Attention All GM's

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Hey Guys,

Ok, with Hasnain's idea of me putting together some sort of prospect list for us. I've got a couple ideas to ensure that the list and subsequent write up are much different than Tony and Ville's so that nothing is taken away from their hard work.

Basically I'm going to take it in the direction of the type of the THN Prospect Guide, meaning that the final write up will include a top 50 HFNHL Prospect List, Organizational rankings, as well as a top 10 prospect list for each team.

Ok, so here's where I need you guys. For the top 50 Prospect List, I'm going to make it a collaboration effort with all other GM's wishing to participate. That means, I need a top 50 prospect list from any GM who wants to submit one. I will then combine all the lists to create one master top 50 list for the HFNHL. I think if I can at least get 1/3 of the GM's to submit a list, it would make for a very cool addition to the board. We've never done anything like this, so hopefully it works out. It will be interesting to see which team can get the most players on the top 50 list!

Ok, as per what constitutes a prospect, I'm going to go with the following criteria:
1) Player must be 25 years OR younger as per December 31, 2007 (meaning 1982 and up born players are eligible).
2) Skaters cannot have played more than 41 games of NHL action previous to the 2007-08 NHL season. Goalies cannot have played more than 20 games. This means that current NHL rookies (ala Patrick Kane) are still eligible!
3) Players can be on teams prospect lists or rosters. It does not matter. This is to allow any player eligible under the above criteria to be included, regardless of whether they have been signed as undraftees or depth(for example Teddy Purcell).

You can send your lists in at any time to [email protected]. Just use the heading, "HFNHL Top 50 List," in your email. Also please either attach the document in Microsoft word, wordpad, or as part of the email itself. I do not have Word Perfect! The deadline for the submission of these lists will be Friday, January 4. That way I can finish off the compilation before my second block begins.

So hopefully this becomes an interesting write up!

Default101

count me in... well.. when i don't take double shifts on my day off lol :)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Ok, well I've got lists from 3 other G.M.'s so far. Ideally I would have liked to see a few more lists. Their is still 2 more days left until the deadline I set. Are there any other G.M.'s or A.GM's for that matter, who intend on sending me a list?

HFNHL Red Wings

I always love reading this stuff and appreciate the thought you folks put into these but I don't realistically see myself getting enough time to compile anything in the near future to contribute. Heck I don't keep as close an eye on prospect development for my own guys than I should.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Brock,

I can have something in by Sunday. I know that's past your due date but my focus is work until the weekend.

Claudio

Claudio, that is fine. I managed to get the entire write up done already and I've sorted and processed all the lists I've gotten so far. So it wouldn't be much work to just add yours in and then post the finished product on say Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad