Avalanche Player Rankings #5

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Ok, so this is the next one of a poll where we're determining whom the best players are on the Avalanche... I'm running them ~3 days or however long it takes to get a clear winner.

Not who has the most potential, not who is the most valuable or is the most irreplaceable... "Who is the 2nd best Avalanche player on the team?"

Yes, who is the 2nd best player right now. Not who you think will make the most progress next year. If Game 1 of the regular season started tomorrow, MacKinnon would not be amongst our top 4 players AT LEAST. But that's my opinion, to each their own.

This is not a poll where potential is taken into account. So voting MacKinnon means you think he is actually the 2nd best player on this team ignoring any improvement he will make over the summer which we cannot account for since it would simply be guessing and defeat the purpose of this poll.

1. Matt Duchene (67% - 101 Votes)
2. Semyon Varlamov (75% - 94 Votes)
3. Erik Johnson (45% - 90 Votes)
4. Gabriel Landeskog (45% - 80 Votes)

Remember to mention who you want added next and that injuries/potential don't count, only how good the player would be if they stepped on the ice today.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I went ROR for 3 reasons... First, ROR has proven that he is far from a fluke when it comes to being a ~60 point scorer (along with proving he can score goals). The past 3 seasons ROR has scored 139 points over 190 games. During the same period Stastny has scored 137 over 190 games. So Stastny and ROR are roughly equal point producers. Second, his versatility and ability to play wing and center well. Third, he is the best 1 on 1 defender on the Avs by a pretty good margin.

Stastny and ROR are super close though, and it is splitting hairs between them.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Voted Stastny, again.

Man, we have some sick players when you think that guys like Stastny, ROR and MacKinnon are fighting to be named as the 5th best player on the team.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Voted Stastny, again.

Man, we have some sick players when you think that guys like Stastny, ROR and MacKinnon are fighting to be named as the 5th best player on the team.

The future is definitely bright. Especially when you think about the level of play guys like MacKinnon and Barrie have shown, and how they could push the other names down eve further.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
For me it was close between MacKinnon and O'Reilly. I'm going MacKinnon here but if not then it should be O'Reilly. Both O'Reilly and Stastny are good defensively and Stastny is the better passer but O'Reilly just has such a unique skill set and hands that puts him over the top for me. The way he uses his stick to defend perfectly every time, the way he uses his hands to make those little flip plays close around the net.

He's not going to win this poll but MacKinnon slots here for me. No he's not the best all around player and I honestly have no idea what his potential is. But it's not the most complete player poll, it's the best player poll and I believe the attributes he brings to the table right now are some of the best. The way he can create offense out of seemingly nothing. It's not so much his breakaway speed that amazes me, it's his lateral moves. And his passing is underrated, he's made a lot of slick little passes that resulted in goals.

Add Mitchell

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Voted ROR for 4th and voted for him again at 5th. Still think he was a little better than Landy due to lack of penalties. Both are close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad