Auston Matthews Vs Jack Eichel Better player in the Future/Highest ceiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Toronto and Buffalo two rival teams both loaded with Young interesting players for the future and hopefully many hard battles to come,but if you take the teams expected best forwards Auston Matthews and Jack Eichel which one of the two has the highest ceiling/potential and talent as you see it and who is going to be the best player in the future?

And i would love to hear you very competent people on this board compare two other players in NHL history that reminds you of Auston Matthews and Jack Eichel to better understand these two young players ceilings as you se it many thanks.

Last edited:

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Well I'd like to first say that these are both great players with great futures ahead of them. I'm happy that they are going to further show what American players are capable of.

That being said, I give the slight edge to Matthews if they both live up to their potential.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I honestly think both have the same ceiling of being absolute legends. People forget that Jack is a PPG player for a team that is among the worst offensive teams ever and where he was practically the only serious scoring threat.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Eichel has a higher ceiling but he's not better right now, let's see how good he gets when he has a real team around him. both will need to stay healthy. We haven't really seen that yet

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
It is an academic question with little value. I'd take either. Will be interesting how they look in 5 years

Reactions: dukeofjive

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Eichel hasn’t even hit 65 points or 30 goals yet...

HFboards Matthews troll, Eichel edition.

Ceiling wise they’d be close, if you think about just looking at their toolboxes, they’re two of the most physically gifted players you can get at the center position. They are super athletic, super skilled, super agile centres, in terms of package they’re not missing a single thing.

I think what separates them now in favour of Matthews is that I think Matthews has the edge in hockey iq and can just fit better with anyone you put him with. There is not a single scenario or player that I don’t think Matthews fits with, he’s an elite Swiss Army knife. I don’t see that from eichel yet.

The other thing is Matthews killer instinct at this moment is further than eichels imho. This is probably due to his goal scoring ability.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews has a much better GPG and PPG than Eichel thus far in their careers. Also far better 2-way play too. Not too hard to figure out Matthews is the better player.

Matthews has actually been the best ES goal scorer since coming into the league. Eichel's got zero claim to fame whatsoever as it stands right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad