GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Oh I don't know, which one is better?

• Total voters

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Hot take but Dallas will get absolutely steamrolled by the Canucks.

Within the first 5 minutes of game 1 JT Miller is going to run over Tanev and Tanev will be at 50% the rest of the series.
Nucks will have a chance if they get Demko back, otherwise no

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I really think you need to start targeting more hockey smart guys to bolster the roster, we have too many hockey dumb dumbs
The Avs have to hit on both smarts and speed. It feels like they get one or the other with most of their recent acquisitions:

Colton: kind of speed, dumb as a wall
Wood: speed for days, literally negative IQ
Mittelstadt: IQ for days, can't seem to skate at the pace Bednar wants (though still played well)
Walker: phenomenal skater, fairly low IQ

The only one they seemed to get both with was Drouin and, lo and behold, the guy was one of the best players on this team the second half.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
1716013653869.png

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
So the real question for the summer: were Habs fans right all along? Did the Avs need Sean "the difference maker" Monahan to go anywhere this post season?

Reactions: MacKaRant

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
In the end this season was over on Monday afternoon, if you know what i mean....

Game 4 was the killer in the end.......

This team and core looks more and more like the Washington Capitals: One and done......
This is the issue. Upcoming summer will be important and seeing what some of the rookies can do will be essential. Pivotal few months this year to see what the direction this franchise goes.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Mittelstadt looked good at times. How were his fancy stats?

I’m curious to see how Mitts looks with a full summer and pre-season with the team. He’s well known as a hard worker, wouldn’t be surprised if he comes in near year looking like an even better fit.

The team needs to find a 3C and 4C that can take defensive responsibilities and actually be good at faceoffs

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Mittelstadt looked good at times. How were his fancy stats?
I dunno but he showed he would fit in here longer term. However, he needs to curb that pass 1st mentality. There were a couple of times tonight where he clearly should have shotbut kept trying to make a centering pass.

That wasn't working on this Dallas D.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I don’t think you can keep Nuke or Rantanen. The team needs to readjust and recalibrate the roster.

I agree. I don't know if we can get out of Nuke's contract, but Rantanen didn't show hardly any effort until it was too late, and even then he still constantly made mistakes and mishandled the puck. He's not going to be worth whatever his next contract is.

That said, even if you free up that extra 8 million (Landeskog takes up 7 of that 15) who is even available?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Anyone but Dallas now. See the celebration tonight? I don’t want to see what Paisley’s little ***** does if they actually win something. Nope, nope, nope.
All in on Florida to beat Dallas. Watching rat boy skate around with the cup while Duchene gets inspiration for his new country song would make this loss palatable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad