Auston Matthews 69 goals in 81 games, most goals scored since Lemieux in 1995-96

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
Not that poster but I don't want players reaching historic marks against the bolts.

Also, this was Nikita's night, AM should have got done against the Cats, his fault.

Also Also:
image (1).png

Last edited:

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Lmao 12 shots. For all the "were focused on winning" he badly wanted this.

Dude, what was that from Toronto? It seemed like they could have tried harder to get him the goal.

Players finishing when he's open. Scoring on a delayed penalty lol wtf
He took 12 shots. It was literally all they cared about. What are you saying they should have found a way for 20 shots?

Reactions: authentic

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Hell of a season. While I do think we're in a new age of players who can score seemingly at will, Matthews at the age of 26 has not disqualified himself from eventually holding the title of greatest goal scorer ever. The more I've seen him play, the more I believe he can keep himself in that conversation for a long time.

Reactions: authentic

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Second most impressive goalscoring season I've seen as an adult. Ovies 65 in a lower scoring league (comes out to 74 at todays scoring rate) is the most impressive. There are ones I saw as a kid but I cant compare as those are laden with nostalgia. 69 goals is a massive feat and 1 goal doesnt really change that.

Not sure it was a great look they spent the entire last 2 games focused on that and not resting or playing good hockey going into the playoffs though. Kind of feeds the narrative that their priorities arent where they should be.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
McDavid 64 was more impressive imo because he was doing it all last year and had the assists to prove as well.

He basically said this year I can score these goals myself or give them all to Hyman. Matthews doesn't have that range to be a threat passing and shooting.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I’m no leafs fan, but the hockey fan in me wanted to see a 70 goal scorer in the NHL no matter whois gonna do it. Similar to me wanting to see somebody hit 100 assists. Extremely unfortunate he misses it by one.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That's gotta be a little disappointing not hitting that nice round number. Probably how Mario Lemieux felt ending at 199 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad