GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Oh I don't know, which one is better?

• Total voters

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I just can’t trust Georgiev going into next season. What’s wrong with his fundamentals? He looks wack even when he’s making the saves.

When did he start thinking he’s Hasek? He certainly wasn’t like that last year.
Georgie is the least of their problems this series. Probably not good enough to win a cup with. But there are so many bigger issues.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Gotta do something with the whole Val situation. Can’t have that distraction for another year. If they decide to keep him, it’s probably gonna be a mistake and everyone is gonna wonder if Val is gonna do this shit during another playoff run. That’s the biggest offseason issue for the Avs IMO

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Weirdly, I never seem to be mad after an elimination. I am supremely disappointed however. Such a rollercoaster of a season with still so many unanswered questions. Hate how they played most of this series. Not too many sure firepositives to take at the moment. Girard, mitts, George, played better than a lot figured I would guess so that’s a positive. The team’s demeanour as a whole is horrid though. Infighting, pouting, drama all season long. Something needs to change fairly drastically in the locker room imo.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
1716016112686.png

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Gotta do something with the whole Val situation. Can’t have that distraction for another year. If they decide to keep him, it’s probably gonna be a mistake and everyone is gonna wonder if Val is gonna do this shit during another playoff run. That’s the biggest offseason issue for the Avs IMO

As great as Nuke is on the ice, i don’t think you can remotely rely on him and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s burned all the bridges with his teammates. It’s similar to the Landy situation, I think the team needs to prepare as if those guys won’t be here

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Even if he stays clean, he'll be one poppy seed muffin away from f***ing us. I also don't believe he can stay clean. He loves Coke and Hookers. Sounds like a blast, but it's f***ing this franchise over.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That Blues team wasn't that great.
Are you serious? Just because their regular season was almost their undoing due to trash goaltending doesn't mean a roster which had O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Schenn, Schwartz, Thomas, Barbashev, Steen, and Sundqvist with Pietrangelo, Dunn, Parayko, and Bouwmeester on D wasn't a very deep, very structured roster.

1C who had an elite playoff run, elite 1D, depth down the middle and on D, and a goalie getting hot at the perfect time.

Who else you got.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Weirdly, I never seem to be mad after an elimination. I am supremely disappointed however. Such a rollercoaster of a season with still so many unanswered questions. Hate how they played most of this series. Not too many sure firepositives to take at the moment. Girard, mitts, George, played better than a lot figured I would guess so that’s a positive. The team’s demeanour as a whole is horrid though. Infighting, pouting, drama all season long. Something needs to change fairly drastically in the locker room imo.
I think Landeskog will help there--Makar and MacKinnon tried and I think they made strides as leaders this season but they're still not Landy. Granted, I don't actually know what's going on behind closed doors can only speculate on what I can see.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

I’m in the same boat as you, not actually mad they lost, just disappointed. Also agree that something needs to change in that locker room, feels like there’s a massive leadership void and the guys we would want to step into those roles may not actually be good candidates for that

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Are you serious? Just because their regular season was almost their undoing due to trash goaltending doesn't mean a roster which had O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Schenn, Schwartz, Thomas, Barbashev, Steen, and Sundqvist with Pietrangelo, Dunn, Parayko, and Bouwmeester on D wasn't a very deep, very structured roster.

1C who had an elite playoff run, elite 1D, depth down the middle and on D, and a goalie getting hot at the perfect time.

Who else you got.
That team was shit. It took Billy-f***-face-iton getting hot for them to win the cup. They used their size to bully everyone. They had a coach that knew how to get what he needed out of them.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Don’t think a lot of us are mad. Pretty sure most of us mentally already checked out when they went down 1-3.
I didn't check out, and things were actually looking pretty bright until around third period today. We were on our way to Game 7 with momentum. But the way we played the 3rd period and two OT's, I can't be mad at getting eliminated. Would be more mad if we played really well and the Stars lucked out a 2-1 win or something.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Even if he stays clean, he'll be one poppy seed muffin away from f***ing us. I also don't believe he can stay clean. He loves Coke and Hookers. Sounds like a blast, but it's f***ing this franchise over.
As great as Nuke is on the ice, i don’t think you can remotely rely on him and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s burned all the bridges with his teammates. It’s similar to the Landy situation, I think the team needs to prepare as if those guys won’t be here
Yeah but again, what can you do with Val’s contract ? If he completes the program, he’s gonna be added to the roster. Landy is not the same, he either gets healthy and plays, or we can keep him on LTIR.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I was angry last year when they lost to Seattle. Almost entirely at our management for doing f*** all and wasting a prime contender year and the chance to go B2B.

Not angry at all this year. Probably because most of that anger was spent before Game 4 when the Nichushkin news broke. I said it 4 days ago that the moment that news dropped, our season ended essentially. Val was simply way too important of a player for this team to overcome his loss at this stage of the year.

They gave a hell of an effort to try and battle back, but without Val Dallas was simply a better team.

Now I'm just ready to resolve the Val situation, get our Captain back, and find out just how big of an impact his presence will have on this group next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad