GDT: Avalanche at Stars (Game 5): Do We Really Have To?

Who plays their final game for the Avalanche tonight?

• Andrew Cogliano

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • Ross Colton

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Jonathan Drouin

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Brandon Duhaime

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Joel Kiviranta

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Nikolai Kovalenko

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Artturi Lehkonen

• Casey Mittelstadt

• player not found

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Zach Parise

Votes: 63 69.2%
  • Mikko Rantanen

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Yakov Trenin

Votes: 41 45.1%
  • Miles Wood

• Samuel Girard

• Jack Johnson

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Caleb Jones

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Josh Manson

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Sean Walker

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Alexandar Georgiev

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
I get teams losing in the playoffs because they got outplayed, or goalie'd, or bounces didn't go their way, etc.

The Avs are the first team I have seen in a long, long time that I feel has completely given up and quit on a series. You can see it in real time. I cannot remember any series where a team quit.
And the guys left over from the Cup winning squad better understand that they're forever tarnishing their reputations by this gutless performance against Dallas. Cup winners or not, you allow yourselves to get b****-slapped around like they have (and in the Vegas series), that's their REAL legacy as playoff performers; NOT a single perfect post-season where everything rolled their way for once.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Revenge time boys & girls. Time to show that resilience AVS embrace ! I see nothing but a win tonight. We have way too many good players. Stay on board guys. Cups ours.

Sadly its over and this one could be a blood bath. Hopefully Mackinnon and Makar go down swinging but this has Game 6 in Vegas written all over it.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I get teams losing in the playoffs because they got outplayed, or goalie'd, or bounces didn't go their way, etc.

The Avs are the first team I have seen in a long, long time that I feel has completely given up and quit on a series. You can see it in real time. I cannot remember any series where a team quit.
Honestly, this feels like the Vegas series Game 3-6. I think you called it after Game 3 that the series was over. I had that sense in this series after Game 2 when nobody did anything to Benn after he killed Toews.

so what great pregame news will drop on us tonight? Who is out
Watch it be Georgiev or Girard lol the two guys that have actually played well this series because ofcourse.

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
Revenge time boys & girls. Time to show that resilience AVS embrace ! I see nothing but a win tonight. We have way too many good players. Stay on board guys. Cups ours.

Target their planet.
commenceprimaryignition.gif
DSlaser.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mitchgou

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Im watching because its the last game of the season. Alot of guys are also likely playing their last game as an Av like Cogliano.
I'm not watching until they win a game, I don't care that it might be the last game of the season or that I have to wait for the fourth regular season game next year, the Avs have to win me back. The only thing that brings me back before that is Landy.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I turned off Game 4 after the first period for the first time in my life. I'll probably stick this one out to the bitter end though. I'm surprisingly optimistic for this one though.

Reactions: dahrougem2

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I don't know why I'm doing this to myself, but I'll watch this trainwreck of a 2nd round come to fruition. Got some rum and coke out of a 2022 champion glass.

I'm ready for disappointment.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Tom155

Jul 6, 2013
we see any fight from our guys tonight you think? or they just roll over like last game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad