GDT: Avalanche @ Go"LTIR"den Knights **The Jack Attack is Back** 8p MT

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
landoskog must be traded imo. he destroying 1st line with stupid plays and hiding puck at walls and trying to hold puck foreveer. HE SHOULD NOT HAVING PLAYING WITH HERODRESS AT THIS TEAM. HIS ROLE SHOULD OF BEING STRIPPED DOWN AND SENT TO 2ND LINE TIL HE TRADED IMO. im sorry reading game and watching with professinal traineed hockeyeye i say he like happy playing and trying not to passing mikko too much. HE ALMOST AS MANY POINTS AS RANTANEN THIS CRAZY! SOMETHING HEAVILY WRONG GOING ON HERE! MIKKO SHOULD OF MAKIN AT LEAST 50 POINTS MORE/SEASON. thing is i think he trying mikko not makin 100 points at any season by missing goal by purpose feeling when mikko passing him. also not seeing 1st line working at any time since moons ago sorry. if you want some player not makin very much point you playing like this. you like hiding puck in walls, you slow play down, you solo. i get so anagry with this. coach/team headquarters must reacting to this. they must let mikko playing for 150 point season with linemate that he working with. landoskog not of caliber to playing with SUPERSTAR. when he playd for so many years in 1st line i still not seeing coaches trying to having him playing more at these other 2 players shadow. i see on weird mediocre letted having too much puck here and he of course failure with this. at 2nd line player outscoring first liner in points. this like evedence i speak of truths here . this like maybe having macaknnon also trying desperately speeding up and shootin all time. change trade landoskog already please. he not fitting in first line here. im heavily feeling rantanen stalling in frustration with landoskogs activity during game that rantanen landing yet one more time in like 85 point season. and at playoff catastrophy completed with knockout outro in colorado caosstyle like like it now feeling every year since. makar only trying to makin point he no defenseplayer by any mean. or good player. now must take eggs with fish and farthwalking out bad feelings. thank you

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

I’m going to try to incorporate these into my vocabulary

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I know this is the nature of fandom but there are a whole lot of Avs fans shrugging off what happened between MacKinnon and Patrick who would be absolutely apoplectic if Byram came back and was then knocked out by this exact same play.

Not at all. Patrick was knocked out by a stiff wind. If Byram wouldn't be able to handle that, his career would be in jeopardy.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
landoskog must be traded imo. he destroying 1st line with stupid plays and hiding puck at walls and trying to hold puck foreveer. HE SHOULD NOT HAVING PLAYING WITH HERODRESS AT THIS TEAM. HIS ROLE SHOULD OF BEING STRIPPED DOWN AND SENT TO 2ND LINE TIL HE TRADED IMO. im sorry reading game and watching with professinal traineed hockeyeye i say he like happy playing and trying not to passing mikko too much. HE ALMOST AS MANY POINTS AS RANTANEN THIS CRAZY! SOMETHING HEAVILY WRONG GOING ON HERE! MIKKO SHOULD OF MAKIN AT LEAST 50 POINTS MORE/SEASON. thing is i think he trying mikko not makin 100 points at any season by missing goal by purpose feeling when mikko passing him. also not seeing 1st line working at any time since moons ago sorry. if you want some player not makin very much point you playing like this. you like hiding puck in walls, you slow play down, you solo. i get so anagry with this. coach/team headquarters must reacting to this. they must let mikko playing for 150 point season with linemate that he working with. landoskog not of caliber to playing with SUPERSTAR. when he playd for so many years in 1st line i still not seeing coaches trying to having him playing more at these other 2 players shadow. i see on weird mediocre letted having too much puck here and he of course failure with this. at 2nd line player outscoring first liner in points. this like evedence i speak of truths here . this like maybe having macaknnon also trying desperately speeding up and shootin all time. change trade landoskog already please. he not fitting in first line here. im heavily feeling rantanen stalling in frustration with landoskogs activity during game that rantanen landing yet one more time in like 85 point season. and at playoff catastrophy completed with knockout outro in colorado caosstyle like like it now feeling every year since. makar only trying to makin point he no defenseplayer by any mean. or good player. now must take eggs with fish and farthwalking out bad feelings. thank you

"... and it's for those reasons, I'm out" :sarcasm:

these hot takes are either really stupid, or part of the schtick, either way I'm over it :laugh:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I know this is the nature of fandom but there are a whole lot of Avs fans shrugging off what happened between MacKinnon and Patrick who would be absolutely apoplectic if Byram came back and was then knocked out by this exact same play.
Sorry it had to be Patrick getting hurt but I aint crying over any Vegas player getting hurt after Kolesar launched himself into Byrams head or Carrier doing something similar at Lake Tahoe. How about Reaves rage attacking Graves last playoffs? Carrier feeding Toews 4 shots in a scrum and getting nothing for it. f*** the Golden Knight I hope they all suffer from erectile dysfunction. Give Mackinnon a game which is more then that f***er Kolesar ever got. Mothaf***er didn't even get a penalty on the play.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Sorry it had to be Patrick getting hurt but I aint crying over any Vegas player getting hurt after Kolesar launched himself into Byrams head or Carrier doing something similar at Lake Tahoe. How about Reaves rage attacking Graves last playoffs? Carrier feeding Toews 4 shots in a scrum and getting nothing for it. f*** the Golden Knight I hope they all suffer from erectile dysfunction. Give Mackinnon a game which is more then that f***er Kolesar ever got. Mothaf***er didn't even get a penalty on the play.
29 absolutely should get nothing for his hit. It was minor, and if Patrick makes a normal play instead of bailing out he doesn't get hurt at all. Unfortunate result.

And f*** Vegas they are dirty as f***. Between Kolesar, Reaves pulling Graves hair out, that gross display by Carrier after the whistle, the BS cap manipulation. f*** them, they don't deserve any sympathy.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
I totally get that, but in the end I would still put majority of our resources in getting Giroux first and if he's a good fit for this team. Nemeths' and Chariots' should be avoided at every possibility, but I don't think Avs need a David Savard 1st round pick value defenders either. Braun, Kulak, de Haan, Pysyk, and Gustafsson, those are the defenders Avs should be looking at to solidify the bottom-pairing and PK. They shouldn't cost a ton.

Yes winning four rounds with Bura Compher and Jost in the middle six won't be possible.

But I don't think Girard and EJ as the second pairing.

There's enough bottom pairing depth if EJ gets pushed out of the second pairing.

A solid second pairing guy signed beyond this year shouldn't be too expensive if the guy has limited offense.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
MacKinnon wasn't even trying to do anything to Patrick except shrug him off of his lane to the puck. It was careless by MacKinnon and a deserved penalty, but he wasn't even looking where he was rising his arm and why it shouldn't be suspended. There was no intention to injury there and what made the entire play bad is that Patrick had no guard up or expected him to do it. He was too enveloped with watching the play with the puck and disregarded his surroundings. In a sport like hockey, that's when you're going to have a bad time.

Reactions: The Merchant

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I didn't like the hit, it was well away from the puck and he absolutely deserved a penalty. Dumb decision by him. I still don't quite understand how he caught Patrick in the head like that though. Just...weird. In real time it just looks like a pretty innocuous contact until Nate throws him off, but in slow motion, you can see his face run into 29's shoulder.

Anyway, suspension-worthy? I don't know. At least there was a penalty called this time, which is more than I can say about what happened with Kolesar's deliberate head shot on Byram, from which he is still struggling to recover from.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What's amusing is Vegas actually made themselves temporarily worse with Eichel rusty and not having Stone, and they're probably gonna lose the division to Calgary. By the time Eichel gets up to speed and starts producing, it's gonna be too late. They're already down 3 points and Flames have games in hand.

Good management by Vegas!

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021

I disagree with this take, and I can point to solid evidence. Byram's latest concussion came from Bo Horvat's reverse hit, which is very similar to how the MacKinnon-Patrick play went down--hockey play, maybe a little dirty, but well within what's generally acceptable. I don't think anyone on this board was screaming for Horvat to be suspended. And honestly I haven't seen Horvat's name come up pretty much at all in the injury thread during discussion of Byram. It's always Kolesar and his high, late, dirty hit, Parros for being an incompetent and biased prick, and that's about it.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You show me where MacKinnon skates at full speed and then leaps into Nolan Patrick looking to strictly target the head with full force and maybe I'll agree with you.

Sympathy for Nolan Patrick, but if that was Keegan Kolesar on the receiving end last night I wouldn't even care. It'd be poetic justice.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
You show me where MacKinnon skates at full speed and then leaps into Nolan Patrick looking to strictly target the head with full force and maybe I'll agree with you.

Sympathy for Nolan Patrick, but if that was Keegan Kolesar on the receiving end last night I wouldn't even care. It'd be poetic justice.

I’m not comparing the hits and I’m in no way implying that Vegas hasn’t gotten away with a ton of shit that should have been disciplined all I’m saying is if it was an Avs player on the other end of the hit people would be losing their minds especially if like in this case it was another player with concussion history.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
im sorry reading game and watching with professinal traineed hockeyeye
makar only trying to makin point he no defenseplayer by any mean.
or good player. now must take eggs with fish and farthwalking out bad feelings. thank you

Welcome back chief. As usual I agree with everything you posted 100%. I agree with these specific parts of your post over 100% AINEC.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
What's amusing is Vegas actually made themselves temporarily worse with Eichel rusty and not having Stone, and they're probably gonna lose the division to Calgary. By the time Eichel gets up to speed and starts producing, it's gonna be too late. They're already down 3 points and Flames have games in hand.

Good management by Vegas!

Call me crazy but I don't think they're losing any sleep over potentially losing the division. If the playoffs started today, they would draw the Oilers as opposed to the Preds lol. They're playing some 4D chess.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Call me crazy but I don't think they're losing any sleep over potentially losing the division. If the playoffs started today, they would draw the Oilers as opposed to the Preds lol. They're playing some 4D chess.

Yeah I don't think they care about the division title. And really, it's not that big a deal in the long run. Tampa ceded the division to Florida the moment they put Kucherov on ice, obviously that didn't matter at all the moment they activated him for the playoffs.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah but then if they have to play the Flames in the 2nd round without home ice, don't think they can beat Calgary. Flames are solid with much better goaltending than Vegas

Reactions: Alienblood

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Another note of last night and one of the weirdest things I’ve seen, a group of Avalanche fans were sitting in the same section as I was. When Landeskog scored, I went to approach them and high five for celebrations and I also observed a guy with their group wearing a Red Wings jersey also celebrating with the group. I guess pigs do fly.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad