GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Oh I don't know, which one is better?

• Total voters

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
1716015035834.png

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
This is a weird stance to take.

Look at all the people drooling over Peter DeBoer. How many Stanley Cups exactly does he have?

Look at how highly regarded Mike Babcock was, yet he only won 1 Stanley Cup and it was with a stupidly stacked 2008 Red Wings team.

Coaches need good rosters to win. Find me the last coach to win with a trash roster? They don't exist.
That Blues team wasn't that great.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
GG fellas. Looking forward to many more playoff matchups down the road and building a great rivalry. You guys get a lot of shit on here but I think you guys have a great fanbase. Generally just jealous of what you guys have put together, I imagine. Cheers.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
This is a weird stance to take.

Look at all the people drooling over Peter DeBoer. How many Stanley Cups exactly does he have?

Look at how highly regarded Mike Babcock was, yet he only won 1 Stanley Cup and it was with a stupidly stacked 2008 Red Wings team.

Coaches need good rosters to win. Find me the last coach to win with a trash roster? They don't exist.

I think Bednar can absolutely guide this team to another cup. I just wish he was more adaptable, both to other coaches adjusting to his system, as well as integrating players into his schemes.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I think Bednar can absolutely guide this team to another cup. I just wish he was more adaptable, both to other coaches adjusting to his system, as well as integrating players into his schemes.
He couldn't even find a way to get MacK time and space in this series. Then he started putting old man Praise on his line. Bednar is a f***ing idiot when it comes to line combinations. He has a great system, but can't adjust when teams figure it out.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I just can’t trust Georgiev going into next season. What’s wrong with his fundamentals? He looks wack even when he’s making the saves.

When did he start thinking he’s Hasek? He certainly wasn’t like that last year.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
He couldn't even find a way to get MacK time and space in this series. Then he started putting old man Praise on his line. Bednar is a f***ing idiot when it comes to line combinations. He has a great system, but can't adjust when teams figure it out.

That’s where I think you need to replace the assistants. Get guys that may bring a bit more heat and passion to balance out his cool demeanour but also to bring a different perspective.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

Whether we want Bednar gone or not, its very unlikely since he just got an extension. Best we can hope for is they finally opt for 2 new assistants.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
I just can’t trust Georgiev going into next season. What’s wrong with his fundamentals? He looks wack even when he’s making the saves.

I maintain they should fire the goalie coach whether they stick with Georgie or not.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Whether we want Bednar gone or not, its very unlikely since he just got an extension. Best we can hope for is they finally opt for 2 new assistants.
I think there's a higher chance that Bednar gets fired before those two are let go.

Also, weren't a few coaches around the NHL just fired after signing an extension? I don't think it's that rare.

Last edited:

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Not gonna happen....... The (unexpected) win in game 5 and game 6's effort going to 2x OT will save Bednar.

And his AC's aren't going anywhere either.

(P.S. I'd love to see a coaching change because I don't think Bednar can/will change his speed/score off the rush strategy. But Jared is here long term until it becomes obvious that MacK has lost his wheels.)
A shame too... MacK years stalling out due to an immovable, stale coach(ing) culture.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Doesn’t it just feel like this team is cursed? The team wins the cup and immediately loses Landy, their captain and one of their best players for two seasons. Nuke steps up and apparently has massive addiction issues. Makar seems on again off again broken. It’s like any time they could potentially have things go their way the hockey gods bitch slap the shit out of them instead

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

Our goalie coach is supposed to be pretty good right? But maybe there's a clash in technique between the two? I wouldn't mind trading him, accumulating cap space and ride the Singer and FatMan until the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad