Movies: Avengers: Secret Wars - May 7, 2027

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
“Secret Wars” points to a Marvel comics crossover miniseries from 2015 that involves an incursion between the main Marvel universe (Earth-616) and the Ultimate Marvel universe (Earth-1610) leading to the destruction of both. In its wake, many variants of Marvel characters find themselves living in a post-apocalyptic planet called Battleworld.

It is unclear, and will be for some time, how much Marvel Studios will draw from the 2015 “Secret Wars” — or the mid-1980s “Secret Wars” miniseries that inspired it. But perhaps the most important detail is what happened after the “Secret Wars”: Marvel Studios effectively rebooted, launching “all-new, all-different” versions of many of its most beloved titles, as some (but not all) characters from the 616 an 1610 universes found themselves living within a somewhat refashioned timeline.

Reactions: shadow1

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
“Secret Wars” points to a Marvel comics crossover miniseries from 2015 that involves an incursion between the main Marvel universe (Earth-616) and the Ultimate Marvel universe (Earth-1610) leading to the destruction of both. In its wake, many variants of Marvel characters find themselves living in a post-apocalyptic planet called Battleworld.

It is unclear, and will be for some time, how much Marvel Studios will draw from the 2015 “Secret Wars” — or the mid-1980s “Secret Wars” miniseries that inspired it. But perhaps the most important detail is what happened after the “Secret Wars”: Marvel Studios effectively rebooted, launching “all-new, all-different” versions of many of its most beloved titles, as some (but not all) characters from the 616 an 1610 universes found themselves living within a somewhat refashioned timeline.

It should be interesting to see where they go from this Saga .. no doubt they will want to keep the production train rolling if they can.

I think the most likely case is that this ends with the establishment of the Young Avengers for the next saga. Of course they could branch out into mutant and an X-men saga. Or use this as means to burn everything down in one grand finale, in which they could totally reboot the MCU with our old famous heroes like Iron Man, etc.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I think that might be the likeliest version over the original 80's Secret Wars story.

Reactions: shadow1

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I feel like Phase 5 has some heavy lifting to do to make people care about these next Avengers movies. There's still some well loved characters in the current Avengers lineup but no one really has that quality RDJ and Evans had as Iron Man and Cap. No one who sticks out as the clear heart and soul of the team like them. And just generally there's so many moving parts that it's tough at this point to identify what the big looming threat is.

The concept of the Secret Wars is cool for a film though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I feel like Phase 5 has some heavy lifting to do to make people care about these next Avengers movies. There's still some well loved characters in the current Avengers lineup but no one really has that quality RDJ and Evans had as Iron Man and Cap. No one who sticks out as the clear heart and soul of the team like them. And just generally there's so many moving parts that it's tough at this point to identify what the big looming threat is.

The concept of the Secret Wars is cool for a film though.

I agree.. there are so many things going in different directions is tough to see how it's coming together to the point that they can hype the next Avengers movie.

I'm excited about the idea however.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Where did you see these delays? When I google marvel movie delays I get nothing new, last mentions are articles back in November.

I was wondering this too, I see Iger apparently mentioned focusing on bigger franchises but didn't see any dates either when I searched

Reactions: beowulf

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
2027? Lmao.
Honestly the best thing the MCU can do right now is take an extended break. No shows, no movies, no video games. If you must, non canon animated shows like What If? Take three or so years off and start a new arching storyline off with proper development that lets audiences bond with a new central core of characters/actors organically, the way they did with the original Avengers. The post Endgame MCU has been such an unfocused mess. I haven't watched any of the shows or movies since Ms. Marvel outside of trying Secret Wars and not getting farther than one episode.

It's just hard to care when the wider narrative is so unfocused and half baked.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad