Aubameyang wins African Ballon d'Or Award

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Link

Yaya Touré has reportedly reacted very badly to missing out on being named African footballer of the year for a fifth successive year, apparently describing the decision as one which “brings shame†to the continent.

Touré, who was named African footballer of the year in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, is reported to have said: “I’m very, very disappointed. It’s sad to see Africa react this way, that they don’t think African achievements are important.

“I think this is what brings shame to Africa, because to act in that way is indecent. But what can we do about it? Us Africans, we don’t show that Africa is important in our eyes. We favour more what’s abroad than our own continent. That is pathetic.

“As I’ve been told many times, you can’t take care of Africa too much because Africa will be the first to let you downâ€

:laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah his point is that he won the AFC and Ayew was best scorer. Yet africans paid more attention to Bundesliga scoring records.
I understand their point though I think Yaya shouldn't have won it. Ayew and Aurier are probably more worthy of it than him.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Nah his point is that he won the AFC and Ayew was best scorer. Yet africans paid more attention to Bundesliga scoring records.
I understand their point though I think Yaya shouldn't have won it. Ayew and Aurier are probably more worthy of it than him.

He won it four times in a row then talks about how Africa let him down. Just kind of funny. I wonder if by his logic Valdivia should be South American player of the year over Messi or Neymar?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Was Auba's scoring record decent before starting the 2015-16 campaign? Ie under Klopp at the start of 2015. Genuinely curious.

Mahrez was pretty good for Leicester last season too and saved them from relegation and he's clearly been the best EPL player this season.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Was Auba's scoring record decent before starting the 2015-16 campaign? Ie under Klopp at the start of 2015. Genuinely curious.

Mahrez was pretty good for Leicester last season too and saved them from relegation and he's clearly been the best EPL player this season.

He was Dortmund's most consistent player in 2014-15. He scored 9 goals in 17 Bundesliga matches in the second half of 2014-15. This half-season he obviously went on a crazy run and started to put up Ronaldo-like goal totals.

I don't think Mahrez has been better than Özil.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't get it. Does he have a problem with A-yang being French-born...?

Sorry I abbreviated the article due to HF policy. He thinks he did more in the African Cup of Nations than Aubameyang, and thinks African voters should strongly emphasize what happened on the African continent rather than in European leagues.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Yaya's evident complete lack of on-pitch effort seemingly transmitting to his grief merchantry, it taking him nearly a whole day to tell the world he's been disrespected.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I should also add that Toure has won this award for the past four seasons. Maybe he's just angry at it being taken away by someone younger and better than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad