Attention Matt Kershaw

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Sorry about this venue Matt but I sent emails and I've posted lines three consecutive times yet my lines are not being loaded. Please get back to me so if there's a problem with my lines I know what to do to fix them.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Sorry about this venue Matt but I sent emails and I've posted lines three consecutive times yet my lines are not being loaded. Please get back to me so if there's a problem with my lines I know what to do to fix them.

Sorry Drew, but these line postings have been ignored at my instruction.

And they weren't going to help anyway.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Damn iPad ate my post. Damn blackberry ate my email reply yesterday.

Anyway. What Nick said.

So what ate my lines? Seriously technology clearly hates you Matt :P
When the robots start to take over the world you might very well be the first victim ;)

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica

I didn't notice any problems. I got no error message but Obviously the lines were not loaded yesterday according to the transactions reports. However they were actually loaded the GD before according to the transactions so it's only yesterday I can see.

Troubleshooting:

The Rangers lines have been giving me grief and crashing the sim. Not sure why. It's been going for a couple of days. Yesterday the did it again on a first load but were fine on the second. So, it's not something on Sean's end but on mine. And I am not sure if this is why your lines did not load.

I always do count checks. If there are 5 lines in the Yahoo I always make sure that I have 5 lines in my folder and then get a confirm from the sim that 5 lines were loaded. I didn't notice any trouble yesterday which makes it more confusing. This is usually where I catch a problem of misnamed files. If a file has the wrong name or is missing the extension then I catch it here. Doug's lines often appear without the extension and dont get loaded until I fix it. If that happened with the Wings lines though I would have caught it in the count check.

The other possibility is timing. I download the lines and then sim. But I keep the lines in the Yahoo group until I am sure the sim worked and everything is saved and backed up on the HFNHL server. I do this because the sim deletes lines files when it imports. And so I leave the lines files up as a double backup (since I keep a local backup as well). If you happened to upload your file after I downloaded but before I deleted then I wouldn't have the file. I can check this by looking in my local backup when I'm next at my laptop. This seams like a reasonable answer because there was about a half hour delay yesterday as I was doing some maintenance (adding newly signed free agents) and researching Hunter to decide if I should claim him off waivers (I always do my claims right away so they appear in the waivers file, so that people can see it and not accuse me of abusing the waiver system....)

Regardless I will triple check your lines get loaded today. And I apologize it didn't get done, especially at this crucial time of year.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
So what ate my lines? Seriously technology clearly hates you Matt :P
When the robots start to take over the world you might very well be the first victim ;)

This is exactly why I've gone into the technology biz. If someone is going to create cylons I had better be their god if I'm to stand any chance.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Weird. Does that happen with Dry(den)'s files as well? Wondered if it was something to do with me running Mono on my Mac. I'll keep an eye out for it, in any event.

Sorry for the extra work!

It's happened once or twice when I've downloaded others tho usually theirs are files misnamed. I assume this is when gms do it? Wetdens lines are usually impeccable. As are other mono users as far as I remember.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
However they were actually loaded the GD before according to the transactions so it's only yesterday I can see.

Thanks Matt. Admittedly the reference to transactions showing the prior lines loaded successfully adds to my confusion. I've sent 3 lines since acquiring Kubina all that have him in the lineup but he's stayed as a scratch despite the indication that the lines did load.

Clearly there is a conspiracy here lead by Mr. Quain. You might need to double check who the uploader of Detroit files is ;)

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Thanks Matt. Admittedly the reference to transactions showing the prior lines loaded successfully adds to my confusion. I've sent 3 lines since acquiring Kubina all that have him in the lineup but he's stayed as a scratch despite the indication that the lines did load.

Clearly there is a conspiracy here lead by Mr. Quain. You might need to double check who the uploader of Detroit files is ;)

Rumour has it that Dallas GM was seen roaming around the head office in Detroit.:)

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica

Yeah - I'm really not sure why Kubina isn't in the lines if one of those lines files that was loaded.

Seems like that is a different problem as to why your lines yesterday didn't load. As I don't have the file in my backup folder it must have been either 1) the timing problem of uploading after I had already grabbed the files 2) Sim god error in count checking and just missing the file altogether.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Since the deadline, i've only played one game and I had the same problem but just assumed it was me...

Strange. Can't think of why that would be. I will check each lines file individually today before simming. And I'll add that emergency goalie for you too Dan.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Probably isn't the case here, but I've run into problems before when uploading old lines files. A couple times I've noticed the SIM saving files into a different directory than usual but I've uploaded the one from my regular HFNHL folder. I've also noticed something similar happen when I've updated the Client file and saved it in a different directory, the new lines output get moved but I've forgotten and look at the old directory still.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Probably isn't the case here, but I've run into problems before when uploading old lines files. A couple times I've noticed the SIM saving files into a different directory than usual but I've uploaded the one from my regular HFNHL folder. I've also noticed something similar happen when I've updated the Client file and saved it in a different directory, the new lines output get moved but I've forgotten and look at the old directory still.

Could be this. It's worth noting and checking that the file isn't an old one. I'm not sure if transactions notes this - I wouldn't get a message unless there was something like a player on waivers, injured or out in some other way -

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Me too. When uploading the file, I always double check the "Dated created" before uploading to ensure it is in fact the file I just created. Had that happen to me a few times.

This is of course, how I came up with the idea for the Wings Antiloader Worm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad