GDT: Avalanche vs Panthers 1/6/24 2:00PM MNT @ Ball Arena (Emergency GDT)

Who would win in a fight?

• Panther

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Shark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penguin

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • An AVALANCHE!!!!

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He bitched and moaned when Brodeur took his starting spot in the 2002 Olympics.

He left the Leafs high and dry for the Red Wings and fell flat on his face there, so bad that Hasek needed to come out of retirement and save them.

I don’t like weak minded people.
That’s not really what happened though.

CuJo wasn’t great in Detroit, that much is true, but the Wings did not ask Dominator to come out of retirement. He ran back across the pond to avoid assault charges from an incident in a roller hockey game where he attacked another player. The situation between the two goalies was hostile but IIRC the hostility came mostly from Hasek, not CuJo.

I’ve no idea what happened with the Olympics but if anyone was bent outta shape about Brodeur taking his spot, it was Patrick Roy.

So you’re saying he’s at least not worse than what we have
Again, why not just try Miner? Why the f*** are they even keeping him around???

Reactions: LTCPain75

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I think it's fine the bank on Lehky coming back and being a top 6 again. Landy is definitely a question mark. But JD has been fantastic lately and seems like a great fit in the top 6 right now. So that depth could still be there. All we need is a 2C.

Well, a 2C plus an exit ramp for Ryjo. It matters not where he plays, he slows his linemates down. Bednar's system requires effort. Drouin took a little time, but he figured it out. Ryjo simply has not. But I agree with you on depth:

Wood / Colton / Kovalenko
Cogliano / Olofsen / LOC

is a pretty darn good bottom 6. For this year's playoffs, my bet - if he even plays - Landy is on the third line. I also agree wholeheartedly with you that Drouin is for real and is Top 6. The guy has always had the talent. He has always had the Hockey IQ. He lost confidence somewhere.

This is a perfect situation for Drouin. Smaller market. Right kind of coach. No expectations to be 1C, or even in the top 4 players for that matter. Best bud in Mac, but befriended fellow Quebecois Girard pretty quickly. Only time will tell, but I'd bet that Drouin sticks at 1LW and PP1 ( though I would prefer to see him running the show on PP2 than the bumper on PP1.) I would not rule out - and I wonder if CMac is thinking that - Lehky / Drouin / Mikko might be the 2nd line for the playoffs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That’s not really what happened though.

CuJo wasn’t great in Detroit, that much is true, but the Wings did not ask Dominator to come out of retirement. He ran back across the pond to avoid assault charges from an incident in a roller hockey game where he attacked another player. The situation between the two goalies was hostile but IIRC the hostility came mostly from Hasek, not CuJo.

I’ve no idea what happened with the Olympics but if anyone was bent outta shape about Brodeur taking his spot, it was Patrick Roy.

Again, why not just try Miner? Why the f*** are they even keeping him around???
F*** Dominik Hasek. I wish nothing but ill things upon that insanely negative, hateful human being. F***ing pathetic loser.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Honestly, this would be hilarious if it wasn't our team.
Screenshot_20240106_234418_Reddit.jpg

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
We need to pick Pavel and Tufte or something similar and bench RyJo and MacDermid. Two guys who can skate would be massive improvement. We basically play with 10 forwards. And for fake sake Bednar, play Malinski.
I really liked Pavel when he played last. Olofsson and Tufte also had a lot of good chemistry in preseason. I'm fine with either of both getting another look. Definitely better than MacDermid.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I still cant believe "HOW" we lost that game.... I mean, its kinda hilarious.....

Its ok to lose a game against one of the best teams in the league at the moment, but what really stinks is the way we did it last night....

I stand by it, 2C and help in net or this team will go nowhere this season, again.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Certainly not deserved the win, but still a bit annoyed at the double minor there in the 3rd.

The refs missed it, and so the only way to review it was to give a double minor. I wonder if thay played into it for the refs, as otherwise they would have needed to let it go.

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
The main annoyance for me in this game. I said after midway through the first when Rycroft kept saying he felt ok with it…I was saying florida is getting 10. Damn I was close.

I still cant believe "HOW" we lost that game.... I mean, its kinda hilarious.....

Its ok to lose a game against one of the best teams in the league at the moment, but what really stinks is the way we did it last night....

I stand by it, 2C and help in net or this team will go nowhere this season, again.
I mean it’s more than clear it’s a first round exit at the hands of a “deeper” team again this year.

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Only 9 games till the All Star break, with a 3 day break in there as well. Be kind of nice going into that break with a streak.
Keep yesterdays streak going until the break. Giving up 7 plus in X straight games is a streak, heck maybe even how many games in a row can we give up 10. San Jose ain’t got shit on this team. Lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
On the double minor... if any injury happens, they are supposed to call a double minor. Any amount of blood, any chipped tooth, etc. Blood is the rule of thum. The review for a double minor is supposed to evaluate whether or not it was an opposing player or not was responsible. So the sequence his is most likely ERod had a small amount of blood, which triggers the double minor. Upon review, it as clear the high stick came from Colton. I know Rycroft was screaming about lack of blood... but there are easily times where immediate blood happens and then is done a minute later.

TLDR... if you play in the NHL don't floss so your gums bleed easily. :nod:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
On the double minor... if any injury happens, they are supposed to call a double minor. Any amount of blood, any chipped tooth, etc. Blood is the rule of thum. The review for a double minor is supposed to evaluate whether or not it was an opposing player or not was responsible. So the sequence his is most likely ERod had a small amount of blood, which triggers the double minor. Upon review, it as clear the high stick came from Colton. I know Rycroft was screaming about lack of blood... but there are easily times where immediate blood happens and then is done a minute later.

TLDR... if you play in the NHL don't floss so your gums bleed easily. :nod:
Yeah, but I still find it amusing that you can chip the entire set of teeth out or scratch the chin and that's the same penalty...
Just feels like a roulette wheel and it is more about luck if it is 2mins or 4 mins, no matter much the action itself (which "type" of high stick).

But as with many other things, I doubt this point is high in any rule change priorities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad