Auston Matthews vs Leon Draisaitl vs Mitch Marner

• Matthews

• Draisaitl

• Marner

Results are only viewable after voting.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Who's the most long-term valuable player in this threesome? Don't consider their contracts.

The answer is easy for me but I am confused by others opinions when these players get compared to each other, so let's enumerate them...

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
If it's not contracts, Matthews, even though I love Drai and Marner as well.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Marner because this answer will likely upset both fanbases the most.

Upsetting both Oil AND Leafs fans in a single click of a button.

b22fffbe5ff805b0e1e72e6c52ad17c8.jpg

Reactions: NyQuil

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I personally like Marner better, flat out fun to watch but if I had to pick a player I want to say Matthews but I would prob end up picking Tacos

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Gotta go Matthews here... I honestly couldn't tell you off the top of my head who I'd prefer over Draisaitl or Marner, they both almost exclusively played with elite centers this season. I would probably sway towards Marner right now, but I'm sure I could be convinced either way.

And yeah I agree with FD. It's a poll for 'who is the best player' because they're close comparibles and you're analyzing the player, context of teammates/production/defensive game and a combination of other factors. Preferring a player because they're on a better contract is just negating the discussion of who is the better player on ice.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Not including contract: Matthews

Including contract: Draisaitl

I don't think so. You pay top $$ for the top players. They're still the better option. $$ isn't everything.

I wouldn't pick MacKinnon over McDavid anymore than I would pick Drai over Matthews for contract long-term.

I vote Matthews.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm taking the 6'3" two-way center who also happens to be an elite goal scorer and can produce with just about anyone on his wings.
Matthews isn't very good at the defensive aspect of the two-way game though. A lot of work left to establish himself as one.

If he can do that and put up 50-40-90 seasons (about where he'll likely top out production wise), Leafs fans should be thrilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad