McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
We have a very good fan base, Been some great characters over the years
Joey
Ben
Mullet Man
Magoo
Willie . I think that was his name. He had long hair and looked similar to Willie Nelson. I believe he might have passed away
Havent seen the fella who use to drain the beer on camera. He was a beauty as well. WOnder what his beer bill was after a game ?
DOpKTmwUQAARfGE (2).jpg

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
The last time we played a good 60 minute game against a good team was here last week against the Kings and this was our middle 6:

Henrique - Draisaitl - Foegele
Kane - McLeod - Perry

Those lines worked. Kane -McLeod - Perry pushed the forecheck and were a handful down low and in front. The Drai line also had a great game. Then we decided to change it for no reason.

Please Woodcro.....I mean Knoblauch - use some common sense.
Sometimes it's hard not caring about what you can't control

I have no trust in Knob to make good lines for the playoffs.

Sometimes it feels like I am going crazy. The Oilers play a great game all around and he fuks with the lines next game.

Can't touch Ryan Nothing Hopkins though

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Avalanche recently lost to the Habs and the Blue Jackets. Just putting things in perspective. That being said tonight is a statement game. Hope the refs don't f*** up the game.

Reactions: NeverForget06

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Dude, it was one bad game. They happen.

Anyway, I agree with you, tonight is a statement game and I hope to hell we show up.

And to be honest, it wasn't even that bad of a game up until the mid-point of the game and everything just blew up in a six minutes span almost entirely due to self-inflicted wounds that are easy to review and hopefully correct.

As the comment say, wrong side of the inch applied here, where if the puck on Dallas first goal is an inch off its location, it might not sneak through. Or if the three post up to then or the last second stick stopping Janmark's empty net shot are an inch different, it could have been 2-0, 3-1 even 4-1 Edmonton and then they possibly don't start doing the stupid things they did once they started chasing.

They ultimately deserved to lose that game, but play those same first 30 minutes 7 times in a series, Edmonton's likely holding a lead at the mid-point in 3 or 4 of those games and likely at least within one goal by the end of the 2nd 6 out of 7 times.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
And to be honest, it wasn't even that bad of a game up until the mid-point of the game and everything just blew up in a six minutes span almost entirely due to self-inflicted wounds that are easy to review and hopefully correct.

As the comment say, wrong side of the inch applied here, where if the puck on Dallas first goal is an inch off its location, it might not sneak through. Or if the three post up to then or the last second stick stopping Janmark's empty net shot are an inch different, it could have been 2-0, 3-1 even 4-1 Edmonton and then they possibly don't start doing the stupid things they did once they started chasing.

They ultimately deserved to lose that game, but play those same first 30 minutes 7 times in a series, Edmonton's likely holding a lead at the mid-point in 3 or 4 of those games and likely at least within one goal by the end of the 2nd 6 out of 7 times.

That game gave me PTSD from Game 1 and 2 against the Avalanche and Game 5 against the Knights. The final score for those games looked like a shit kicking, but in all of them (less so Avs Game 1) we were in a saw off game until we totally imploded for a short stretch and thew the game away. The deer in the headlights pants shitting isn't out of our game yet when the other team dials it up.

Coaching staff needs to know who their safe players are and rely on them when a potential momentum changing moment happens, good or bad. Woodcroft had a very bad habit of throwing out the 4th line and 3rd D pair right after a goal for or against and it killed us many times.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If you include playoffs, we've lost 9 of our 11 games against this team over the last three seasons. What's most frustrating is that of our 6 of our 7 regular season games have gone to OT, yet we only won one of those games. We always seem to play a close game against Colorado, but never find a way to actually close it out.

A win tonight would do a lot for the mental health of fans after that Dallas game.
One of the playoff games as well so 7 of 11 in total went to OT.

What's especially frustrating is that Edmonton had the lead in five of those OT games at some point in the third and three times they had a lead of at least 2 goals.

This team seems to know how to get a lead on Colorado, they need to learn how to shut them down once they get the lead. They have been better at this most of Knoblach tenure vs most of the league but it happened again the lone game vs. Colorado this year.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
One of the playoff games as well so 7 of 11 in total went to OT.

What's especially frustrating is that Edmonton had the lead in five of those OT games at some point in the third and three times they had a lead of at least 2 goals.

This team seems to know how to get a lead on Colorado, they need to learn how to shut them down once they get the lead. They have been better at this most of Knoblach tenure vs most of the league but it happened again the lone game vs. Colorado this year.

The cadence playing the "good" teams is very similar a lot of the time. Most have this theme:

- Overall effort isn't commonly a problem
- Usually have the run of play for a good stretch of time at points, but don't come away with many goals or any goals
- PP is ice cold
- Usually get the lead and blow it, or are down and find a way to tie it
- About 50/50 whether we win in OT, but when we lose it's often the result of something really dumb

I'm having a hard time remembering the last time we played a "contending" team and beat them by multiple goals in a solid, straight forward 60 minute game. We always find a way to make it interesting.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
That game gave me PTSD from Game 1 and 2 against the Avalanche and Game 5 against the Knights. The final score for those games looked like a shit kicking, but in all of them (less so Avs Game 1) we were in a saw off game until we totally imploded for a short stretch and thew the game away. The deer in the headlights pants shitting isn't out of our game yet when the other team dials it up.

Coaching staff needs to know who their safe players are and rely on them when a potential momentum changing moment happens, good or bad. Woodcroft had a very bad habit of throwing out the 4th line and 3rd D pair right after a goal for or against and it killed us many times.

Agreed, it is totally reminiscent of the entire Vegas series. 5 times in 6 games the team allowed 3 goals in a period. Each time losing the game that they allowed that to happen (happened twice in Game 1). 7 times Vegas scored a goal within two minutes of either team scoring a goal and an additional time in the first minute of a game. Granted Edmonton had its share of quick responses as well, but Edmonton wins that series if they figure out how to stop the quick momentum shifts like that.

Hopefully it was a reminder to the team how quickly a game can turn on them and that every play matters and you can't let things snowball like that.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The last time we played a good 60 minute game against a good team was here last week against the Kings and this was our middle 6:

Henrique - Draisaitl - Foegele
Kane - McLeod - Perry

Those lines worked. Kane -McLeod - Perry pushed the forecheck and were a handful down low and in front. The Drai line also had a great game. Then we decided to change it for no reason.

Please Woodcro.....I mean Knoblauch - use some common sense.
Couldnt agree more...those lines looked really solid against a very good team.
Its a bit of a mystery to me why Knoblauch is still screwing around with the lines so late in the season. Solidify the lines and let the boys build some familiarity heading into the playoffs..

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The cadence playing the "good" teams is very similar a lot of the time. Most have this theme:

- Overall effort isn't commonly a problem
- Usually have the run of play for a good stretch of time at points, but don't come away with many goals or any goals
- PP is ice cold
- Usually get the lead and blow it, or are down and find a way to tie it
- About 50/50 whether we win in OT, but when we lose it's often the result of something really dumb

I'm having a hard time remembering the last time we played a "contending" team and beat them by multiple goals in a solid, straight forward 60 minute game. We always find a way to make it interesting.

They beat up Carolina pretty good in Edmonton this year.
They beat up Toronto pretty good last march, and Vegas twice in the playoffs last year and another time in March as well.

But yeah it's not very common, but it happens.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

1712337612042.png

Because you can always put them together if things aren’t going well during the game, Im assuming he’s starting these two together so that the team doesn’t dig a hole early that they can’t climb out of, wanting to really win this game.

That’s a real indictment on the rest of the roster if so, that they cant be trusted and the other possible line combos are junk.

I hope they remember that even if the glitter twins score early and often, the entire team still needs to play defence to close the game out. They’ve had a habit of forgetting that.

Should be an interesting 3 hours.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

WTF?
Just because you lose badly doesnt mean you have to revert back to the 97-29 formula.

I have to hope that Knoblauch is just starting with this lineup to throw off the Av's preparation and that he will revert back to the lines from the LA game.
Otherwise this makes no sense what so ever.

Knoblauch seems to be indicating that he has little to no trust in his roster. I hope that isnt the case.

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Just go clinch, worry about the rest later.

On that note, They only need a single point to clinch as Minnesota can only achieve 95 points. St. Louis can only achieve 96 points which an OTL gets for Edmonton.

Then go on to tiebreakers, First tiebreaker is RW where St Louis can get is 35, Edmonton already has 35. Second tiebreaker is ROW where the most St. Louis can achieve is 42. Edmonton already has 43, so they'd get the tiebreaker.

All that said playoffs were pretty much a lock a while ago. Let's lock up home ice for the first round. For that we need any combination of 6 Wins or Vegas regulation losses, and a combination of 4.5 wins or LA losses (.5 being a OTL for either)

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad