Au revoir, Mike.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
No way…that’s horrible. He was on TV not too long ago and seemed perfectly fine. 65 years old is still pretty young. :(

He was a great hockey player but he seemed like a better human being.

RIP

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I frequently saw Mike Bossy play in Junior in 1975, 1976 and 1977 and was terribly let down when the Habs chose Mark Napier over him. No size excuse like Caufield, the whole league let him drop to #15. Let this sink in: he scored more than ONE GOAL PER GAME every single year in Junior, including his 16 yo season.

Bossy could have added more Cups to the Habs' stash for sure.

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Bossy was one of the first hockey players to make it as a media personality here after their retirement, if you'll remember even before he started working games and hockey shows, he had been working for CKOI radio on their morning show and was a regular on comedy show Piment Fort. He also co-hosted a TV show with Francois Massicotte called "Virus" in 1993.

I am too young to have seen Mr. Bossy play, so my first exposure to him was on the TVA Sports panel. Before cluing in on who he was, I distinctly remember noticing how much respect he commended from his peers, and how much confidence he exuded. May he rest in peace!

Reactions: Runner77

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I really only starting watching hockey in the early 80’s and I was just mesmerized by the dominance of the islanders during that time.

So many remarkable players on those teams but no one was more captivating than Bossy.

Even his name was cool and added to his aura.

So fun to watch...RIp Mike and thanks for the great memories of my early youth and for being such a great person.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
True legend. Should have been a Hab. Napier had a good career and some successful years with the Habs, but man would he have looked good with the Canadiens.

I have never met him, talked to him, or even seen him play. Yet, I feel deeply sad this morning. May he rest in peace. My thoughts are with his close ones.

Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Damn that sucks. Young too. RIP.

I mean Mark Napier was okay, but when you could have had a local kid who was a phenomenal junior player and was actually a bigger winger than the one you drafted…

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
RIP Mike, you truly are a legend, thoughts and prayers to the family. Heaven is a better place with you in it.

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016
I frequently saw Mike Bossy play in Junior in 1975, 1976 and 1977 and was terribly let down when the Habs chose Mark Napier over him. No size excuse like Caufield, the whole league let him drop to #15. Let this sink in: he scored more than ONE GOAL PER GAME every single year in Junior, including his 16 yo season.

Bossy could have added more Cups to the Habs' stash for sure.
Habs were making draft mistakes back then too. They missed Bossy and Savard. And even Daryl Sitter.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Habs were making draft mistakes back then too. They missed Bossy and Savard. And even Daryl Sitter.
They didn't really "miss" Savard who got oicked 3rd overall. Wickenheiser was the consensus #1 pick. He just did not play up to his reputation afterwards.

Bossy on the other hand was outright baffling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad