Player Discussion Auston Matthews Discussion

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
Sounds like he battled through the flu.

Outside that key turnover, he looked really good and was battling and physical throughout in game 3.

No issue with his game through 3 games.

Reactions: Jojalu and Vinh

Vinh

Not surprised to hear about the illness. He had noticeably less jump than in the first two games and seemed to be taking shorter shifts early on. Really laboring out there. Not his best game, but he still finished his hits and had some dangerous looks.

Here's hoping that extra day of rest gets him back to 100%.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Hopefully these guys know how to protect themselves during the playoffs (flu shots, masks when close to strangers, hand-washing, no sharing cell phones and i-Pads, no handshaking, etc.) . Personally I doubt if they are careful at all. When they are getting paid multi-millions, their employer wants them to be careful. So do fans who want to see them in the lineup..

Sep 18, 2009
Hopefully these guys know how to protect themselves during the playoffs (flu shots, masks when close to strangers, hand-washing, no sharing cell phones and i-Pads, no handshaking, etc.) . Personally I doubt if they are careful at all. When they are getting paid multi-millions, their employer wants them to be careful. So do fans who want to see them in the lineup..
wow

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

This, I saw some crazy shit last year, Vegas’s entire team was drinking champagne out of the same cup. Don’t they know how dangerous that is?

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
lol

really?

still?

This, I saw some crazy shit last year, Vegas’s entire team was drinking champagne out of the same cup. Don’t they know how dangerous that is?
the danger can't be described in words.

they need to put a huge red DANGER sign on the cup

how about every single player that spits when on the bench and out on the ice... DANGER! it's really dangerous. Or every boxer or wrestler or MMA dude that sweats all over their opponents.. don't they know how dangerous that is?

honestly.. where are you guys coming from.. I can't believe it lol

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
NHLPA wouldn’t allow it.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
I'm talking about what they should be doing AWAY FROM THE RINK, not at the rink. Who is going to wear a mask at the rink, get their flu shots on the ice or wash their hands at the rink, lol? When I guess that "I doubt if they are careful at all" I'm referring to doubts about what we can't see on TV or from the stands. ie. at home, in the bar, parties, etc. Sorry, but I guess I should have made that more clear. Surely they can adjust their lifestyle a bit for a few weeks during playoffs when it's most important, so they don't bring their sickness into the workplace. Try to keep the workplace a healthy place when the stakes are high. If they happen to win the Cup they can share all the sips they want because by then they are only going to miss the parade if they get sick.
;)

Last edited:

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
I remember when I got raked over the coals a year or two ago for comparing his playoff points per game to players who make similar money (McD, Drai, Mac, Pasta, etc.).

Guys just a big a choker as Marner. Ain't no team gunna win in the playoffs with him at that cap hit
All 4 of the core are among the highest paid NHLers.

In the playoffs they perform like a 40-60th best player and it's not even a disappearing act for a series or two, they are 0/8 in having a truly dominant series like a McDavid/Drai/Mack/Ovie/Crosby/Kuch etc.

They all need to be put on the market, they obviously will not get it done.

Reactions: JKG33

TonsofPuppies

Send in the clowns...
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
5e8f44f901553 copy.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad