GDT: Avalanche at Stars (Game 5): Do We Really Have To?

Who plays their final game for the Avalanche tonight?

• Andrew Cogliano

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • Ross Colton

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Jonathan Drouin

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Brandon Duhaime

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Joel Kiviranta

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Nikolai Kovalenko

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Artturi Lehkonen

• Casey Mittelstadt

• player not found

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Zach Parise

Votes: 63 69.2%
  • Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Yakov Trenin

Votes: 41 45.1%
  • Miles Wood

• Samuel Girard

• Jack Johnson

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Caleb Jones

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Josh Manson

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Sean Walker

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Alexandar Georgiev

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Overall the Avs played very well, Dallas only controlled play for a couple minutes. That said, I f***ing hate how every single chance somehow ends up in the back of our net. Bad turnover turn into a puck bouncing off of Mitts and into the net.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
When this ends tonight can we please send Moose to the moon and replace Bednar? He’s a great coach even though PDB has his number but sometimes it’s just time for both sides to move on and bring in a fresh voice
They need a coach who can reign in these "superstars" that aren't willing to play winning hockey.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I've been frustrated with him the last few games. Hasn't been able to hit the net or make a pass, but to be fair to him, nobody has been able to either.

I think I'll replace my Nuke jersey with a Lehky one

You still have a Nichushkin jersey?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
That lackadaisical turnover by Manson still pisses me off. Did he not know the Dallas player was behind him? He was great in the Peg series, but this series he's been Ass++. I wonder if he got hurt again?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
At least they actually did it, though if you watched the first period they probably should have scored 3 goals. Oettinger made two fantastic saves to keep the Avs off the board prior to this goal.
Yea I turned it on just in time for Lehky's goal.

I didn't want to watch at all TBH. My spirit as a fan is at an all time low.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Avs bottom six is working hard tonight, no question about their effort for sure.

MacKinnon and Rantanen still have to get going here, but at least MacKinnon got the assist so maybe he starts to up the intensity? I mean I doubt it given how he's looked this entire playoffs but it's what has to happen.

Cale Makar came to play tonight so at least there's one of our stars trying to will this team to victory.

Gotta limit Manson's minutes. He's having one of those nights where the puck just ends up on Dallas Stars sticks anytime he has it.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Comparing Makar to Barry Sanders makes so much sense both as people and athletes, surprised I’ve made the connection before

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
MacK better put his shoulder into Tanev and Heskainen face a lot more the rest of this game. Don't worry about whether or not they have the puck.

Reactions: katfude

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Honestly thought we played pretty well and were the better team. Dallas literally had one good chance and they scored. Hopefully they keep it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad