Attention: Washington Capitals GM Relieved

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Gentlemen,

It is my unpleasant duty, especially during the holiday season, to inform everyone that Andrew Chang-Sang has, as of this moment, been relieved of his duties as GM of the Washington Capitals. I'm sure that I echo the sentiments of everyone else in the league in saying that, Andrew, we appreciate your past contributions to the HFNHL, and we wish you nothing but the best in the future.

A potential successor for the Capitals job has already been contacted. Should that person decline, the position will be opened up to a wider pool of candidates. If you are one of the people who previously contacted me regarding the Edmonton vacancy, you would be well served by emailing me again with your interest in the Washington position.

Folks, the HFNHL season is off to a great start, and despite this minor bit of unpleasantness, our GM retention is phenomenal. So everyone, keep up the good work, and stay on the Sim God's good side! ;)

-The Commish

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Damn, two Andrew's in one month! It's starting to seem like we here in the HFNHL have a bias against Andrew's.

In all seriousness Andrew, I'm going to say similar things as to what I said about Andy Gledhill leaving. You were one of the easiest GM's to talk to, and we completed many trades over my years in the league. Your positive demeanor and attitude will be missed my division rival friend.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
to make you both happy, Matt and Martin .. lets hire

Matt Martin or Martin Matt :)

All the best for you, Andrew, in the future!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I wish you and the family all the best Andrew - we'll be calling you for poker in the New Year!

And I wish whoever takes over your team the very best as well - I still have a soft spot for my old franchise. :)

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
(drydenmedia) Word out of Chicago is that GM Dryden Lewis was seen drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels as news of the firing of fellow GM Andrew Chang-Sang began to hit the air waves. It is not known at the time whether it is in celebration or sadness.

"He brought me into this league and we had some success in our tenure together. We brought some fresh blood to the league with our approach and made a Final in our first year. Once I had an opportunity to stand on my own two feet and become a GM of my own team I took it and we had some battles over the years that were fun. It's a shame that that he will no longer be in the league for the time being. Perhaps the future may bring something else. Maybe he could even return to the league as my AGM one day."

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Best of luck to everyone in the league. It's a great league to be part of and I wish I had more time to devote to it. I was grappling with stepping down this year as time is scarce nowadays and this announcement makes the decision for me.
Everyone in the league has been great and I will miss most of you. (The rest I will still see so I wont miss you guys :))
And Tony....will definitely see you in March. Ironically enough may end up at more HFNHL events now....maybe I'll be the first groupie.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Best of luck to everyone in the league. It's a great league to be part of and I wish I had more time to devote to it. I was grappling with stepping down this year as time is scarce nowadays and this announcement makes the decision for me.
Everyone in the league has been great and I will miss most of you. (The rest I will still see so I wont miss you guys :))
And Tony....will definitely see you in March. Ironically enough may end up at more HFNHL events now....maybe I'll be the first groupie.

Best of luck to you, Chang-Sang. Don't be an HFBoards stranger!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2