GDT: Avalanche vs Mild 4/4/24 @ 6:00 PM MNT (Emergency GDT) Mystery of the car TPer

Who could have TPed Fleury' car?

• MacK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mikko

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Duhaime

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Bednar

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Of the 12 games Juice has played, only 2 have been against playoff teams; 4 goals against when he started vs TB (0.892 SV%) and the other being when he came in to relieve Georgie vs NSH for 39 mins.

Look at some of the top guys on the list I posted. Backup goaltenders who play against bad teams. Annunen is our backup goaltender.

Did I suggest anything else with my post?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
At even strength the Avs outattempted, outshot, and out-chanced Minnesota both regular and high danger.

The PP is where the Wild outattempted us 16-4, outshot us 9-1, out-chanced us 10-3 including 5-2 high danger.

So really, the Avs at even strength were in control of this hockey game. The Wild PP looked great today and probably should have scored another goal.

No Nichushkin, no Trenin, starting your backup. All things considered a good road win.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
At even strength the Avs outattempted, outshot, and out-chanced Minnesota both regular and high danger.

The PP is where the Wild outattempted us 16-4, outshot us 9-1, out-chanced us 10-3 including 5-2 high danger.

So really, the Avs at even strength were in control of this hockey game. The Wild PP looked great today and probably should have scored another goal.

No Nichushkin, no Trenin, starting your backup. All things considered a good road win.
Whew.... I'm breathing easier now..... lol

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man, what a game Drouin had. He passes the puck so damn quick, hard, and accurate it's almost impossible to defend. Times his passes perfectly too when you least expect it.

The fact he keeps getting better every game right before the playoffs is very encouraging for their chances.

Also, lol at this pre period ritual from Justus.

giphy.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Early book on Annunen is to get him moving side to side, back and forth. Don't let him get settled for a shot. He's too big for that. Look at the first goal tonight. Bad goal, bad angle, but that puck came out from below the goal line and was released quickly to the far post. He was too slow to get off his post and challenge the shot to take away the angle. He has to improve on that. Just one example. Whether he can correct that or not when teams start taking more one-timers and quick, off-balanced shots on him after getting him to move will be a big test.

He had amazing WJC performances, okay-ish to bad AHL performances, and now some really good NHL games. Too small of a sample size so far, but the potential is there. You also can't teach size and he's just f***ing huge. 6'4", 225 pounds and takes up tons of the net, but doesn't necessarily challenge and play at the top of his crease. A bit too deep for my liking, needs to take advantage of his God-given size a bit more.

Book on him at the WJC iirc was his glove hand. He played out of his mind to start, and then teams started picking him apart there, and he looked much different.

But he seems to have improved it quite a bit with Jussi, which is a good sign for other areas.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Man, what a game Drouin had. He passes the puck so damn quick, hard, and accurate it's almost impossible to defend. Times his passes perfectly too when you least expect it.

The fact he keeps getting better every game right before the playoffs is very encouraging for their chances.

giphy.gif
Da real McJesus Annunen!

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

giphy.gif
That's actually pretty cool!

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
So where is that dude that was all doom and gloom the entire off season after we signed Drouin?

Guy was a broken record, now that Drouin has been a good fit here and put together a productive season, I haven't heard any more noise, where did you go poster?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
MeNo HittheNetagain with the empty netter, so hopefully that will get his sighting system back on line.

Appreciated the work of Justice, but the team was still very sloppy in front of him.
They were surely just focused on tonight's game though, so a good defensive performance should secure the win.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Tag the bastard!
I would never do that! I will say there was a J--H--2--1 in his user name, and had posts like this:

Drouin is lucky he got the contract he did. He's garbage.

He had 2 goals in 58 games last year and has 17 goals in his last 4 injury plagued years.

If not for Mackinnon throwing him a bone he would still be unsigned.

I'd wager a good amount of money he doesn't even make the team and I still say Colton will be playing on Mackinnon's wing like he did in TB with Stamkos.

I wonder if anyone wagered the money with him that he mentioned?

There wasn't a ton to be excited about with Drouin, but it was a low risk move to put him with someone where there would be obvious chemistry and see if the shit stuck when thrown at the wall.

The guy was acting like the world fell apart signing him...

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don’t think Avs have played a 60 minute game all season
I can't really name one, I know there has been a couple but it's not the norm. We are a very streaky team that puts together stretches but not complete games.

One could argue that Bednar's system is demanding so sustaining for 60 mins is difficult, but realistically the team needs to play at a higher level more consistently.

Reactions: the_fan

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So where is that dude that was all doom and gloom the entire off season after we signed Drouin?

Guy was a broken record, now that Drouin has been a good fit here and put together a productive season, I haven't heard any more noise, where did you go poster?
He's currently posting mathematically impossible rosters for next year in the rumors thread.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I can't really name one, I know there has been a couple but it's not the norm. We are a very streaky team that puts together stretches but not complete games.

One could argue that Bednar's system is demanding so sustaining for 60 mins is difficult, but realistically the team needs to play at a higher level more consistently.
Yup, this is exactly what it is. Avs play a system in which they will always take chances to create offense where they will always give up high scoring chances, but it works because we’re tops in scoring and the d-men always have the green light to go for offense

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yup, this is exactly what it is. Avs play a system in which they will always take chances to create offense where they will always give up high scoring chances, but it works because we’re tops in scoring and the d-men always have the green light to go for offense
It's the "gegenpress" defense. A term I wasn't familiar with until now.

Reactions: the_fan

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Yeah you are right. It is very hard in Bednar's system to play a full 60 minutes especially the last 3-4 minutes of all periods due to fatigue.

Regardless of systems though it is very rare that any hockey team will play 60 minutes. It is just humain nature. The team will have a let down for a few stretches during any games, or they will sit back on a lead, or the other team will push back, etc. playing a full 60 minutes is very rare and that goes for all teams. I would say the best teams are probably around 55-56 minutes most nights if that.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
It's the "gegenpress" defense. A term I wasn't familiar with until now.

Wow that was a good read. I didn’t know Denver Post was like that

I think Josh Manson really strives with the gegenpress. Plays his best hockey attacking the puck carrier on an odd man rush or even jumping and intercepting stretch passes. You know he’s on his game when he’s doing that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad