GDT: Austria vs USA - 11am PT/ 2pm ET / 8pm CEST- Aug 13th, 2022

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Didn’t see one up so thought I’d go ahead.
420AD068-E308-46EC-A694-9668B25AB542.gif

Edit:

Thank you to @William H Bonney for the USA Lineup info & to the Moderator who stickied & made the GDT Live.
Stramel in. Peart back in. McKown out. Oke in goal.

Last edited:

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I watched a part of Sweden - Austria game. Austria looked awful, with only their goalie being a single exception. They were slow, weak, unorganized. The US are probably the best skating team in the tournament. This is going to be a massacre.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
That second goal was actually on #20 Lackner not that matters much. Tialler could have stayed more zonal as following Knies to the corner doesn't make much sense.. no threat there. In the end , the US movement will just be too much for this team.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
How is Ian Scherzer looking?
The kid can play. It’s just hard to judge when you’re that outmanned.

Don’t know if he’ll start the season with Rogle’s SHL team or their under 20s but with such a young, exciting team, I’ll guess he gets at least half a season in the SHL. That team has a lot of high end prospects on it with Clang, Wallinder, Kasper, 4-5 2002 birth year players, and Niederbach is moving over from Frölunda too.

I’ve only watched him play 3-4 times now but on the surface he looks good. Let’s see how he does this year. Every chance he ends up in the 1st Round. The skill seems to be there. He certainly doesn’t quit either. Just hard to judge a lot when games are that lopsided. Same reason I don’t want to pile on Knies right now. There’s a lot of players in hockey, for whatever reason, who play up and down to their competition. We’ll see tomorrow night if Knies can change the conversation about himself, but yea, on the surface, Scherzer looks pretty promising.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad