Avalanche are on pace to finish with less points than the 13-14, 14-15 Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The best players on those Sabres teams were probably Tyler Ennis and Tyler Myers.

This Avs team has Duchene, Mackinnon, Landeskog.

2013-14 Sabres finished with 52 points.
2014-15 Sabres finished with 54 points.
2016-17 Avalanche on pace for 48 points.

That's just...wow.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
From games I've seen their top guys have dominant shifts but can't score

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
How bout those sabres doe?

60 points, four back of the bruins who are 6th in east and three back of Toronto, the team who's rebuild is just so far ahead of buffalos.

I'll never have understand why Doug McLean said yesterday that Ottawa losing to buffalo a team with nothing to lose was horrible for them.

Look Ottawa looking good tonight, 30 wins and oh look at the sabres not so meaningless anymore.

But yes this is about the avalanche.

They are like the new oilers a bunch of skilled forwards and no structure.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Honestly, whocares dude? You're like the two-thousandth poster commenting to the NHL that we suck.

Were you kidnapped or lived on Venus the last four months? Pretty much everyone knows by now.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

60 points, four back of the bruins who are 6th in east and three back of Toronto, the team who's rebuild is just so far ahead of buffalos.

I'll never have understand why Doug McLean said yesterday that Ottawa losing to buffalo a team with nothing to lose was horrible for them.

Look Ottawa looking good tonight, 30 wins and oh look at the sabres not so meaningless anymore.

I love the benchmarks used here to make Buffalo look better.

"4 behind Boston who is 6th in the conference"....Boston is clinging to 9th in points percentage in the conference. It's not overly impressive to be 4 points behind a team that is barely even 9th right now.

"3 back of Toronto"...Toronto has 2 games in hand so is more like 5 points ahead at minimum which is notable.

Let's tell it how it is. Buffalo is 13th in points percentage in the conference. The bye week convolutes the standings too much.

I genuinely feel bad for the Avs now. But they have potential and another top 3 pick coming.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY

Don't make Sabres fans look bad bro, we're not very good

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
As annoying as Avs fans were during the Mackinnon rookie of the year era. I still can't help but feel bad for them. Reminds me of the Eakins Oilers in a lot of ways

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh

I'll delete my account if the Sabres make the playoffs this year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I just don't get it. They have so, so, so much more talent than the tank era Sabres did. There's no excuse for them being that bad.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The roster has serious flaws, a lot of the avs non-core players are naturally lazy and need the right type of push...which Roy was great...then the player's coach who everyone in the lockerroom loved and respected quit on the team right before the season because he didn't think they could win. With him being replaced by a very tough rookie NHL HC, who had little time to prepare his team for this season.

This coach ran into problems early with players like Colborne, Soderberg & Grigorenko, but things were alright until EJ went down & Varly's groin started exploding...despite being seriously snakebitten around the goal...after that what confidence the team had was shattered. Everyone just looks frustrated & defeated most of the time and there's too many guys who suck too hard and/or have just mailed it in...which is why waiver wire pick ups like Nieto & Barberio are outshining all but the core players, who haven't been around for long enough to have all of the fight beaten out of them yet. And then there's the trade rumors that have Duchene looking like someone is strangling the life out of his puppy right behind the camera, in every interview.

They looked better coming out of the bye week, even some of the old guys hoping to get traded at the deadline seemed to come to life; they even won back to back games for the first time in ages...but when the losses started rolling again, they broke again; and are now on a 5 game losing streak.

I just don't get it. They have so, so, so much more talent than the tank era Sabres did. There's no excuse for them being that bad.

Look at our lineup with EJ injured & Barrie missing time and tell me where you see all of this talent. We have 4 really good forwards, Zadorov, sometimes Barrie, and two waiver pickups...one of whom might end up getting protected in the expansion draft (Nieto).

defense sucks

lots of lazy bums on the team as well

That does cover a lot of it a lot more succinctly than my paragraphs above did. :laugh:

Add key injuries, bad puck luck, a tricky coaching coach; and there are your ingredients for the 2016-2017 avalanche.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

We were a bubble team too last year. Ask us how far riding that hamster wheel of delusion got us.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
5402fc7a8d9be05144984b3cba7a840f6d747fba5ab57c47896aebb54107bc28.jpg

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa

Don't spin the media narrative like it's impossible to be more optimistic about the Leafs than Sabres when this summer the Sabres were supposed to be at least year further along than the Leafs

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
The Avs were far worse than the Sabres intentional tanking teams. I don't think I've ever seen worse hockey. The goalie played great, should of had 5-6 goals.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Avs are bad, wow I wouldn't have known if this thread wasn't made. Thank you!

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
They are also on pace to have the worst regular season record since the expansion Atlanta Thrashers.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Don't spin the media narrative like it's impossible to be more optimistic about the Leafs than Sabres when this summer the Sabres were supposed to be at least year further along than the Leafs

And you realize we most likely would be much better if we had our franchise player for the first 21 games.

Toronto starts without Matthews for 21 games and there not where they are.

And it was more then just jack. Kane misses the first dozen games and OReilly about the same too.

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa
And you realize we most likely would be much better if we had our franchise player for the first 21 games.

Toronto starts without Matthews for 21 games and there not where they are.

And it was more then just jack. Kane misses the first dozen games and OReilly about the same too.

What does that change?? Do you think the Sabres are still a year further along than the Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad