GDT: Avalanche @ Sabres | 10:30 AM MT | February 14, 2016

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
We all have pet names for our loves...and our players.

20160214%20Forwards%20v2.png
sabres%20F_2.png

20160214%20Defense%20V2.png
sabres%20D.png

20160214%20Goalies%20v2.png
sabres%20G.png

AvsLeaders%2020160214.png
Sabres%20Leaders.png

Last edited:

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
AM, and I have no idea on starters or lines...just went with what I found. I would actually guess Picks, but who knows.

Alright, thanks. I sure hope Picks starts. He's good and Varly was super exhausted after those back to back starts. Avs schedule is a bit lighter after tonight, with 5 games in 15 days, but I feel like Varly needs the rest RIGHT NOW.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
AM, and I have no idea on starters or lines...just went with what I found. I would actually guess Picks, but who knows.

I actually like a slightly bent tired and stretched varly.. he did have what like two weeks off recently.. he will be fine and would be my choice in net, not that you or anyone else asked! ha

So, This game will show if the avs as a team are mentally tough enough to play with a points up lead ( standings), or if they are just occupying time and space. If they play hard win or lose I think we could be for real now... and we do need one more dman to help us carry the load into the PO...

If we look lost, confused, lacking hustle and all that what happened at the break play we say before these last couple games then they really are not mentally ready to be the step up and beat the opponent down team that they MUST be to be winners.. Heck the Broncos where bubble team, almost did not make the PO and look at them, with help but honestly after its over no one cares, if you are the guys with the hardware how you stumble into a win makes no difference.

Could we pot a cup, unlikely but making a second or third round is possible.... Honestly just enjoying good play is a bonus for us after that miserable start.

Compare the avs from Nov 1 forward and we actually do not look terrible... but we have some deadwood really hurting us.. namely
all our older guys and a still playing like a rookie 20 year old MAcK... all the talent none of the smarts.

So. lets go out and get some good old fashioned team beat down.. have another BC14 or other obscure player get some goals.. and lets win a big one like 7 - 2

My thoughts... either we are lost and dazed.. usually that is reserved for home though and lose 5 4 in a so
or
we come out after a big breakfast on the road and serve up some big time whipped cream of ASSSKICKKKINGGG and win 4 1 or better ..
I want a Shortie, a PP a MacL goal a MacK assistist and a game without a MacK dumb Banzia one against turnover...
I want a solid fast EJ healthy barrie too...
a Holden that starts and stops quicker and makes tape not skate passes.
A Beach goal and a soda trifecta goal assist and a great d play... he is so awesome for us.. Go sodapop show tangs how to play...
a Tangs game without an offside
Landy with a goal an assist a bunch of hits and good strong on the puck play....

and not to leave out our friendly strong team oriented best player.. how about a hattty for Matty? He was our selfish rookii forever, and look now what a team guy, gives me hope for the other....

Last edited:

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I actually like a slightly bent tired and stretched varly.. he did have what like two weeks off recently.. he will be fine and would be my choice in net, not that you or anyone else asked! ha

And then he injures his slightly bent and tired groin and goes down for the rest of the season.

We've got a solid back-up in Picks and that's the perfect situation to use your back-up. Use him.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
And then he injures his slightly bent and tired groin and goes down for the rest of the season.

We've got a solid back-up in Picks and that's the perfect situation to use your back-up. Use him.

well, its certainly a concern... but do you really think he is that spent? there is a judgment call, for me its ride the wild man day and for you its play the safe call and go with picks... I am ok with picks.. looks good and a solid guy, honestly he is a future number one unless he comes off the rails....

Go Avs....

Last edited:

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
well, its certainly a concern... but do you really think he is that spent? there is a judgment call, for me its ride the wild man day and for you its play the safe call and go with picks... I am ok with picks.. looks good and a solid guy, honestly he is a future number one unless he comes off the rails....

Go Avs....

True. In the end it's Roy's and Varly's call to make, based on how Varly really feels. We don't know enough to decide on this.

I'm just really concerned after seeing how hard of a time he's had to get up after each of the shootout attempts on Friday.

I'll be fine with either one of them in net.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
12:30 games should be nationally televised. I'm sick of trying to watch games on the trash nhl.tv and then giving up and finding a poor stream.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I want to go to a bar watch there and get a little loaded.. lol
but then my after hockey date dinner thing would be off! lol

in response to

12:30 games should be nationally televised. I'm sick of trying to watch games on the trash nhl.tv and then giving up and finding a poor stream.

Last edited:

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
Loving the 19:30 start time!

However, can't imagine having my favourite teams game starting at 10:30 on a Sunday. Safe to say I'd miss it sleeping away a hangover. Like I did today.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Loving the 19:30 start time!

However, can't imagine having my favourite teams game starting at 10:30 on a Sunday. Safe to say I'd miss it sleeping away a hangover. Like I did today.

If I get up in the middle of the night, I'd certainly get up at 10:30 in the morning. :D

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
1030 actually works for me best... at least on a sunday... and why would they start any other day so early? maybe a sat....

Does the league decide these things, or do they say hello team X.. you have to play team why this date.. what time do you want?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad