GDT: Attack on Chicago, 7:30PM SNET-E

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Almost forgot - big giant "get stuffed" to all of the "long time" Blackhawks fans in the building last night with their Jonathan Toews jerseys. I have no problem with Toews, but blatant bandwagon fans make me nauseous...

:5:

No kidding. Amazing how so many Chicago jerseys suddenly appeared around Ottawa in the last 6-7 years. Really pathetic.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

No kidding. Amazing how so many Chicago jerseys suddenly appeared around Ottawa in the last 6-7 years. Really pathetic.

Eh, FWIW I have friends who are die hard hockey fans who own multiple jerseys from multiple teams. I've never really seen a casual in another teams jersey, its mostly die hard Sens fans who play high level hockey and own a lot of jerseys.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Eh, FWIW I have friends who are die hard hockey fans who own multiple jerseys from multiple teams. I've never really seen a casual in another teams jersey, its mostly die hard Sens fans who play high level hockey and own a lot of jerseys.

google translation: Andre Benoit Bawls owns a Chicago Jersey and is defending his right to wear it.

response: It's okay dude, I have a Eddy "the eagle" Belfour painting from when he was in Chicago, because the guy is a freaken legend.

Berserker*

I imagine Chicago has the puck so much they don't have time to throw hits.

This. Lack of hits is more of an indication of puck possession then how physical a team is. It is interesting that some of the teams that are known for their physicality are all over the map in regards to amount of hits they have this season. LA (2nd), Philadelphia (6th), Boston (11th), St Louis (13th), and San Jose (27th). Hell, one of the most physical teams this year is Calgary as Hartley likes his team to play with an edge and tends to employ "goon" tactics. They are ranked 22nd in total hits.

Also there isn't much of a relationship between the amount of hits (or lack thereof) and the standings. Top five teams in hits are Toronto, LA, Columbus, Ottawa and Winnipeg. At this point 2 of those are currently ranked top 8 in their respective conferences. The bottom five teams in hits are Chicago, Minnesota, New Jersey, San Jose and Nashville. At this point 3 of those teams are currently in a playoff spot.

Therefore hit stats can be misleading. A qualitative assessment would arguably be better than a quantitive approach to making an accurate assessment of a teams physicality.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
google translation: Andre Benoit Bawls owns a Chicago Jersey and is defending his right to wear it.

response: It's okay dude, I have a Eddy "the eagle" Belfour painting from when he was in Chicago, because the guy is a freaken legend.

Haha I wish! I own a Sens Alfredsson jersey from 2 years ago, a Peter Schaefer autographed free-giveaway practice jersey, a Team Canada Luongo jersey and a black flying V Canucks jersey that I got for skiing when I moved out West. I'm of the mind that I'd rather go to a bunch of games in the nosebleeds with a some good buddies than buy the jersey of someone I might not really care about in 5-10 years. Luongo's been my favourite goalie since I started following hockey and he used to mail me some autographed gear, so when the WHC came to Ottawa I figured it was worth the buy.

That sounds like a friggin sweet painting though. I myself have a framed and autographed photograph of Jason Spezza hanging in my childhood bedroom, despite his nefarious schemes to destroy the Ottawa Senators organization from within.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I'm glad we beat Chicago. After reading some of the garbage on their board I realized how arrogant some of their fans were. Almost Leaf-like arrogance and entitlement. Had a couple of days to think about it it was nice dishing out some humble pie. **** you hawk fans!!

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
- I think Ryan will be ready to go by next season no?

- Scratching Michalek for Greening or Condra has me scratching my head...

- Zib on the fourth line now?

- I like the sentiment, but the execution leaves me wanting...

Almost forgot - big giant "get stuffed" to all of the "long time" Blackhawks fans in the building last night with their Jonathan Toews jerseys. I have no problem with Toews, but blatant bandwagon fans make me nauseous...

Look at how many Sens fan have Karlsson jerseys.

Not to mention edge coming in kind of forced people to buy new jerseys to stay current.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad