GDT: Avalanche vs Oilers 03/16/24 @8:00PM MST (Emergency GDT) These bragging rights are good for 19 days.

How many MacK points tonight?

• Total voters

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
I didn't catch MacKs puck capture until someone pointed it out.

Never in a million years would I ever be able to pull anything like that off!

At best, most would blindly flail the puck toward the net off their back hand.

For MacK, it was a controlled capture with full intent... Curl, use skate to kick puck up to stick blade and send the pass. How the hell does one even practice that move??

Screw the voting sports reporters, MacK is the league's best player. No question. MVP. Give him both the Hart and the Ross!!
Fluke

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Great game. Avs were the better team for most the game and deserved the win.

Lehky with a great game. Really nice pass to spring Walker for his goal and another clutch GWG for himself. Dude might have a case for the most clutch player in the NHL.

Walker with a couple nice goals too. His speed and style is perfect here. Gonna need that offense from him to continue. Feels like Philly might not have utilized him as well as the Avs can.

Manson absolutely rocked Desharnais with that upper cut. Man was that a punch. Not sure how he stayed on his feet. Might have got a concussion too, because that was the last shift he played.

Great pass by Mitts on tying goal. That extra little stickhandle to time the pass and wait for the passing lane shows his poise. I think Drouin's a better pure passer, but Mitts might have better vision.

Best part of this game for me was seeing Georgiev stand tall. He looked dialed in all night, didn't lose focus, and made a some big saves at key times to help the team win. This is the Georgie the Avs need to win.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Lehky with a great game. Really nice pass to spring Walker for his goal and another clutch GWG for himself. Dude might have a case for the most clutch player in the NHL.
Had this conversation with my son after the game, guy has ice cold veins in big moments. Was fun trying to explain what "clutch" was to a 9 year old lol

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Great game. Avs were the better team for most the game and deserved the win.

Walker with a couple nice goals too. His speed and style is perfect here. Gonna need that offense from him to continue. Feels like Philly might not have utilized him as well as the Avs can.

Manson absolutely rocked Desharnais with that upper cut. Man was that a punch. Not sure how he stayed on his feet. Might have got a concussion too, because that was the last shift he played.

Great pass by Mitts on tying goal. That extra little stickhandle to time the pass and wait for the passing lane shows his poise. I think Drouin's a better pure passer, but Mitts might have better vision.

Best part of this game for me was seeing Georgiev stand tall. He looked dialed in all night, didn't lose focus, and made a some big saves at key times to help the team win. This is the Georgie the Avs need to win.
Desharnais broke a finger punching Manson, that's why he did not return to the game.

Just rewatched Walker's first goal, I did not realize it was Drai who was trying to stay with him through the neutral zone before literally giving up on the play. This is why the oil will win nothing with this core- no heart.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just rewatched Walker's first goal, I did not realize it was Drai who was trying to stay with him through the neutral zone before literally giving up on the play. This is why the oil will win nothing with this core- no heart.

Drai quit on the backcheck for Lehky's OT goal too.

He was ahead of him, then he let up thinking the game was over, while Lehky stuck with the play, skated past him, and gave himself enough room to receive the pass and chip it in the net.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Desharnais broke a finger punching Manson, that's why he did not return to the game.

I called this out earlier in the GDT when it happened and also after. Everyone has been talking about Drai's OT coverage on Lehky which is awful in its own right but he literally gave up on the back check after Lehkonen passed Walker the puck for his first of the game. I was laughing my ass off when it happened because he did like a half stumble into a half speed trot into the zone chasing Walker.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I don’t at all believe that Rantanen is “lazy”.

I think his legs get worn down sometimes and he’s not a good skater to begin with.

Some nights he has the legs and sometimes he doesn’t. I don’t think it has anything to do with desire, or compete. I think he’s a great competitor.

Hopefully the Avs can keep his minutes in check down the stretch to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I called this out earlier in the GDT when it happened and also after. Everyone has been talking about Drai's OT coverage on Lehky which is awful in its own right but he literally gave up on the back check after Lehkonen passed Walker the puck for his first of the game. I was laughing my ass off when it happened because he did like a half stumble into a half speed trot into the zone chasing Walker.
He is a truly horrific defensive forward. Near Patrick Kane level bad.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
McDavid at least gives an effort defensively and he is not as bad as some people make him out to be. Drai on the other hand is horrible due to a massive lack of effort.

Mikko can be lazy but I'll take him every day as a player over Drai. The only thing Drai has on Mikko is if Mikko is hurt he is fully hurt and out of the lineup...Drai on the other hand is only hurt defensively so he can still play and produce offensively.
Mcdavid used to be all offense he’s come around a bit in his d…a lot of that is from when he wouldn’t play d

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I don’t at all believe that Rantanen is “lazy”.

I think his legs get worn down sometimes and he’s not a good skater to begin with.

Some nights he has the legs and sometimes he doesn’t. I don’t think it has anything to do with desire, or compete. I think he’s a great competitor.

Hopefully the Avs can keep his minutes in check down the stretch to keep him fresh for the playoffs.
Intriguing perspective that deserves serious consideration.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad