GDT: Avalanche @ Devils | December 1st, 5MT | Party like it's 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Wasn't able to get up and had switched the alarm off. I saw on the final highlights that Johnson fought Tootoo. When was this?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wasn't able to get up and had switched the alarm off. I saw on the final highlights that Johnson fought Tootoo. When was this?

Which part of the game you mean? Early second period.

Roy basically said the lines on the radio. He's putting Grigo with the two old guys he likes Mitchell with Soderberg. So I think that means Wagner has to stay at 4C.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Actually, the last shift he had was a positive one. He comes onto the ice at the 11:40 mark as NJ waited for both teams to make line changes. NJ takes the puck up the ice and dumps it into our DZ, which Redmond is the first too. He then cuts behind the net and pass the puck around the corner to the half wall starting a good transition while taking a big hit. He then immediately goes off the ice as the puck is moved into the NZ and OZ after just being on the ice for 20 seconds, while his partner stayed out. No way he got benched for that play. Not with the way Roy has talked about needing to make a play and take a hit, instead of getting rid of the puck like some scared little kid before the hit can be made. I'm thinking he got hurt by the hit.

That's at least the last time he is mentioned in the play by play that I could find.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20152016/PL020359.HTM

He was out there at the 17 minute mark.

It's funny looking at the play by play. I think he got "lost in the rotation". They didn't use Guenin at all either until EJs fight, then they used Beauch nearly the entire time EJ was gone with different partners. When EJ came back they must have liked it because they mixed it up a bit more and kept at least one of them on the ice the whole time almost. Beach played 30 minutes. EJ missed most of the second and he played over 23 minutes.

Redmond has been terrible. I don't care if he makes 3 pretty outlet passes to make up for it. He plays dumb and lazy a lot of the time. He holds on to the puck too long or he gives it away. He doesn't try to make plays with his teammates. If we were going to live with mistakes then give the time to someone who will be here next year like Zadorov at least.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

It's funny looking at the play by play. I think he got "lost in the rotation". They didn't use Guenin at all either until EJs fight, then they used Beauch nearly the entire time EJ was gone with different partners. When EJ came back they must have liked it because they mixed it up a bit more and kept at least one of them on the ice the whole time almost. Beach played 30 minutes. EJ missed most of the second and he played over 23 minutes.

Redmond has been terrible. I don't care if he makes 3 pretty outlet passes to make up for it. He plays dumb and lazy a lot of the time. He holds on to the puck too long or he gives it away. He doesn't try to make plays with his teammates. If we were going to live with mistakes then give the time to someone who will be here next year like Zadorov at least.

Spoutin' truthbombs up in here.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'

Hmmm injury it is then. I'm surprised that Roy used EJ and Beauch so much in the second of a b2b. No wonder they looked so gassed at the end of the game.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Hmmm injury it is then. I'm surprised that Roy used EJ and Beauch so much in the second of a b2b. No wonder they looked so gassed at the end of the game.

Actually I don't think so. I think EJ missing most of the period forced them to just use Guenin and left Redmond on the bench and then they just kept it that way.

That's why I asked last night, I never played hockey so I don't know, if you are just nicked up you still don't sit on the bench if you have no intention of playing, right?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think Redmond was injured... Roy and Farrish just didn't want to play him.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
You still sit on the bench if there is any chance you would be needed. Could have been something that hurt a ton and affected his play, but would not be made significantly worse by playing. So if one or two others go down hard, Redmond at 75% is better than rolling 3 D. Could also be a mental thing ... don't let the other team know you are short a guy.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
If the Avs could get their special teams back in order they would be looking really strong right now.

As it stands they're dropping below the middle of the pack in PK% (21st) and PP% (15th).

Like Aslan pointed out in the Jets GDT teams have figured out what we're trying to do on our PP and know where they need to disrupt puck movement to kill PP momentum and also get way too many shorthnanded opportunities since it's so easy for teams to get a 2 on 1 if they break up a pass high in the zone while we're on the PP (Avs have allowed 5 SHG, tied for most in the league w/Arizona and NJ).

Game against the Rangers should be interesting, a big goalie duel since Lundquist is pretty much THE reason the Rangers are where they are right now. Their PDO is ridiculous and Lundquist will pretty much ensure it stays as high as it is for a good bit of the season.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Thanks. So, yeah, that shift wasn't too good. Got stripped in the OZ. Had a stretch pass tipped and turnover over in the NZ. Chip up the boards in the DZ is turnover, though I would put that more on McLeod who made no attempt on the puck at all (going for an early hit and nothing else). You guys are using quite the hyperbole though. His mistakes haven't been that bad. With the way you guys talk about him one would think he is causing odd man rushes and glorious scoring chances every time he touches the puck. His mistakes have not been that bad though. They are not mistakes that have put teammates in bad situations. His mistakes just cause us to lose possession for the most part. Those are mistakes that can believe with.

And teach Zadorov it is ok to play a mistake filled game? The whole point of sending Zadorov down is so that he can develop into a better player, not because we couldn't live with his mistakes, which were a lot more damaging than just lost possession. We pretty much must have Zadorov develop into a legit 2way top4 Dman. We didn't bring him in just to be another 3rd pair Dman who plays a dumb risk filled style. The guy just has too much talent to settle for that level of player from him, and playing in the NHL obviously isn't helping him to fix his problems. Zadorov shouldn't even be given a thought until he shows that he is developing in this aspect of the game.

If we are calling someone up I sure hope it's Bigras. That's a guy who knows how to play a smart and relatively mistake free game. I wouldn't mind seeing Noreau either. I would like to see how he does at this level. Or even Siemens. I feel this is about his last chance to prove himself before he falls even further down the depth chart. I really don't want Zadorov coming back up until he really shows that his mind is catching up to his amazing physical traits and above average skill though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well true I'm not going to quibble with what they are doing with Zadorov now. He's playing at least half the game in SA and I do think it's good for him. Just if I'm forced to watch the same level of play from someone I'd rather it be him, mostly for selfish reasons I suppose. I do think he needs to come back eventually and get some NHL time but Z is good where he is for now.

Martinsen probably sits. Roy said he likes Mitchell with Soderberg so if that's the case they really can't dump Wagner. Which I hope not, he's been solid and I'd be pretty pissed.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
With Redmond, it hasn't been from time to time... it has been the last few (especially last 2) games where he has been god awful. The Redmond/Gormley pairing was a big, big part of the loss to the Islanders.

That's fine and to me at least, 2 games out of 7 IS from time-to-time. Sure their gap control was bad on the 4th goal against the Islanders and that Redmond turnover was horrible but it's still on par with how Guenin's played this season. Redmond's worse is essentially Guenin's normal level of play.

The idea isn't 'Redmond is awesome' the idea is 'Redmond isn't ideal but at least he's not Guenin'.

Redmond's 7 games with the Avs so far have been better than Guenin's 13...at least to me, no matter how badly he may have played in 1 or 2 games.

Neither is a great option but I'll take Redmond over Guenin.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Make Redmond run the gauntlet drill along the boards 5 or 6 times and then demote him to the Rampage.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They were both bad for more than 2 games out of the 7, Redmond was god awful for the last couple. I get not wanting Guenin in the lineup (I don't want him in there either), but Redmond is as bad as Guenin just in a different and more frustrating way. I think Gormley needed a night out, but he is the one I want in the lineup over Guenin... between Redmond and Guenin... I don't think it really matters both are pretty bad.

I think Noreau should get a shot over both Guenin and Redmond, we know what we have at the NHL level with those two... we don't know that yet with Noreau.

Make Redmond run the gauntlet drill along the boards 5 or 6 times and then demote him to the Rampage.

Agreed_o_94398.gif

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
They were both bad for more than 2 games out of the 7, Redmond was god awful for the last couple. I get not wanting Guenin in the lineup (I don't want him in there either), but Redmond is as bad as Guenin just in a different and more frustrating way. I think Gormley needed a night out, but he is the one I want in the lineup over Guenin... between Redmond and Guenin... I don't think it really matters both are pretty bad.

I think Noreau should get a shot over both Guenin and Redmond, we know what we have at the NHL level with those two... we don't know that yet with Noreau.

Agreed_o_94398.gif

I think Redmond is able to make a five foot pass, so he wins.

Agree with you on Noreau, I wish he'd get a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad