OT: Avatar Showdown. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Alright folks, I screwed up the last thread poll so now I'm making right to all you classy people.

The three most popular themes are the following:
Going for Broke - A play on the Detroit financial situation and guys like Alfie joining the team for glory.
Team About Nothing - Seinfeld themed avatars like the one I'm wearing.
Young Guns - A focus on the youth movement with the Wings. I'm picturing another Western theme ala the playoff avatars.

I'm also throwing in a wildcard for this round from FlashyG. I think it's pretty clever and should be up for vote as well.

"Wagon's East"

3000Wagons_East.jpg

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
See my avatar. I think you can figure out which one I am voting for.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Let me make a side note that I'll totally help you guys with any custom avatars you want. Just PM me a request.

This thread is here because I get super jealous when other teams have cool regular season avatars and we're the RED WINGS and deserve the best.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Went with going for broke.

Remains to be seen how much of a youth movement we have. As of today Abdelkader and Ericsson are the only guys under thirty in our top 6 and first pair. Ericsson turns 30 next year, Abdelkader doesn't belong up there according to the masses. They are getting younger but this avatar theme is going to be made fun of by the masses over on the main boards and seems probably a year or two off honestly.

We are getting younger and have a wonderful prospect pool, but it is on Babcock to actually play this youth movement and we are still far from the youngest team even if the roles are starting to go to younger players which is nice to see.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
They are getting younger but this avatar theme is going to be made fun of by the masses over on the main boards and seems probably a year or two off honestly.

I'd probably spin the angle that it's the old guys mentoring in the next wave.

Because you're absolutely right, the key players are still the older guys. The D is really young, though, so we've got that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'd probably spin the angle that it's the old guys mentoring in the next wave.

Because you're absolutely right, the key players are still the older guys. The D is really young, though, so we've got that.

You don't find many people higher on the younger guys than me, just saying it could be confusing when you venture outside of our section.

People wrongly assume this team is still all old guys, but we aren't the picture of youth either at least not yet.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Well. One can't change it ourselves.

Besides, I don't get what Seinfeld has anything to do with this franchise or players.

Too bad for you that I was still here, unvoted and in preferential standing of Seinfeld. No bankruptcy theme for you! :neener:

Truth be told, though, I would've voted for Wagons East too but didn't for the same reason why you switched.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Well it's been 3 days. That should do it. Team About Nothing wins by a slim margin.

I'll craft up a few samples and folks can start requesting their avatars.

AND REMEMBER, if you ask nicely, I'll still make any custom avatar you'd like not related to the theme. If you don't ask nicely, I'll still make it, but it will be done in MS Paint.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Found what I would like.

The quote: "Well, there's always a place for you on our team."
its from "The Beard" episode when Jerry is telling Elaine that towards the end of the show.

With a picture of Alfie. That would be great if someone would be able to do that for me?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Bear with me guys. Work and school have kicked into full gear. I'll be working on some this weekend most likely. This is why I did this sooooo early so I'd have time to get it going before the season started.

But once things calm down I'll have us outfitted right nice. FlashyG will be helping pick up my lazy slack, so you're in a good hands.

Detroit Swed Wings

#FireHolland
Jan 17, 2013
Malmö
Bear with me guys. Work and school have kicked into full gear. I'll be working on some this weekend most likely. This is why I did this sooooo early so I'd have time to get it going before the season started.

But once things calm down I'll have us outfitted right nice. FlashyG will be helping pick up my lazy slack, so you're in a good hands.

Sounds sweet, thanks for the effort!

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Actually if tootoo gets cut could someone with computer skills please make a highlander red wing themed one for me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad