Rumor: Auston Matthews has tested positive for COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Crosby had been to two finals and won one Cup by the time he was Auston's age.

The kid's head just isn't in it. He wants to have fun. Not win.

Which is fine. But Leaf fans need to understand that being a champion, at least in Toronto, is not a priority for Matthews.

Its not really a priority for any of our young stars. They're here to make money and that is it.

Seriously dude, show yourself to the door and go back to your own team's forum.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Simmons may be a jerk, but I'm curious how our interests as fans have been harmed?

The current management talked about how creating a safe environment was a key factor in attracting talent to the Toronto Maple Leafs during the early days of the rebuild. So when you have a tabloid journalist violating the privacy of Maple Leafs players, you could be creating a situation where guys won't want to come here or want to stay here. Which hurts us as fans.

Team First

Jul 18, 2010
But who are the sources? Says who? That’s the point. Unless he has tangible proof. Ie copies of records (which would be a problem).
Who is “verifying the story”. Outside of him and his doctor......

It’s hearsay. Investigative journalism requires evidence for serious matters like personal health It’s not “I’m hearing the leafs want to move marincin.”

simmons “sources” last time were highschool kids.

Fired Leafs GM Brian Burke to Sun columnist Steve Simmons: “The best part, Steve, is that I probably don’t ever have to talk to you again.”

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
As someone else said
After appearing in 2 playoff games as an 18 year old rookie, Canadian hockey legend and Hall of Famer Jarome Iginla didn’t see playoff action until 8 years later as a 26 year old. Kind of a reminder to us Leaf fans to be patient with our younger stars

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Crosby took a discount on his first big payday because his priority was winning.

43.5/5 (as a 19 year old) = 8.7/yr
Cap in 12-13 = 70.2

8.7/70.2 = 12.4%

Matthews
58.17/5 = 11.634/year
Cap in 19-20 = 81.5

11.634/81.5 = 14.27%

Crosby practically took a hometown discount to stay ...

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
43.5/5 (as a 19 year old) = 8.7/yr
Cap in 12-13 = 70.2

8.7/70.2 = 12.4%

Matthews
58.17/5 = 11.634/year
Cap in 19-20 = 81.5

11.634/81.5 = 14.27%

Crosby practically took a hometown discount to stay ...
Except Crosby signed his contract in July 2007, not 2012...

Matthews' Cap Hit percentage will look lower once the cap goes up in 5 years too, at least make an honest comparison.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It's a very strange time. We realized just how selfish and cruel people really are. Like i almost feel bad for feeling bad about losing my dad, when i look at my friend.

His father and my father both worked as airport limo drivers at Pearson, picking up passengers who just came from international flights. So my dads friend (who was about 50 years old) picked up a passenger drove him home (about an hour) this was early-mid March. When he arrived at his destination the passenger told him "I'm sorry i had no other way to get home but i have Covid, so please be safe and careful and go isolate". Naturally he freaked out and stopped going to work, within the week his entire house hold got sick. Within 2 weeks my fathers friend passed away from covid, both of his parents who were in their 70s passed away from covid, his wife was still in ICU (she recovered). My friend lost both his grand parents and dad, and it's just him and his mother left. All because some asshole who knew he was sick used his dads taxi to get home.

It's a very frightening time and when you hear about shit like that it makes it even worse. It's scary enough what the virus is doing, secondly the testing is not 100% accurate, third of all people who KNOW they are sick are still going out into public.
People just don't care in these times, and it's impacting others negatively. Hope you pull through man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad