GDT: Avalanche at Stars (Game 5): Do We Really Have To?

Who plays their final game for the Avalanche tonight?

• Andrew Cogliano

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • Ross Colton

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Jonathan Drouin

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Brandon Duhaime

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Joel Kiviranta

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Nikolai Kovalenko

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Artturi Lehkonen

• Casey Mittelstadt

• player not found

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Zach Parise

Votes: 63 69.2%
  • Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Yakov Trenin

Votes: 41 45.1%
  • Miles Wood

• Samuel Girard

• Jack Johnson

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Caleb Jones

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Josh Manson

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Sean Walker

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Alexandar Georgiev

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
the reffing has been fine.
It has been very OK by NHL standards. Which is still dogshit but they are managing to not trip over that ground-level bar. Not egregious like the dipshit inbred cowboy fans think.

Fk man, everyone here knows you run this board and we all must bow down to the King. Get off your high horse every now and again, ya?
I responded to your statement which said ‘Nate’s played 90 mins a game’. In fact he’s 41st in TOI a game.
I get called (by you) what was it “kid”? “Little kid” ? - I can assure you I’m at least a decade older than you, and have been around the game longer than you have.
At least Darougem2 (who I respect) had some decency to defend his point with facts. Which btw 24 hours after your “he plays 90
Mins a night” post you feel the need to respond “Just take the L
and move on”?
I’ve already responded to Darougem2 fact set. And I understand his points.

Of which you presented none, ‘All Hail the King”, not Cale.

Congrats. Your continued shitting on the team has chased away a true 8+ year fan. Peace out. Acct deleted. Carry on King! 👏👏👏

PS - I know it’s against your nature, but try and not to shit on the team.
Bro if that is all it takes, don't come back. You suck.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Fk man, everyone here knows you run this board and we all must bow down to the King. Get off your high horse every now and again, ya?
I responded to your statement which said ‘Nate’s played 90 mins a game’. In fact he’s 41st in TOI a game.
I get called (by you) what was it “kid”? “Little kid” ? - I can assure you I’m at least a decade older than you, and have been around the game longer than you have.
At least Darougem2 (who I respect) had some decency to defend his point with facts. Which btw 24 hours after your “he plays 90
Mins a night” post you feel the need to respond “Just take the L
and move on”?
I’ve already responded to Darougem2 fact set. And I understand his points.

Of which you presented none, ‘All Hail the King”, not Cale.

Congrats. Your continued shitting on the team has chased away a true 8+ year fan. Peace out. Acct deleted. Carry on King! 👏👏👏

PS - I know it’s against your nature, but try and not to shit on the team.

Imagine being THIS weak. Jesus...

Congrats Kingslayer. You legitimately broke a human being in two or three posts. Crazy.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Congrats Kingslayer. You legitimately broke a human being in two or three posts. Crazy.
Of all the things I have said on here lol it was me saying Mackinnon plays alot that got someone triggered.

It has been very OK by NHL standards. Which is still dogshit but they are managing to not trip over that ground-level bar. Not egregious like the dipshit inbred cowboy fans think.

Bro if that is all it takes, don't come back. You suck.
By NHL standards its been fine indeed. I havent had issues in this series or the Jets series with the refs. Across the board its been ok.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Thought this was HFAvs not Reddit. Why are we getting grandstanding declarations about leaving now?

Imagine telling on yourself so hard. Props Kingslayer for what must be a record for fewest posts leading to someone having an epic meltdown

Never thought I would see the day a conversation goes:
-Mack plays a lot
- No he doesn’t
- What are you talking about? Yes he does

IMG_6560.jpeg

Last edited:

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I appreciate the compliment :wg:

I bet this is how the refs justify it, but I hate this reasoning. It's "the ends justify the means" bullshit, sorry to say. Yes, Rantanen should have been called for cross-checking, but then there would have been about 45 crosschecking penalties in the game. The problem is they have set such a garbage standard for what counts as a call that the players think they can get away with nearly everything. And they're right, until suddenly they're not, based entirely on the whims of the referee. You can watch nearly any shift and see several missed penalties, especially interference, but also almost every interaction in front of the net.

So in an ideal world, I'd like to see them actually call something remotely related to the rule book. But since I know that I'm not going to get that, I can at least ask that they stick to their own standards. Things like 4 minutes for blood on a high stick, or not calling cross checking when a player skates into an already extended stick. People are pointing out the MacK pick and Manson's cross-checks, but those are rarely called even in the regular season unless the guy falls down. As I said, interference apparently isn't a penalty except in rare circumstances, and cross-checking is legal in front of the net. Batshit crazy, but that's playoff officiating.
I don’t disagree with a lot of this post but reffing has never been any different, and will never, ever, eeevvvvverrrr be any different. It’s exhausting reading complaints that literally take up pages upon pages on a forum where you just wanna go to discuss hockey. Your post makes total sense, can be engaged with and is a completely rational talking point. Unfortunately over 90% of reffing comments are not that. It is a crutch fans lean on because they are bitter about score or outcome while being completely oblivious to missed calls that also go the other way. How often do we get multiple pages of complaining about mackinnon running interference or Rantanen diving. We don’t and that’s because it benefits our team. If everything were called there’d likely be pages of everyone pissing about how there’s no flow, or that the refs want the spotlight or some damn thing.

Last edited:

James G

Jan 1, 2018
Thought this was HFAvs not Reddit. Why are we getting grandstanding declarations about leaving now?

Imagine telling on yourself so hard. Props Kingslayer for what must be a record for fewest posts leading to someone having an epic meltdown

Never thought I would see the day a conversation goes:
-Mack plays a lot
- No he doesn’t
- What are you talking about? Yes he does

View attachment 872094

Fk. So I was heated. Indeed. I did not like being called “a kid” , nor “take the L” after Darougem2 and I discussed it, and both had valid points - but he did educate me on the yearly totals.
I still think those King comments are offside.
I’m not here for drama. Nor do I like being bullied for factual comments.
And as a point of fact - your above sequence is in no way shape or form an issue to me (although I disagree with the presentation). Being called a “kid” and “take the L” is childish.
You all can decide what kind of board you want.

Totally epic 🙄

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Gutsy effort in this one. Think Nate still has a lot more to give, but I'm proud of this team for that win, and Nate for scoring a big goal late, and then having the right attitude after the game.

They stuck with it, and didn't panic, even going down a goal again in a pressure cooker with their season on the line. Thought Parise played a good game too. And obviously Cale, the ultimate competitor, played his best game of the series when they needed it the most.

Speaking of competitors, I hope everyone saw this incredible block and clear by Lehky on that last PK. Dallas scores here and they can still tie it with the goalie pulled in the final minute. What an amazing player.

giphy.gif

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Fk. So I was heated. Indeed. I did not like being called “a kid” , nor “take the L” after Darougem2 and I discussed it, and both had valid points - but he did educate me on the yearly totals.
I still think those King comments are offside.
I’m not here for drama. Nor do I like being bullied for factual comments.
And as a point of fact - your above sequence is in no way shape or form an issue to me (although I disagree with the presentation). Being called a “kid” and “take the L” is childish.
You all can decide what kind of board you want.

Totally epic 🙄

Just ignore them. Youll learn there are several people here who overtly share their pessimissm out of neediness. But there are a lot of people who make quality comments.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Just take the L and move on. Mackinnon plays a ton of hockey and hes tired right now. It makes sense. No narrative here just facts that the man plays alot.
Exactly. Bednar knew he was playing his top players too much. We need to try to change that during regular season. Aim is to win the Stanley cup, not regular season Cup.

Gutsy effort in this one. Think Nate still has a lot more to give, but I'm proud of this team for that win, and Nate for scoring a big goal late, and then having the right attitude after the game.

They stuck with it, and didn't panic, even going down a goal again in a pressure cooker with their season on the line. Thought Parise played a good game too. And obviously Cale, the ultimate competitor, played his best game of the series when they needed it the most.

Speaking of competitors, I hope everyone saw this incredible block and clear by Lehky on that last PK. Dallas scores here and they can still tie it with the goalie pulled in the final minute. What an amazing player.

giphy.gif

This is similar to goaltender making a game saver. We were completely screwed and Lehky makes this play. Breathtaking moment really. Genius.

I blame Mikko for taking an idiotic penalty. Gave Dallas opportunity to comeback.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

giphy.gif
I’m really hoping scoring a big goal like that can get Nate going. He’s been okay so far, but we haven’t seen him takeover a single game this postseason and maybe that will be what kick starts him.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

giphy.gif
I fist pumped so hard at that play. He made it look so smooth too. What a big game player

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

giphy.gif

I don't even have to mention what @RoyIsALegend and I would have done to that ass after that play from Lehky.

rvKQ4b.gif

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Charmin soft stuff but @The Kingslayer does have overlying powers to derail another persons life. Look what he's done to Tage Thompson's career. He seemed to be poised to enter the conversation of being a top 10 center in the game.... and then he was drafted to Kings fantasy squad and that's all she wrote.

After the Nuke news, I think trading Lehky is definitely not on the table. No way in hell.

Yeah no f*** that. We need to find a way to keep both Lehky and Drouin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad