GDT: Avalanche @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Found this short little article/interview with Carl Gunnarsson. Seems to be a really well spoken, laid back guy. It's from Aftonbladet (link), a Swedish news site. My own translation. Sorry for bad grammar.

---------
Alex Steen is so hot that you probably could fry eggs on his forehead right now. He was good for two new assists when St Louis beat colorado tonight, and with that he has produced eighteen points in his last ten games.
--First it was the russian line, with Tarasenko at the head, that was hot. Now it's the one with Oshie, Backes and Alex that's leading us. They've been completely phenomenal, says Carl Gunnarsson when we speak to him after the night's battle.
--Alex's strengths? That he doesn't have any weaknesses. It feels like he can do it all. And he always work extremely hard. It's great to see a guy like that, someone who doesn't only get by on his skillset, have this kind of success. He's a great example for all of us with his attitude.

But Swedish goal production was something Gunnarsson himself had to provide this particular game. He whipped in his second goal of the season in the middle of the first period.
--Yeah, Alex looked a little tired today so i thought I'd unburden him a little bit. No, seriously, it doesn't happen that often, so it's pretty fun when I can get one.

The 28-year old defenseman, previously of the Toronto Maple Leafs, have now played more than half of a season with the Blues, and he's feeling more and more at home in the organisation.
--It has been kind of a weird season, with a few strange injuries, but I really like it here. It's a lot of fun playing on a good team like this. A little different than earlier, he says.
--The Leafs were here just a few days ago, and it was nice meeting them and having dinner with a few of them. They're good guys, but there's always a lot of craziness going on in Toronto. I enjoyed it when I was there, but honeslty, it's pretty nice now being on the outside looking in.
---------

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Found this short little article/interview with Carl Gunnarsson. Seems to be a really well spoken, laid back guy. It's from Aftonbladet (link), a Swedish news site. My own translation. Sorry for bad grammar.

---------
Alex Steen is so hot that you probably could fry eggs on his forehead right now. He was good for two new assists when St Louis beat colorado tonight, and with that he has produced eighteen points in his last ten games.
--First it was the russian line, with Tarasenko at the head, that was hot. Now it's the one with Oshie, Backes and Alex that's leading us. They've been completely phenomenal, says Carl Gunnarsson when we speak to him after the night's battle.
--Alex's strengths? That he doesn't have any weaknesses. It feels like he can do it all. And he always work extremely hard. It's great to see a guy like that, someone who doesn't only get by on his skillset, have this kind of success. He's a great example for all of us with his attitude.

But Swedish goal production was something Gunnarsson himself had to provide this particular game. He whipped in his second goal of the season in the middle of the first period.
--Yeah, Alex looked a little tired today so i thought I'd unburden him a little bit. No, seriously, it doesn't happen that often, so it's pretty fun when I can get one.

The 28-year old defenseman, previously of the Toronto Maple Leafs, have now played more than half of a season with the Blues, and he's feeling more and more at home in the organisation.
--It has been kind of a weird season, with a few strange injuries, but I really like it here. It's a lot of fun playing on a good team like this. A little different than earlier, he says.
--The Leafs were here just a few days ago, and it was nice meeting them and having dinner with a few of them. They're good guys, but there's always a lot of craziness going on in Toronto. I enjoyed it when I was there, but honeslty, it's pretty nice now being on the outside looking in.
---------

Insert "So Hot" from Zoolander here.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Didn't get a chance to post last night after I got back from the game but the Blues played great. There were a few defensive lapses in the 1st period but other than that they played a solid game all the way around.

Sucked seeing Tarasenko so snake bitten; especially on that great save from Varlamov. Everyone in the building thought was going in.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Didn't get a chance to post last night after I got back from the game but the Blues played great. There were a few defensive lapses in the 1st period but other than that they played a solid game all the way around.

Sucked seeing Tarasenko so snake bitten; especially on that great save from Varlamov. Everyone in the building thought was going in.

He seems really grounded and open to coaching. I'm sure the coaching staff is letting him know on a daily basis that if he just keeps doing what he's doing they will start going in and in bunches. I could see him potting 10-12 in the 16 games between now and the end of February if the ASB doesn't cool him off.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

---------

---------
I particularly enjoy the subtle ripping of Toronto.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
He seems really grounded and open to coaching. I'm sure the coaching staff is letting him know on a daily basis that if he just keeps doing what he's doing they will start going in and in bunches. I could see him potting 10-12 in the 16 games between now and the end of February if the ASB doesn't cool him off.

I actually think the ASB will have the opposite effect. Get him loose again and out of his own head a little. Would not be at all surprised if he goes on a tear out of the break and finds himself back in the Rocket Richard race.

TheSilverSkeeter

Sponsor
Oct 27, 2011
STL
I actually think the ASB will have the opposite effect. Get him loose again and out of his own head a little. Would not be at all surprised if he goes on a tear out of the break and finds himself back in the Rocket Richard race.

It could just be baseless optimism speaking, but I feel the same way. A little time to unwind might be just what he needs.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Absolutely agree. I think the ASB will give him a chance to step back and regroup. He can sort of start fresh after the break because I do think he's in his own head, as you stated.

Rizzo90

Nov 10, 2011
Had a great time at this game. We were right across from the blues tunnel/bench. Every chance i got I taunted Mckinnon (sp) every time it got quiet & he was in earshot. The taunts referred to Patrick Roy' statement about backes "hitting a kid" last year... "Hey Mckinnon!! did your mommy say it was okay to play with the big kids??"" or "isn't it past your bedtime??... He gave me a dirty look on the one where I asked if he got his mommy to sign his permission slip. I couldn't help it. I usually dont get to sit so close to the ice. Those sitting in 117 were laughing their butts off..... except for the teen aged girl with the Duchene jersey on. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad