said it was a "live service" in the Square Enix showcase, but the combat just looks so....painfully generic.

Am I crazy in getting the impression that it's a generic looter shooter style game with a pretty Marvel skin?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I haven't played it, but going off footage I have a hard time getting excited for this thing.

I admit my interest dropped like a rock as soon as they said it was a "live service" in the Square Enix showcase, but the combat just looks so....painfully generic.

Am I crazy in getting the impression that it's a generic looter shooter style game with a pretty Marvel skin?
It’s not even a pretty skin, and the looter elements are extremely stupid. I don’t understand the appeal of this game at all.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Overall, that is generally true....but how much better, and in what areas?

The mental trap with betas is you can't assume that because you are playing a beta, all problems will be wiped clean by launch any more than you can assume that this is exactly how the product will launch.

I played the first weekend it was available and it was REALLY buggy. I submitted a list to their discord that was REALLY long. It's a fun game and the purpose right now is for us to break it and put a load on their servers to test that component.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I actually...don't mind it. Reddit overblew the shit out of this because they got all butthurt about the Spiderman being exclusive to PS4 thing (understandable, but there's nothing that can be done about it really) but the game actually plays surprisingly well.

Combat feels good on everyone except for Iron Man (trying to shoot with him feels janky as all hell) and each character definitely plays different. Hulk feels like a tank, Cap feels like a brawler, Black Widow feels more fluid and speedy.

Probably will get it now honestly.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
While it hasn't been officially scored yet, early reviews are pretty mediocre. Decent game bogged down by live service junk seems to be the consensus.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
General concensus right now seems to be the campaign is surprisingly good and lot of the bigger review giants saying the multi-player has potential depending where they take it in the future.

Iirc there was something about a rumored Wakanda raid or something so this game definitely has the potential a more streamlined version of destiny with all the micromanging done away with.

I bought it and I've enjoyed what I played so far but the multi-player is a bit a mystery to me so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad