Confirmed with Link: Avalanche Will Play VGK in Lake Tahoe Outdoor Game Feb 20th

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
NHL planning two outdoor games at Lake Tahoe for 2021 season

This is really f***ing cool. I watch that golf tournament every year just drooling over the scenery. Now I get to see the Avs play their biggest divisional competition in a winterized hockey version of this setting?

Also, the no fans part IMO makes it better. Let’s be real, you don’t notice the fans in outdoor games anyway. Now instead of that awful distances camera from most outdoor games we’ll see cool new camera angles and drone usage.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If the ice is anything like any other outdoor game I’ve ever seen, Vegas is going to have a huge advantage.

Should be a fun watch though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have a friend who lives in Vegas and we were planning a trip to Tahoe before Covid hit. Definitely one of the prettier places in America and sounds like a fantastic idea from the NHL.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
What a great idea. That location probably couldn't have fans in any real capacity anyways, so why not go all out. The players are going to love it.

I wonder if they are getting another special jersey for this game too? Or will they use the Reverse Retros?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What a great idea. That location probably couldn't have fans in any real capacity anyways, so why not go all out. The players are going to love it.

I wonder if they are getting another special jersey for this game too? Or will they use the Reverse Retros?
It usually takes a year to plan a special jersey so I don’t think so but yeah why not use the RR that night.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
I don't like the outdoor games but at least as a television event this should look a lot better than the ones held in stadiums. But the other issue with the outdoor game last year was ice quality which seemed to neutralize the Avs speed. Hopefully that will be better. At any rate it's just one game and the league needs to figure out a way to make television events in the regular season. Maybe since the Avs are the "road" team for this one they won't have the bad juju they had in the previous outdoor games.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
Hopefully the Avalanche can get through this game healthy. They suffered three injuries at the Air Force Academy game.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
People in that Friedman tweet are like "Great f***ing job NHL, why aren't the games Anaheim - San Jose and Arizona - LA?"

Oh yeah, no, I don't know...

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Perfect game and setting to break out those Reverse Retros! Great for the marketing of the jersey's and tees.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah if the NHL does this right, it could look glorious.

Finally a different look than the other outdoor games which all seem to look the same at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad