Auction Game - Discussion Thread

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Been discussed on the discord and wanted to gauge overall interest to see if there is enough to throw a game we don't usually do in the mix. This game would need probably 10-16 GMs and would last about 10 days - only time I can run it is now so would need to see if we have enough sign-ups today and could start as early as tonight if so. Pretty low maintenance game that you truly only need to check in once a day for to participate.

I ran this game during the start of COVID and went pretty smoothly at the time after we made some rule adjustments.

Last Game Threads:
Discussion Thread
Bidding Thread
Roster Thread

Teams

1. @trick9 - Tampa Bay Lightning
2. @Scholarships - Vancouver Canucks
3. @Taluss - New York Rangers
4. @Kent Nilsson - Buffalo Sabres
5. @Nucker101 - Carolina Hurricanes
6. @Llamamoto - Edmonton Oilers
7. @OB5 - Montreal Canadiens
8. @Dabeast - Florida Panthers
9. @ujju2 - Washington Capitals
10. @ConnorMcMullet - St. Louis Blues
11. @Blinny - Columbus Blue Jackets
12. @LT - Seattle Kraken
13. @Tryamkin - New Jersey Devils
14. @TribalPhoenix - Toronto Maple Leafs
15. @AveryStar4Eva - Dallas Stars
16. @McMozesmadness - Los Angeles Kings
17. @Paneerboy - Ottawa Senators
18. @BumDum - Arizona Coyotes
19. @abo9 - New York Islanders
20. @Paralyzer008 - Minnesota Wild

Rules

- Each day a grouping of players will be released around 8pm EST. You will have 24 hours to PM me your offers for each player (nothing else besides the highest money matters). Each player will sign to the highest bidder at the end of the 24 hours, at which time the next grouping will be released.

- There will be 10 days worth of bidding for each GM to build their 20 man roster (12F, 6D, 2G), followed by voting. The objective is to build the best team for the 2023-24 season.

- There will be a 100m salary cap for this game.

- You can bid on as many players as you want but you are stuck with whoever you bid highest on. So don't just bid on everyone or you could be handcuffed quite quickly (I.e.: If you bid 20m on each of McDavid, MacKinnon and Matthews hoping you get one but are the highest bid on each, you have 60m tied into three players).

- Players will sign at a minimum of their 2022-23 CAP HIT. You can bid as high as you want, but they will not accept less than what they earned last year. The only exception to this will be in Round 10 of bidding on the final day. This final day will be a first-come, first-serve where any player listed can be signed to a $1,000,000 contract, even if they earned more in 2022-23 (But don't expect anyone special to be available on this day still).

- For players who earned less than $1,000,000 last year (ELC and depth players not in round 10) the minimum bid will be $1,000,000 as well.

- Please make bids in $100,000 increments. IE: 5.1m, 5.2m, etc. This is to avoid people adding a dollar or minimal amounts to a potentially common offer in order to be top offer (Ex. $5,000,001)

- You ARE allowed to increase your offer / add new offers if you change your mind. You ARE NOT allowed to decrease your offer / drop an offer. Keeping track of the highest bids only as they come in, so this would just lead to problems.

- If you bid on too many players and are over the cap, you are allowed to drop anyone you want in the end. HOWEVER, 50% of the contract for the player you dropped will remain on your payroll, so don't just bid on everyone and think you can just dump whoever you want conveniently later.

- Ties: In the event of a tied bid, I will ask each person involved in the tie what is the maximum bid they are willing to do. Whoever re-bids higher will get the player. Each person in the re-bid will have the 24 hours to re-bid on that player, but the player will sign as soon as all people involved reply. If neither person involved in the tie bid is willing to up their offer at all, I will flip a coin.

NOTE: Not every player in the NHL will be available in this draft - since we aren't operating with a full 32 teams here and want to create competitive bidding and cap management. Pretty well every top-6 F, top-4 D or starting goalie will be available, but there will be a lot of the middle of the roster type of players that won't be. If you are planning on spending all your cap early on 5 players and filling out your roster with players that cost $1m on Day 10 - expect these to be 4th liners, bottom pair D and backups (so plan accordingly).

If you are interested in participating, let me know in this thread. If you have any questions drop em here.

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
1690044400625.png

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
At 14 teams now, open to have up to 2 more.

Will be stating tonight either way.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Will stretch to 20 players if interest.

Cap will go down though.

Or if anyone wants to CO-GM one team together they may.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad