GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Not going to say every Colorado fan is delusional, because they aren't but when the fanbase getting such a ridiculously favorable call doesn't even agree, it looks pretty shit on the league and officiating. There's a wealth of people here that have watched hockey for decades on end, and they have no f***ing clue what GI is - me included.
I know what it isn't and that wasn't it

Reactions: Stammertime91

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
the league didnt care about multiple cup winners circumventing the cap i doubt they care about a goalie interference call.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I think the Duchene GI call is fine, Duchene didn’t have his skates in the crease, but his body was in the crease area and made contact with Georgiev. Even with the Makar bump, Duchene was still slightly in the crease by his own volition before the bump.

AzHawk

Dec 20, 2015
The goalie should have an area that's just his, paint it blue if you want, I don't care. Just seems fair.

Reactions: Geoist

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Not going to say every Colorado fan is delusional, because they aren't but when the fanbase getting such a ridiculously favorable call doesn't even agree, it looks pretty shit on the league and officiating. There's a wealth of people here that have watched hockey for decades on end, and they have no f***ing clue what GI is - me included.
Someone seriously thinks that the correct call was made?

Reactions: Stammertime91

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Other than the horrendous no goal call, this has been some of the best OT hockey I've watched in a while. Both teams played well.
That's the only good thing about the call. Not a fan of either team so I can keep enjoying watching the game stressfree. Hopefully 2nd ot is good as well.

Of course, Lundqvist being a former goalie agrees with the call lol.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Duchene does bump skates but he's outside the blue the whole time & Makar bumps him in.

To me the bigger issue here is just determining what is/isn't goaltender interference. Because Hank is right that Georgiev doesn't have a chance to make the save, but Duchene is outside the blue paint & gets pushed in. Carter is right there's not much he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad