Authentic vs. Replica Jerseys

OhNoItsComeau57

Sep 15, 2006
New Orleans
Finally going to pull the trigger on a Tavares jersey but not sure if I should go replica or authentic. I've never had authentic before and wanted to know from any owners what the benefits/pluses are. Is it worth the extra cash? I know it has the fight strap but don't know much else. Never noticed any visual differences so have always stuck with replica.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Now even the fakes have the fight straps but they are made out of like a cardboard material . The colors are different the weight of the jersey is heavier on the real one because it's all double stitched. You want something that will last 20+years go authentic they are the best, Have 4 authentic NHL and 6 NFL and 1 of those NFL jerseys were but in 1990 (Emmitt Smith 22) and i still have it and can still wear it and thats 22+ years old with tons of wear and tear.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I usually try to buy authentic, but replicas fit better...well, let me explain. When I buy a replica..I usually buy to wear out in public on an average day or even to work...it fits like a loose sweater. When I buy authentic..I buy it to wear to games and to wear when I am on the ice...so I look like a dwarf when I wear it with no gear.

I miss the old CCM jerseys from the 80's/90's They were the best..the new ones from reebok and nike look fake ..IMO.

puckstopper55

Feb 10, 2003
Visit site
My first authentic was the fishermen jersey. At the time I didnt care for much else except for the fighting strap and that I wanted the "waves" around the bottom of the jersey to line up. None of the replicas did and it looked like crap.

Once you wear an authentic jersey you will not want to wear a replica again. The quality of the material, the weight (keeps you warm at the games) and the durability is far above the replica

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad