GDT: Avalanche @ Kraken Mon, Nov 13th 8:00PM Mountain Time (Emergency GDT)

why?

• Total voters

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It was weak but called by the book IMO. Clearly made contact with George in the blue without being pushed by an Avs player.

So while weak, technically correct.

If we are being honest I'd be pretty pissed if the teams were reversed. But it's about time another team got called by the book instead of being given all sorts of leniency. The Avs are always called extremely tight to the book, whereas other teams against us tend to get all sorts of liberties.

Saw that, kind of pathetic. My team took a deliberate cheap shot at an opposing player I don't like so I'm good with it. Be better Seattle.
That whole city is filled with trash fans if I've learned anything from the Russel Wilson trade.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Kinda wonder if Bednar said something to MacDermaid after the Makar and Lehkonen hits. He’s been very comfortable playing his 3 minutes collecting his cheque for a while now. That fight seemed to be what I’ll call staged or at least pre meditated to some degree and not just heat of the moment. Not always easy for him to find a dance partner either. Just some random thoughts.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kinda wonder if Bednar said something to MacDermaid after the Makar and Lehkonen hits. He’s been very comfortable playing his 3 minutes collecting his cheque for a while now. That fight seemed to be what I’ll call staged or at least pre meditated to some degree and not just heat of the moment. Not always easy for him to find a dance partner either. Just some random thoughts.
He sucks, and is IMO a waste of space but I do feel for the guy during games when he fights and has to sit at the end of the bench for 55 minutes not doing anything. Just you and your thoughts for the 3 remaining hours. Gotta be tough mentally.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Middleton made a big enough deal about Dermy essentially ‘jumping’ him and not giving him time to drop his gloves and square up that I was still hearing about this and breaking the code from his friend a year and a half later. At least from Middleton’s POV, Dermi broke the rules about the heavyweights fighting. If others saw that and had the same interpretation, that might sway a borderline decision to the no side until he’s proven that he’s going to follow the rules

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's important for the Avs to score first, but this game didn't fit that trend at all. They gave up the first goal (first two goals before it was overturned) and had to battle back to win.

Avs are 1st in winning percentage when scoring first and 5th when trailing first.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
There was a shift in the 3rd where RyJo was caught on a long shift in the defensive zone due to a Drouin turnover and as he was racing for a loose puck in the corner he unleashed a hilarious vicious one handed swing of his stick at the puck. Wish there was a clip of this as it encapsulates RyJo’s defensive effort perfectly. That was also the most noticeable moment from him in that game. Early returns on the RyJo bet don’t look promising.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Was MacDermid playing in either of those games? Bednar tends to keep him on a leash, I rather he utilize MacDermid as a "first strike" weapon.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
There was a shift in the 3rd where RyJo was caught on a long shift in the defensive zone due to a Drouin turnover and as he was racing for a loose puck in the corner he unleashed a vicious one handed swing of his stick at the puck. Wish there was a clip of this as it encapsulates RyJo’s defensive effort perfectly. That was also the most noticeable moment from him in that game. Early returns on the RyJo bet don’t look promising.
:laugh::laugh: yeah I actually laughed at that quite hard.
Oh Johansen.

Was about 7.10 left in the 3rd.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That talentless fvck pushed Lehkonen head first into the boards and was not penalized nor punished by the NHL. I am frankly surprised to read that Bednar let Dermy go out and fight! Although in fairness that is a good trade-off if they both got 5.

Nice to see some of the new guys- Drouin, Tatar, Colton- get on the board. And nice to see Nuke get a goal in Seattle, perhaps a monkey off his back.

That was a puck battle IMO like the Colton hit. Oleksiak is just way bigger and stronger, and Lehky was off balance from going around Larsson to get to the puck, and then extending his stick to reach for it. Oleksiak didn't really push him as much as he braced for contact. Very unfortunate play.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
And then Seattle scored immediately and THEN, DELAYED...
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad