GDT: Avalanche vs Jets 12/16/23 @Winnipeg (Emergency GDT) let's ground some flights!

Best kind of food?

• Chinese

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Japanese

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • American

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Italian

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Greek

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • English

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mediterranean

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • French

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Mexican

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • German

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I had lebanese pizza when I was a kid. I dont know what was in it but it was fire I give you that. Donair is also amazing always. What other Arab food am I missing that I need to try?

Yah amazing with the hot plate and the marinated beef and lamb you get. Tremendous. Never tried Armenian BBQ. Not sure if theres a spot in the city.
We need to meet up with @Avs_19 and each bring cultural dishes. You gotta try the real stuff, not the Lebanese Western fusion food.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I had lebanese pizza when I was a kid. I dont know what was in it but it was fire I give you that. Donair is also amazing always. What other Arab food am I missing that I need to try?

Yah amazing with the hot plate and the marinated beef and lamb you get. Tremendous. Never tried Armenian BBQ. Not sure if theres a spot in the city.
Sharawma

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Mexican is cheaper lol, that's my justification.

Cannot believe Thai didn't make the list lol

Thai & Specifically Greek Mediterranean are the ones I can't choose between.

I like all three of you more now that I know you know how to eat. 😆

@expatriatedtexan @the_fan @The Merchant

Anyone with spaces in their f***in name is a bitch to tag, f*** lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

American southern food is the closest to the culture of what started America.

You have food being prepared from scratch by poor people trying to use every ingredient and resource to maximize calories because back then they obviously didn't eat that often or they worked their f***in ass off and needed it legit lol. I survived off of a southern/polish diet in the Army, f*** that woman could cook, and I grew up with none of that shit lol. Except when my grandmother cooked who was from Tennessee. She's my favorite grandmother.

That food, It produces big boys lmao. Either fat f***s, or monsters lol.

Do not get addicted to it, might as well be crack cocain lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
American southern food is the closest to the culture of what started America.

You have food being prepared from scratch by poor people trying to use every ingredient and resource to maximize calories because back then they obviously didn't eat that often or they worked their f***in ass off and needed it legit lol. I survived off of a southern diet in the Army, and I grew up with none of that shit lol. Except when my grandmother cooked who was from Tennessee. She's my favorite grandmother.

That food, It produces big boys lmao. Either fat f***s, or monsters lol.

Do not get addicted to it, might as well be crack cocain lmao.
Halifax NS is famous for donairs

You know Nate is cheating eating those

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Halifax NS is famous for donairs

You know Nate is cheating eating those

f*** yes, I would be, we ate those from Greek refugees on Dover Island England in February of 2002.

Every night we had to walk up to the base from the club, this dude had like a closet sized shop, only thing open.

I'm pretty sure that dude made like 140×10 per night we were there. The best shawarma I've ever fkn eaten. It was insane. I found that in the states in Seattle, but that's been the only place to ever come close and I've lived near or in Denver, Seattle, and Tampa, as well as explored Chicago, and Detroit now.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Never heard of Armenia BBQ. Georgian food is interesting.

Japanese food of course is prepared for you. Not DIY.

Korean BBQ is the greatest. Where I'm from (NE Canada Montreal and Toronto) they are all over and quite good.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
f*** yes, I would be, we ate those from Greek refugees on Dover Island England in February of 2002.

Every night we had to walk up to the base from the club, this dude had like a closet sized shop, only thing open.

I'm pretty sure that dude made like 140×10 per night we were there. The best shawarma I've ever fkn eaten. It was insane. I found that in the states in Seattle, but that's been the only place to ever come close and I've lived near or in Denver, Seattle, and Tampa, as well as explored Chicago, and Detroit now.
I have a female friend in England and she gets them all the time.

she calls them Donner Kebabs

Either way I love them type of things.

I'd love to visit her sometime , she promised to take me around and show me the castle's and some of the rock circles .

Also my girlfriend used to do billing for an Egyptian doctor and his wife made some homemade Sharwarmas one dsy and they were damn good

I also have a recipe for homemade chicken gyros that are pretty good.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Never heard of Armenia BBQ. Georgian food is interesting.

Japanese food of course is prepared for you. Not DIY.

Korean BBQ is the greatest. Where I'm from (NE Canada Montreal and Toronto) they are all over and quite good.

No one has mentioned Hawaian food yet. I'm sorry for all of you f***ers lol.

It's worth the trip.

Like southern American and Asian mixed. It's insane.

Reactions: Alienblood

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The kid needs to be hired now, go ask Mack that question before every game for t h e rest of the year.

Wtf happened with the the? That's some creepy shit lol. Whatever dyne is coming for all of us. Seriously 🤣

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I like all three of you more now that I know you know how to eat. 😆

@expatriatedtexan @the_fan @The Merchant

Anyone with spaces in their f***in name is a bitch to tag, f*** lol.
So...are you a bigger connoisseur of salty licorice with ketchup or ass?

This board reminds me of that Netflix show, Somebody, Feed Phil. I absolutely love that show and that dude....basically, no matter where you go in the world you can find great food...and people.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So...are you a bigger connoisseur of salty licorice with ketchup or ass?

This board reminds me of that Netflix show, Somebody, Feed Phil. I absolutely love that show and that dude....basically, no matter where you go in the world you can find great food...and people.

Yeah that's true, makes me wonder why Bourdain did what he did. Although that dude could of won fear factor easily too.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
went to this one in person. This team won't win a meaningful game this season without addressing the second line and Makar missing.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad