ATT: All General Manager - prep for free agency

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I sent this email yesterday morning it must have got missed, but I did send to Jeff and both Swingsteins.

Also we did sign Dale Weise. I can forward the confirmation.

Hey guys here is a list of prospect releases, UFA's and other rosters moves for the Hurricanes.

First roster move is Tomas Vokoun to the farm roster, he did not play NHL last year so I'd like to move him to the farm, or have him retired whatever the proper move is on this. I believe it's being sent to the farm as he hasn't officially retired.

Prospect releases - Ashton Sautner(Y:2012-O:203), D Tommy Cross 07, F Curtis Hamilton(Y:2010-O:70), F Josh Nicholls(Y:2010-O:202), G Oliver Roy 09, Joachim Nermark(Y:2011-O:110), Kurt Etchegary(Y:2013-O:128), Maxim Shalunov(Y:2011-O:117), Michael Clarke(Y:2012-O:149), Olivier Archambault(Y:2011-O:131),

Hurricanes heading to UFA - Dany Heatley, Mike Brown, Matthias Tedenby (not qualified), Tyler Brown, Mark Olver ( not qualified), Cody McCormack, Ben Eager

Right. It went to my personal account and not SimGod. Please make sure anything Sim related goes to the SimGod gmail account and only Lightning related stuff goes to my personal email.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
First roster move is Tomas Vokoun to the farm roster, he did not play NHL last year so I'd like to move him to the farm, or have him retired whatever the proper move is on this. I believe it's being sent to the farm as he hasn't officially retired.

Going back to Vokoun specifically for a second...

Since he played in NA last year (2 AHL games) is he eligible to go to the prospect list as an injured player? Going to the farm won't help as that will cost you his full salary so it's a matter of whether his late season games in the AHL count or not.

Official ruling?

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
Going back to Vokoun specifically for a second...

Since he played in NA last year (2 AHL games) is he eligible to go to the prospect list as an injured player? Going to the farm won't help as that will cost you his full salary so it's a matter of whether his late season games in the AHL count or not.

Official ruling?

According to the rulebook he goes to the prospect list.

http://hfnhl.org/Rulebook.pdf

3.4 Players Suffering Long Term Injuries
When dealing with injuries a player will be eligible to play in the HFNHL as long as he played games in the NHL the previous season. If the player suffers a long term injury and misses an entire NHL season he will then be moved to the prospect list to start the next HFNHL season.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
This is an interesting case. The wording of the rule is vague. If a player plays professional hockey in North America, we are on the hook for their salary. It will be interesting to see how this case is ruled. Per my understanding NHL and AHL have always been interchangeable.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Craig Smith is listed as both an RFA and a UFA. He was qualified by the Kings and is thus an RFA and should be removed from the UFA list.

Tanner Glass and Clayton Stoner both accepted 1-year deals and so should be removed from the UFA list.

Thanks

Last edited:

SenatorsGM

Jun 25, 2012
Jordie Benn is listed as an RFA but he accepted his Qualifying Offer and should be removed from the RFA list please.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
According to the rulebook he goes to the prospect list.

http://hfnhl.org/Rulebook.pdf

3.4 Players Suffering Long Term Injuries
When dealing with injuries a player will be eligible to play in the HFNHL as long as he played games in the NHL the previous season. If the player suffers a long term injury and misses an entire NHL season he will then be moved to the prospect list to start the next HFNHL season.

Vokoun will be moved to the Hurricanes' prospect list.

But the changing of the rule will now read...

"When dealing with injuries a player will be eligible to play in the HFNHL as long as he played games in a professional North American league the previous season. If the player suffers a long term injury and misses an entire pro season he will then be moved to the prospect list to start the next HFNHL season."

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Why is Ryan Reaves on updated UFA list as being on Colorado?

Unless there is a different Ryan Reaves he's a Hawk and on the RFA at #11

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2