WJC: Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
You mean $50/ticket in a package where you are required to buy 16(?) games?

Actually, $800 for a 16 game pack wouldn't be that bad if they're not nose-bleeds. I would likely end up selling half of it anyway, including the weak Canada games.

I know single-game tickets wouldn't be an option, I get they're all packs. If it comes back here, I'll see what StubHub has to offer.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Actually, $800 for a 16 game pack wouldn't be that bad if they're not nose-bleeds. I would likely end up selling half of it anyway, including the weak Canada games.

I know single-game tickets wouldn't be an option, I get they're all packs. If it comes back here, I'll see what StubHub has to offer.

I agree. I paid $1260 (don't quote me because I can't remember) for 2 ticket packs (one for me, one for my ex) for Buffalo. If it comes again, I would happily pay $2K.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Any chance the IIHF would consider moving the tournament away from the Christmas holidays? Like right after New Year's or something? No question the timing didn't help attendance in either city either, and it made it difficult to attend games as well.

I bought a 13-game package last December with a couple of friends, and we were even having trouble figuring out how to split the games between 3 people with each of our family commitments. It's just a terrible time to have an event like this. Make it early January or early December.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I'm going to assume they bought a package and were able to plan well ahead of time. The event wasn't very well advertised here, and quite frankly people thinking they'd go see a game when they had the time to didn't feel like spending 500$ on a tuesday.

Likely, given they went as a family.

I struggle a bit with the notion of having to "advertise" the event to hockey fans.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Any chance the IIHF would consider moving the tournament away from the Christmas holidays? Like right after New Year's or something? No question the timing didn't help attendance in either city either, and it made it difficult to attend games as well.

I bought a 13-game package last December with a couple of friends, and we were even having trouble figuring out how to split the games between 3 people with each of our family commitments. It's just a terrible time to have an event like this. Make it early January or early December.

It's actually the game easiest time to make games. Work takes up a lot more time on a regular week then family will over the holidays. And I would gladly skip a Christmas party for a Canada world Jr game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad