Tennis: Australian Open 2017

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
As far as 5 set matches go that's about as one sided as you'll see. Even up a break you could tell Nadal was unlikely to win. He couldn't do anything in that 5th set.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I'm legit shocked that Federer finally beat his demon after all these years. I'm so happy for him! :cry: :D

Seriously I really didn't think he could do it, but he did! Congrats Federer. :yo:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I like Rafa but you can't be mad at this, just an awesome performance and legendary status. Roger is a feel good story, and Nadal as well. Let's hope both of them keep giving us good tennis this year.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Epic match, Federer comes out on top when on the brink of collapsing.

The argument is over, he is the undisputed Greatest Of All Time.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Where does Roger move up in the rankings after this?

Probably not too much. he was defending semifinal points. It'll be tough for Federer to make huge gains in his ranking until after Wimbledon unless he starts putting forth results on clay that he hasn't produced in years.

Edit: A very quick glance tells me he will probably be 10th which is more than I expected. Nadal will move to 6th.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Probably not too much. he was defending semifinal points. It'll be tough for Federer to make huge gains in his ranking until after Wimbledon unless he starts putting forth results on clay that he hasn't produced in years.

Edit: A very quick glance tells me he will probably be 10th which is more than I expected. Nadal will move to 6th.

Just did some more math and it will actually be 9th. Goffin will not have earned enough points to remain ahead of him. In case anybody was wondering Raonic will drop from 3rd to 4th, just ever so slightly ahead of Nishikori while Wawrinka will move from 4th to 3rd.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5