GDT: Attack on Chicago, 7:30PM SNET-E

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Regin looked kind of motivated for the Hawks. Too bad it takes a revenge motive for him to actually play with some intensity.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I've lost a dozen posts at the end of GDT's here at HF when we switched over to PGT... and here we are posting with impunity. Feels wrong.

It is wrong.

Berserker*

Stone continues to look good. Nice to see he is translating it into production. Will be hard for the team to ignore him again at the start of next season.

Imagine if they actually grew some and tried out a prospect heavy lineup.

Hoffman - Spezza - Hemsky
Stone - Turris - Macarthur
Greening - Smith - Condra
Pageau - Zibanejad - Dacosta

Scratch: Michalek, Neil

Karlsson - Methot
Ceci - Wiercoch
Gryba - Cowen

Scratch: Phillips

What do we have to lose?

What do we have to lose?

That would be one of the softest group of forwards in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

TruSensCoach

Mar 5, 2014
Stone continues to look good. Nice to see he is translating it into production. Will be hard for the team to ignore him again at the start of next season.

Imagine if they actually grew some and tried out a prospect heavy lineup.

Hoffman - Spezza - Hemsky
Stone - Turris - Macarthur
Greening - Smith - Condra
Pageau - Zibanejad - Dacosta

Scratch: Michalek, Neil

Karlsson - Methot
Ceci - Wiercoch
Gryba - Cowen

Scratch: Phillips

What do we have to lose?

What do we have to lose?

Sorry to say but that's a brutal lineup and in what world do u play greening condra pagaeu or da costa over michalek?

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks we'd be up there with the pack at 80 pts if Andy hadn't gotten hurt against Nashville? For starters we wouldn't have collapsed vs the habs and there was a good chance we would have beaten the bolts at home and Andy likely would have saved 1 of the 2 panther goals. That's 4 pts that Lehner has cost us since Andy went down.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks we'd be up there with the pack at 80 pts if Andy hadn't gotten hurt against Nashville? For starters we wouldn't have collapsed vs the habs and there was a good chance we would have beaten the bolts at home and Andy likely would have saved 1 of the 2 panther goals. That's 4 pts that Lehner has cost us since Andy went down.

Probably. But it was a good learning experience for Lehner. He needs to know what it takes to be a starting goaltender in this league.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
they also play each other a few times which is what will probably kill us

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
- I think Ryan will be ready to go by next season no?

- Scratching Michalek for Greening or Condra has me scratching my head...

- Zib on the fourth line now?

- I like the sentiment, but the execution leaves me wanting...

This is for this year. I wouldnt ice that line up when trying to get into the playoffs. Condra and Greening will likely be playing for the Sens next year. Michalek likely will not.

Why? He needs to be on a scoring line.

He is. People are WAY too hung up on numbering lines.

Sorry to say but that's a brutal lineup and in what world do u play greening condra pagaeu or da costa over michalek?

Michalek shouldnt be here next season. Lets see what we look like without him.

That would be one of the softest group of forwards in the league.

We arent making the playoffs. Might as well see what the kids can do.

Berserker*

We arent making the playoffs. Might as well see what the kids can do.

I must have misread your post. I thought you wanted to role those lines going into next season. Although, we have some restrictions on the mount of players we can call up now. With all of Stone, Hoffman and Ceci up I think we have may 1 or two more call ups left. So we might want to pick the most deserving player. Also we don't want to decimate Bingo's roster as they are still fighting for a playoff spot.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Lets ride Anderson to the playoffs, #beastmode.

Somehow I'm feeling this too. Teams around the last spots aren't playing well and we're not so far off. We'll have do go on a big run and the others continue to flounder but I'm just feeling like it's possible.

Both wildcards are up for grabs too, not just one spot.

Andy has been known to get on those rolls....

SuperDuper101

May 15, 2013
Phillips out, reduced minutes for Neil because he fought. Team wins games... not surprised. Why oh why has Wier not been in the lineup all year.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Chicago: 1245 Hits
Ottawa: 2142 Hits

Give me more of that softness.

Yeah, except Chicago is an elite team with grizzled vets that know how to win and 3 legit superstar players up front, nevermind on defense.

That team is ****ing stacked, a bad comparison for Ottawa.

Berserker*

Chicago: 1245 Hits
Ottawa: 2142 Hits

Give me more of that softness.

You do realize that a softer team isn't necessarily a better team? As for Chicago, most fans don;t appreciate the fact that their style of play is similar to a physical team aside fro the hits. Much like a physical team, they put a ton of pressure on the puck carriers. They take away time and space and force teams to make bad plays and turnover pucks. They are a poor example of a "soft" team.

You want a "soft" team go look at the Habs. You want more "softness" that is what we are going to get. A team that gets bullied out of the playoffs in the first round.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Almost forgot - big giant "get stuffed" to all of the "long time" Blackhawks fans in the building last night with their Jonathan Toews jerseys. I have no problem with Toews, but blatant bandwagon fans make me nauseous...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I imagine Chicago has the puck so much they don't have time to throw hits.

Not that much more they don't. A more likely explanation is with more skill, the dump and chase far less, but I guess in the end it all factors in when you have that big of a difference

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad