GDT: Avalanche vs Jets 12/16/23 @Winnipeg (Emergency GDT) let's ground some flights!

Best kind of food?

• Chinese

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Japanese

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • American

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Italian

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Greek

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • English

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mediterranean

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • French

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Mexican

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • German

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
everyone who voted "American" needs to have their tastebuds rescued.
On top of burgers, hot-dogs and BBQ's, American food can be pretty much everything...

American - Chinese (Panda Express style)
American - Italian (Pepperoni pizza, cold cut subs, pasta casseroles...)
American - Mexican (Tex mex...)

Not refined by any means but if I could pick one style to eat for the rest of my life it's definitely American.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I think the fact that Italian is so high shows this board needs to get out and try new foods. Yall missing out on alot of flavor profiles. No hate on Italian but it's kinda middle of the pack.
I just absolutely love garlic, parsley and oregano. Also cheese and noodles with tomato just makes my brain produce chemicals that make me happy.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I voted Japanese because I think that is the only food I could eat the most frequently without ending up hating it.

I can't imagine living in a place where there's pretty much only 1 culinary option. I'd lose my shit. I always want something different all the time.

Like right now, I want goaltending and for a bunch of bozos to actually play defense. Haven't had that in a long time and it would really hit the spot.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Glad to miss 90% of this one. Only saw the first 10 minutes before going back to work.

Mexican food is my GOAT, but choosing just one is impossible.

Reactions: Alienblood

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Seems like we really missed Tatar in this game?

Also, Georgian food for the win.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Ya'll dom't know wtf you're missing with Mediterranean food. Arab food is GOAT.
I had lebanese pizza when I was a kid. I dont know what was in it but it was fire I give you that. Donair is also amazing always. What other Arab food am I missing that I need to try?

Armenian BBQ is awesome as well as Korean BBQ.
Yah amazing with the hot plate and the marinated beef and lamb you get. Tremendous. Never tried Armenian BBQ. Not sure if theres a spot in the city.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I had lebanese pizza when I was a kid. I dont know what was in it but it was fire I give you that. Donair is also amazing always. What other Arab food am I missing that I need to try?

Yah amazing with the hot plate and the marinated beef and lamb you get. Tremendous. Never tried Armenian BBQ. Not sure if theres a spot in the city.

Ugh yeah Lebanese food is tip top. They got some good food over in that part of the world.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I can’t decide between Italian and Mexican food. Love them both equally, but if I had a gun to my head and had to choose one, I guess I’d be dead

Mexican is cheaper lol, that's my justification.

Same and it was awesome. Cheesy garlic naan is something else. Doesn't quite reach the greatness of Thai food, but it's close.

Cannot believe Thai didn't make the list lol

Thai & Specifically Greek Mediterranean are the ones I can't choose between.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Wait....are you guys saying there are other types of food in the world than pizzas and poutines?

Mind blown!!!!!!!!!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've had almost every type of major cuisine in the world and Cajun is by far the best. The spectrum of food is determined by one side which is about the quality/freshness of ingredients. The cuisine that uses these techniques the best is Japanese, you can eat semi-raw yakitori chicken and never get sick once due to the high standard they have for their foods. On the total opposite side of the spectrum is the combination of ingredients together. The cuisine which does this best is French food where a lot of their cuisine requires a ton of ingredients together and stew for about 5-6 hours for the best umami.

I say cajun is the best simply because it is a combination of 2-3 cuisines together. Historians label cajun food as a combination of French, African, and Spanish foods together. Yes, the cuisine has a lot of deep-fried dishes which seems like a cheat code, but I personally do not eat a lot of deep-fried food and it is still the best to me. Jambalaya, crawfish etouffee, gumbo, creole shrimp, lobster bisque, dirty rice, seafood boil (could be the best single dish on earth), choux, shrimp and cheese grits, crab cakes, and cajun pasta dishes. Made an entire list without even mentioning their deep-fried dishes like alligator, pickles, po'boys, catfish, beignets, fried oysters, boudin balls, and hushpuppies. Best cuisine ever quite easily.

Italian is crazy overrated. Boys, it is just pasta with sauce, 12-year-old boys can make it.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I have a feeling most people are thinking of italian-AMERICAN food when they say Italian is mid pack or whatever.

Italian food in Italy is very very different and because they take their food so seriously it is very good while being very simple.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I've had almost every type of major cuisine in the world and Cajun is by far the best. The spectrum of food is determined by one side which is about the quality/freshness of ingredients. The cuisine that uses these techniques the best is Japanese, you can eat semi-raw yakitori chicken and never get sick once due to the high standard they have for their foods. On the total opposite side of the spectrum is the combination of ingredients together. The cuisine which does this best is French food where a lot of their cuisine requires a ton of ingredients together and stew for about 5-6 hours for the best umami.

I say cajun is the best simply because it is a combination of 2-3 cuisines together. Historians label cajun food as a combination of French, African, and Spanish foods together. Yes, the cuisine has a lot of deep-fried dishes which seems like a cheat code, but I personally do not eat a lot of deep-fried food and it is still the best to me. Jambalaya, crawfish etouffee, gumbo, creole shrimp, lobster bisque, dirty rice, seafood boil (could be the best single dish on earth), choux, shrimp and cheese grits, crab cakes, and cajun pasta dishes. Made an entire list without even mentioning their deep-fried dishes like alligator, pickles, po'boys, catfish, beignets, fried oysters, boudin balls, and hushpuppies. Best cuisine ever quite easily.

Italian is crazy overrated. Boys, it is just pasta with sauce, 12-year-old boys can make it.
Simple doesn't immediately mean bad. Also, I don't think you've ever been around a devoted Italian cook. I saw this old woman simmer a red sauce for 6 hours and stuff each ziti Noodle individually with different types of cheese. It was amazing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Simple doesn't immediately mean bad. Also, I don't think you've ever been around a devoted Italian cook. I saw this old woman simmer a red sauce for 6 hours and stuff each ziti Noodle individually with different types of cheese. It was amazing.
I spent an entire summer in Italy living with a family friend who moved there from Poland. Granted I was around Milan for most of that trip where the food ain't as good as in the south, but I spent a lot of time around Rome/Florence as well. The food is overrated and a calorie pounder, but the country is amazing. Florence is easily the best place I've ever been to in my life. The problem with Italian food is that most of their dishes are "make pasta, make tomato or olive-based sauce, and PUT CHEESE IN IT." Like, you can't convince me that bolognese takes more talent to make than a dish like bouillabaisse.

Reactions: missionAvs

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I spent an entire summer in Italy living with a family friend who moved there from Poland. Granted I was around Milan for most of that trip where the food ain't as good as in the south, but I spent a lot of time around Rome/Florence as well. The food is overrated and a calorie pounder, but the country is amazing. Florence is easily the best place I've ever been to in my life. The problem with Italian food is that most of their dishes are "make pasta, make tomato or olive-based sauce, and PUT CHEESE IN IT." Like, you can't convince me that bolognese takes more talent to make than a dish like bouillabaisse.
Cheese is f***ing amazing. More countries cuisine would benefit from just putting cheese in it.

• Haha
Reactions: S E P H

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Some of its almost always excellent. But some of it is often too rich or too heavy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad