GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
This team overall wasn't going to win the cup, especially after Nuke. Georgiev certainly not the first issue for them to address.
hes up there in priority. could be up there in the ability to make a move too.

not sure the avs can do anything with nuke at this point

Reactions: Turbonium

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
Well, congrats to stars and their fans. Start had a game plan, executed it to perfection and were the better team won. I still hope you guys don’t win the cup because I hate Benn, but best of luck going forwad

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
On google apparently this is how the scorecard reads LMAO :laugh: (not sure if they fixed it) not photoshopped btw

GN1w3jtXEAA6bMc

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I knew it (I wanted to post, perhaps I should've); the Stars are more calculated, methodical. Reminds me of a Trotz hockey versus the world.

I have no skin in this game. For all the glitz and glamor of the Avs; they have beautiful skills; you cannot deny. As a hockey fan, they are a gorgeous team. Build on that. Thought they were the next Tampa; still think they are.

Biz annoys the f*** outta me.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I'm still rooting for Vancouver to beat Edmonton but personally, I see Dallas as the team to beat this year. I feel like either Canadian team would be outclassed.
We will have to see wont we. 1st it was Canucks will be bottom of the Pacific. Then it was they will be lucky to make playoffs. Then it was they will regress and fall apart as the season goes on. Then it was they were the most likely team to be upset in 1st round. Then it was Edmonton would steam roll them with ease.

Not saying we are favorites by any means . But we can hang around with the best of them. Anything can happen. We are just happy to be here. House money baby!

LaCarriere

All the gloating, cup or bust and saying Canucks are frauds. They were super annoying to deal with and the media didnt help with that and made it worst
As someone who is not a fan of any Canadian team, this is every fan of a contending canadian team. Fans of every team in contention crapping on each other, but we have 30+ years of no canadian team winning.

At least oilers, vancover, Montreal, Ottawa and flames have SCF appearance . Leafs fans should be the last ones crapping on any teams fanbase.

Elbombatzo

Oct 5, 2019
Erfurt
to be honest, i can almost live with these results, although the defeat hurts of course. The series was very good from my point of view. overall, dallas was a little more balanced and mature than the avalanche. you had the feeling in every game that the game could go either way. and we at least put up a fight despite being down 3-1. my respect to both teams. now go get that cup so pavs and benn can finally retire. i can't stand them anymore ;).

Congratulations, well deserved. And many thanks to the Dallas fans here, most of whom I have found very enjoyable.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Avs made a mistake.

Should have went after Lindholm and Tanev instead of Walker and Mitts

The biggest what if is in the Avs franchise is gonna be them not getting Jack Hughes in 2019. Obviously you can't fault them for that but it's still something to ponder, they'd be a dynasty with him. But yeah 2C has been an issue since Kadri departed

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
We will have to see wont we. 1st it was Canucks will be bottom of the Pacific. Then it was they will be lucky to make playoffs. Then it was they will regress and fall apart as the season goes on. Then it was they were the most likely team to be upset in 1st round. Then it was Edmonton would steam roll them with ease.

Not saying we are favorites by any means . But we can hang around with the best of them. Anything can happen. We are just happy to be here. House money baby!
I mean I'd be rooting for Vancouver against Dallas too. But my feeling about next round isn't an indictment on Vancouver as much as it is being very impressed with Dallas. Their systems play, team efforts, and resilience have the markings of a cup winner and DeBoer is starting to show he finally is capable of adaptation. Anything can happen, sure but I don't think either series Vancouver has been in has featured the best hockey and I think, with how they've labored to generate chances against Edmonton's defense consistently, I think the Nucks would have a lot of trouble against this Dallas team defense.

With the playoff history between Dallas and Anaheim and then separately with Vegas, I'm rooting against them as a pseudo-rival, but from a neutral hockey evaluation perspective, I think Dallas has the special sauce to win it all. Like you said, we'll see when we see.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Avs made a mistake.

Should have went after Lindholm and Tanev instead of Walker and Mitts
Mittelstadt is a long term solution and one of the best player in the series. It was Calgary who turned down a 1st and Ryjo for Tanev so they pivoted to Walker.

I knew it (I wanted to post, perhaps I should've); the Stars are more calculated, methodical. Reminds me of a Trotz hockey versus the world.

I have no skin in this game. For all the glitz and glamor of the Avs; they have beautiful skills; you cannot deny. As a hockey fan, they are a gorgeous team. Build on that. Thought they were the next Tampa; still think they are.

Biz annoys the f*** outta me.
The missing piece is Landeskog, if he comes back healthy they’re still a contender but the Avs window is closed if he’s done.

Reactions: Turbonium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad