GDT: Avalanche vs Senators 1/16/24 @ 5:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT) Let's forget about yesterday!

Goalie woes got you down? Just click here!

• Here

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I'm not clicking that.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • My SSN is...

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
giphy.gif
f27b8487-3609-418e-b2b8-28e2583c907b_text.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Polin is as AHL as it gets.
We heard the same thing about Malinski on his first call up and here we are with him being a regular while Byram is out and holding his own pretty darn well so far.

Polin certainly needs more time in the AHL but he did alright with the ice time he got so far. He played well enough to be trusted by Bednar when he needed him to allow the top line to get some rest. For his first call up that is good enough for me especially considering the players he was playing with most of the time which are two dmen playing forward.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We heard the same thing about Malinski on his first call up and here we are with him being a regular while Byram is out and holding his own pretty darn well so far.

Polin certainly needs more time in the AHL but he did alright with the ice time he got so far. He played well enough to be trusted by Bednar when he needed him to allow the top line to get some rest. For his first call up that is good enough for me especially considering the players he was playing with most of the time which are two dmen playing forward.
Sure. He's still an AHL player.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Malinski seems like the type to be better in the NHL than AHL. Lots of NHL caliber skills that needs an NHL coach and teammates. Offensive puckmovers like Barrie and Shattenkirk for example. Still to be seen if he can keep playing as well along the boards as hes done recently, harder over 82 games.

Polin, has a couple of potential NHL skills, but i see him more like a shelden dries.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Bo Byram making poor decisions (poor penalties, poor positioning) and visibility showing it in his body language this year has frustrated me and probably alot of Avs fans. Also, we just expected another step up. Girard has played much better this year relative to expectation and a bit better overall.

But, peak Byram is better than peak Girard. No question in my mind. The inconsistency and low moments needs to be sorted out.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Polin is pretty clearly an AHL guy. About as bland as it gets.

Malinski is showing skill and creativity that might give him a chance to become something more.
His shot is sneaky good. But other than that, you can tell hes not as good positionally as Kiviranta, not as agile as Cogs, not nearly as fast/aggressive as LoC and not as big/fast as Wood. Passable call up.

I think Pavel is a better option if he can win draws and play better along the boards.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
His shot is sneaky good. But other than that, you can tell hes not as good positionally as Kiviranta, not as agile as Cogs, not nearly as fast/aggressive as LoC and not as big/fast as Wood. Passable call up.

I think Pavel is a better option if he can win draws and play better along the boards.

I dont even think his shot is NHL caliber honestly. Hard to say for sure on the small sample size, but the goal he scored on Sogaard the other night was a really soft goal. The kind of goal that if Georgiev allowed it we'd be screaming in the chat for sure.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Way back in the day my very first era of shit posting made it into multiple people's signatures (when those were still allowed). It was something about the majority of GMs in the league would take Brendan Morrison over Joe selfish Sakic.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bo Byram making poor decisions (poor penalties, poor positioning) and visibility showing it in his body language this year has frustrated me and probably alot of Avs fans. Also, we just expected another step up. Girard has played much better this year relative to expectation and a bit better overall.

But, peak Byram is better than peak Girard. No question in my mind. The inconsistency and low moments needs to be sorted out.

Well yeah, Byram most assuredly has the higher ceiling, just remains to be seen if he can reach it.

I am of the mind that his ceiling is not as high as his draft status suggests, but I still see a legit top pairing guy...if he can just clean things up.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yes, Malinski has an NHL shot. Especially because he's a very good skater in tight spaces so he's able to hold onto it long enough to find open spaces. That's kind of his bread and butter. It's the other aspects of his game that might not hold up to long-term scrutiny, but he's a legit weapon on that 2nd unit power play.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Yes, Malinski has an NHL shot. Especially because he's a very good skater in tight spaces so he's able to hold onto it long enough to find open spaces. That's kind of his bread and butter. It's the other aspects of his game that might not hold up to long-term scrutiny, but he's a legit weapon on that 2nd unit power play.
That stretch pass on the polin goal was chefs kiss. The type of passes you dont see much of at the AHL cause most cant handle it.

He's been way better defensively now than earlier in the year and in camp. But will still have issues if we face vegas.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
You only get that kind of reaction from me if you constantly call people stupid over simple disagreements, then direct the same kind of comment toward me, while simultaneously making the most ridiculous posts on the entire site.

You guys don’t qualify for any of that. Only one guy does.
Thank you sir, I don't know how he gets away with the name calling all the time.

Oh well like you say he has the most ridiculous takes on here.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad