AUS Rosters

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Just looking at the AUS site ( obviously have too much time on my hands ) and decided to parse the rosters. I will break it down by how many players are "listed" on the roster, how many have been "used" and any other info I may have. When I say "available" I mean that they have not played and could be added to the 22 man roster. I would like others to chime in if they have any useful info to add.

ACA - 23 players, used 21. Girman and Macintyre available but I think Girman will not play at all due to long term injury symptoms. Did not play last night: Buonomo, Beaton, Makin.

DAL - 25 players, used 22. Did not play last night: Herrett, Daley, Joyce, Roski.

UdeM - 21 players, used 20. Belliveau is available. Did not play last night: Charland and 1 other as UdeM has 19 skaters listed on the game sheet for last night.

SMU - 21 players, used 21. None available but 1 spot open. Deighan is no longer with the team so the usable roster is 20. Did not play last night: Greene, D'Orazio.

STU - 23 players, used 22. Did not play last night: Thomas, Froats, Zandbeek, Trott.

SFX - 23 players, used 21. Taylor, Claffey are available. Did not play last night: Chisholm, Fortune, Kirkpatrick.

UNB - 23 players, used 22. None available. Labardo and Houde-Caron no longer with the team so the usable roster is 20. Did not play last night: Carroll, Priamo.

UPEI - 20 players, used 20. None available. Did not play last night: Taylor, Beukeboom.

DAL, STU and UNB are at the cap limit. ACA, SMU and SFX can add 1 player. UdeM and UPEI can add 2 players. UdeM, SMU and UPEI are in a similar position as UNB where they will have 2 scratches per game.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
What's up with Claffey? Injuries? I was wondering the other day why he hasn't played at all this year.

I assume UPEI will be adding Czinder to the active roster shortly.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I would guess injury to Claffey, but not sure.

From the UPEI press release:
As the power forward has been recovering from injury, MacPherson says he wants to wait until Czinder is fully ready to go before inserting him into the lineup.

“This isn’t an easy league to just jump into, so we want to have Nick in game shape and fully ready to go before we put him into uniform,” MacPherson says. “From what we have seen in practice, we like how he skates and moves the puck. He will be a welcome addition to the lineup

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Over the break, I'm guessing. The UNB guys should have a better answer. Looking at the stats he didn't get in a lot of games.

Yeah, he didn't play that much (7 games), but he was relatively productive in that time (3 goals, 4 points). I wonder if it was a school thing, lack of playing time, personal choice...

The production and what he brought to the team might not be overly difficult to replace, but losing that extra body (especially this year with the roster cap) could prove to be significant down the stretch.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Hard to say why he left. I'm sure someone knows. Czinder is not ready to play yet, according to Forbie. I can't see using up a year with 8 games or so remaining.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Over the break, I'm guessing. The UNB guys should have a better answer. Looking at the stats he didn't get in a lot of games.

Labardo is not officially gone. When we asked Gardiner after Saturday's game about Labardo's status he only said that they were going to discuss it this week.

A better indication will be Tuesday's game against Maine - since it is an exhibition game both teams can dress as many players as they want.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Labardo is not officially gone. When we asked Gardiner after Saturday's game about Labardo's status he only said that they were going to discuss it this week.

A better indication will be Tuesday's game against Maine - since it is an exhibition game both teams can dress as many players as they want.

So, he is still in school. That puts it in a different light.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com

So, he is still in school. That puts it in a different light.

To add - coach mentioned it was 'just numbers' which I'm inferring means he's the odd man out at this stage,but he's still around. I hope he sticks around, I liked his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad